The Art of Mee: Part II

everytime i come into Mee's thread and see his new stuff, it always makes me want to go grab a pencil and some paper

I can't describe how much I love this style. The stark, clean look of it is great. It's easy to read and gets the point across without having to resort to thousands of lines on people's faces. Some of the best use of shadows I've seen in inked pictures lately, as well. Are there any projects you're working on?

Wow thanks :up:

I have a couple things going on. I've been working with a writer on developing his cartoon series concept, doing designs and concept art type stuff and we'll be pitching it around. I also illustrated a children's book for a local author that should be coming out within the next couple of months.

Something new

spidey_blackcatINKS_zpsysoqoipe.jpg

spidey_blackcatCOLORS_zpsdfuunyiy.jpg

The Spidey pose was referenced from a parkour photo, it's one of my favorite things I've ever done. Black Cat was a modified Bruce Timm Catwoman pose and probably came out too cartoony. Background also from photo reference but I simplified a lot of it. The coloring...eh.

spiderswing_zpsw0mirumo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

really digging that Mee. ya dun good :up:

Thanks all!

Ditko is not a name I've heard come up from my work before, but I love him so very flattered. :up:

Work from the last couple of months

ThorColors_zpsgrnqsuzm.jpg

superman_darkseidcolors_zpshnccxomu.jpg

kamandi_colors_zpsumkkggot.jpg

capvmodok_zpsgszfsrf2.jpg

supercolors_zpsoi7lmr9p.jpg

dd_jessicajonesCOLORS_zpsn0y93ed5.jpg

punishercolors_zpsqa8oqakp.jpg

june16hulkCOLORS_zpsam4xtq0v.jpg

lanterns_zpskkrne9iy.jpg

june16wonderwomanCOLORS_zpsev510zst.jpg

i like that one of Thor scratching his back with his hammer :awesome:

great stuff as usual. you should enter one into the contest this month. and i really think you'll like next month's theme

Beautiful. :applaud

Care to do a sketch with Cap's shield hitting M.O.D.O.K.'s nose?

Care to do a sketch with Cap's shield hitting M.O.D.O.K.'s nose?

Hah, could be fun. That was the first time I had ever drawn M.O.D.O.K. and he really is fun to draw.

Some more stuff since I last checked in--

harleycolors_zpszch9uqlt.jpg

my contest entry

julybatcolors_zpsbi7a1ove.jpg

DDcover_zpspaygtgxc.jpg

cars_zpshizg39io.jpg

batcomputercolors_zpslxc9zvev.jpg

This one was by commission, Steve Rogers and Felicity Smoak

Steve_FelicityColors_zpsmnce4gau.jpg

WWII%20Hill%202_zpsp86uzker.jpg

aug16jokercolors_zpsfpjcx7hd.jpg

vision_zpsqh0r6fx9.jpg

Hah, could be fun. That was the first time I had ever drawn M.O.D.O.K. and he really is fun to draw.
Hope you do it, and enjoy it. :D
Thanks for all the sweet eye candy. :up:

This one was by commission, Steve Rogers and Felicity Smoak

Steve_FelicityColors_zpsmnce4gau.jpg
Flarrow version is a vehicle for every male hero, and now you make her taint Steve? :oldrazz:
I'm considering reading Firestorm just to see her character in the pre-52 world.

Been on these boards for ten years and I'm sad that I'm just now discovering this thread. You're killing it, Mee :up:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

And I love that avatar of yours.

still a big fan of your War and period piece stuff

Great stuff Mee, very sharp and clean. I loved going through this thread and seeing the development of your work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"