• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dorkyfresh Sketches and Drawings

you got some talent there, are you going to an art school? if not, I recommend the Savannah College of Art and Design...you will really blossum there...

I love the illustration.... I'm not really into that, mainly because I suck at it... but I'm in Graphic Symbolism, and mostly commercial art... I tried to learn this but I can't even draw a simple hand right....

but looking at all your work....

I rate this....
10/10

do your thang....

Last edited:
thanks so much for the support and comments guys!

I kinda am surprised you put the yin/yang thing on Goku's back. Make a Bulma one. (With a realistic spin ;) )
i love yin/yang and i thought it was a nice fit. as for Bulma...take that quote off your sig and i might consider it, hehe.

I can't stop marveling at your art. I've gone through all the posts here [quite a few near the beginning have broken links :(] and I must say - I envy you. The best I can do is a simple sketch, then ink...sometimes I can color the characters/objects, but as for BGs? They mock me...

And a note about your TDK poster. I absolutely love it. You're officially my hero. :D
thanks for the heartfelt compliments and your proclaimation of my being your hero! hehe

foreal though, BGs get me too, so don't beat yourself up over it. however, if you learn to draw backgrounds as good as your subjects, then you'll definitely be on your way!

you got some talent there, are you going to an art school? if not, I recommend the Savannah College of Art and Design...you will really blossum there...

I love the illustration.... I'm not really into that, mainly because I suck at it... but I'm in Graphic Symbolism, and mostly commercial art... I tried to learn this but I can't even draw a simple hand right....

but looking at all your work....

I rate this....
10/10

do your thang....
no, i'm not in any art school. in fact, i've never gone to one. i took art in high school but my teacher sucked so a lot of my skill is self taught. i attended ITT Tech for 2 years and learned how to work photoshop but they're not an art school. anywho, thanks for the kudos and what not...

...are you in an art school?

yeah I'm currently studying Graphic Design at the Art Institute of Ohio - Cincinnati, not the best of the AIs I wanted Atlanta but cost too much...

so do you do all your art in Photoshop?

You like Angelina Jolie? :oldrazz: And I do have to say, we may disagree about Dragonball, but dammit your artwork is awesome.

awesome....glad you guys like my art!!! anyway, update...

2732438436_52a4a6cb2c_b.jpg

so much to love in your thread lately. The piece above is a master piece. It makes me sad we don't get to see REAL art in movie posters for the most part these days.

Also loving the DBZ stuff... And the Obama avatar... And my mind is a littl fired right now from lack of sleep, but isn't 'Kiss my Converse' from 'The Last Dragon'... It's almost irrelvant, as I just added 'The Last Dragon' to my Blockbuster Online queue.

Dorky, what are the chance sI can get you to draw a Lobo sketch?

yeah I'm currently studying Graphic Design at the Art Institute of Ohio - Cincinnati, not the best of the AIs I wanted Atlanta but cost too much...

so do you do all your art in Photoshop?
that's cool. hope you're liking your schooling. i went to ITT Technical Institute for college. not exactly an art college, but it definitely helped me learn a few media programs.

and yes, i do MOST of my art in photoshop. every now and then i'll bust out the clip board and kick it old school with a pencil and eraser.

You like Angelina Jolie? :oldrazz: And I do have to say, we may disagree about Dragonball, but dammit your artwork is awesome.
haha thanks, Cartman.....and yes, i love Angelina and all her crazy ethnically diverse batch of kids. sersiously though, she needs to adopt a latino/hispanic and a middle eastern kid and her collection will be complete.

so much to love in your thread lately. The piece above is a master piece. It makes me sad we don't get to see REAL art in movie posters for the most part these days.
that's quite a compliment, Mattchew....thanks a lot. yeah, the drawn movie posters are a dying breed. the only one who can still get away with it is the master, himself, Drew Struzan.....but as long as he's still able to get away with it, it's okay by me.

Also loving the DBZ stuff... And the Obama avatar... And my mind is a littl fired right now from lack of sleep, but isn't 'Kiss my Converse' from 'The Last Dragon'... It's almost irrelvant, as I just added 'The Last Dragon' to my Blockbuster Online queue.
hehe....it's definitely from 'Last Dragon'. probably my favorite movie as a child. you heard about the remake right?

