No Way Home "Down Came The Goblin, and Took The Spider Out" - Willem Dafoe Needs His Thread Too

Wouldn’t it be great if ASM2 Goblin showed up…

Dafoe Norman: “Even in a different universe you’re an embarrassment!”
PresentHugeAmericanindianhorse-max-1mb.gif

Is he going to get a new costume or are they sticking with the original? Plus now that they're on MCU Earth there's all sorts of great tech at their disposal to upgrade their gear.

Is he going to get a new costume or are they sticking with the original? Plus now that they're on MCU Earth there's all sorts of great tech at their disposal to upgrade their gear.

It'll probably be a mix of both, judging by Molina's look in the first teaser.

It'll probably be a mix of both, judging by Molina's look in the first teaser.
depending on who the 6th villain is I think Goblin, Electro, and Lizard will be the ones with the redesigns. I agree that Goblin might be a mixture and not a total revamp

There's this leaked fan design making rounds on Twitter that someone made after hearing the descriptions or something like that.

Basically it's the Raimi suit but with more purple on the armor, smoother look for the body armor, and a hood hanging around his neck.

There's this leaked fan design making rounds on Twitter that someone made after hearing the descriptions or something like that.

Basically it's the Raimi suit but with more purple on the armor, smoother look for the body armor, and a hood hanging around his neck.
Don't know if it's legit, but it does seem to match what Dafoe's wearing in that leaked pic.

Can't tell without looking. I've seen the actual leak and you can only really see the cloak with a sliver of green from tye suit at the neck poking out. It's hard to tell, but it looks like there could be scaling on the arm similar to his look in tthe comics.

For me original outfit with a purple cloak is enough. They should do something like this, and it will be perfect. These mask lights are very effective

altgoblin1.png

altgoblin2.png

As much as I love that Dafoe’s Goblin is coming back, I hope his inclusion here doesn’t preclude Marvel from doing its own version of Norman in the future. I’d like to see a new take on the character who’s more of a long-running Lex Luthor type antagonist that’s the one pulling the strings from behind the shadows. I really don’t want Dafoe, or Molina to become the official MCU versions of the Goblin and Ock.

Last edited:
As much as I love that Dafoe’s Goblin is coming back, I hope his inclusion here doesn’t preclude Marvel from doing its own version of Norman in the future. I’d like to see a new take on the character who’s more of a long-running Lex Luthor type antagonist that’s the pulling the strings from behind the shadows. I really don’t want Dafoe, or Molina to become the official MCU versions of the Goblin and Ock.

I don't think you'll need to worry about that. Both Dafoe and Molina are in their late 60's. They are no spring chickens. I don't think they'll be around for the long haul. This is probably a one and done deal.

I don't think we'll be getting an MCU GG and Doc Ock.

I don't think we'll be getting an MCU GG and Doc Ock.
While I don’t foresee them doing a MCU Doc Ock, I do think it’s possible we’ll get a MCU proper Norman Osborn at some point. I think there’s ways to do him differently than what’s been done before. They can always present him as this charismatic businessman with political aspirations to become mayor of New York, or even President, and Peter isn’t sure if he’s good or evil in his universe. While Norman provides the public a facade of a generous businessman with his donations or philanthropy he’s still deep down a evil monster. He doesn’t even have to ever suit up as Green Goblin. He’s basically Lex Luthor if he existed in the MCU - A evil cunning businessman sociopath who wants power. And I really want to see the MCU do a version of Dark Reign, and I want him as an overarching antagonist for the rest of the MCU, not just Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Honestly if they eventually choose to bring in MCU Norman, that's what I would like to see. Got a feeling NWH will explore everything that makes Green Goblin a great villain and threat to Peter's life no matter which universe.

It's more a matter of time. If the mcu goes on another ten years or more and Spider-man is still a part of it then you will see new iterations of Green Goblin and Doc Ock, just like you will see new versions of Iron-man and Captain America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"