Dorky, what are the chance sI can get you to draw a Lobo sketch?
i already owe a couple of hypesters (who shall remain usernameless at the moment) some sketches, but once i get done with them i'll letcha know. :cwink:

Last edited:
Cool :)

They're making a Last dragon remake? :(. They'll never touch the greatness that was/is Taimak and Vanity

that's cool. hope you're liking your schooling. i went to ITT Technical Institute for college. not exactly an art college, but it definitely helped me learn a few media programs.

and yes, i do MOST of my art in photoshop. every now and then i'll bust out the clip board and kick it old school with a pencil and eraser.

haha thanks, Cartman.....and yes, i love Angelina and all her crazy ethnically diverse batch of kids. sersiously though, she needs to adopt a latino/hispanic and a middle eastern kid and her collection will be complete.

that's quite a compliment, Mattchew....thanks a lot. yeah, the drawn movie posters are a dying breed. the only one who can still get away with it is the master, himself, Drew Struzan.....but as long as he's still able to get away with it, it's okay by me.

hehe....it's definitely from 'Last Dragon'. probably my favorite movie as a child. you heard about the remake right?

i already owe a couple of hypesters (who shall remain usernameless at the moment) some sketches, but once i get done with them i'll letcha know. :cwink:

Gotta Catch'em All.

Cool :)

They're making a Last dragon remake? :(. They'll never touch the greatness that was/is Taimak and Vanity
yeah...Sam Jack (Nick Fury) is gonna play ShoNizzle!!! and RZA is producing and helping with the music. those 2 things give me hope that this remake might actually be good!

but you're right....Taimak/Vanity will be hard to top.

Gotta Catch'em All.

haha!!! she would've saved a bunch of time, money, and frustration if she had just gotten a Wii. :D

time to update this beeyotch.....i need to take a dump anyway. here is a bunch of random sketches i've done since 2000...

sktch-profile.jpg

mgs-snakestudy.jpg

mgs-snakesktch2.jpg
mgs-snakesktch.jpg

lotr-hobbits1.jpg

lotr-frodo1.jpg

lotr-cast1.jpg

Beautiful progress dude, are you going to finish any of them off?

One other question I have been meaning to ask you for sometime but putting it off :o, all your work is great but they are based on already known/designed characters. Do you have any original characters of your own and have you done much work with crafts/ships/vehicles?

LOTR!!!!!!

Nice job as always.

You need to do those LOTR's up right man they rock!

Beautiful progress dude, are you going to finish any of them off?

One other question I have been meaning to ask you for sometime but putting it off :o, all your work is great but they are based on already known/designed characters. Do you have any original characters of your own and have you done much work with crafts/ships/vehicles?

sorry man, but these are just sketches. i don't intend on finishing any of them. as for original characters and vehicles, i've got got sketches of a few...

concept-spaceships2.jpg

concept-spaceships1.jpg

concept-2warriors.jpg

concept-2warriors3.jpg

concept-2warriors2.jpg

concept-demonhed.jpg

...originality is not my forte' though, hehe. i'm kinda like the Japanese. i take already made things and try to make them look better.

LOTR!!!!!!

Nice job as always.

all amazing. thanks fir the update!

You need to do those LOTR's up right man they rock!
thanx! i'll try to get one done whenever the Hobbit comes out.

Last edited:
sorry man, but these are just sketches. i don't intend on finishing any of them. as for original characters and vehicles, i've got got sketches of a few...

concept-spaceships2.jpg

concept-spaceships1.jpg

concept-2warriors.jpg

concept-2warriors3.jpg

concept-2warriors2.jpg

concept-demonhed.jpg

...originality is not my forte' though, hehe.

Some of those are pretty sharp looking.

i'm kinda like the Japanese. i take already made things and try to make them look better.

That's interesting, I kind of have a fascination for airships, in particular the designs that are like the Final Fantasy VII ones ie Highwind and Sierra. Have you ever considered something like this before or you have no interest in it?

Some of those are pretty sharp looking.

That's interesting, I kind of have a fascination for airships, in particular the designs that are like the Final Fantasy VII ones ie Highwind and Sierra. Have you ever considered something like this before or you have no interest in it?
oh yeah, FF's ships are badass....specifically the ones from 7. i've never considered developing vehicles professionally. like i said, that's not my forte'. maybe one day i'll get into it, but i've always been more a character artist than a vehicle or environmental artist.

Dorky great stuff

lovin the lotr sketches

i want to demand you to finish some of these dumps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"