No Way Home "Down Came The Goblin, and Took The Spider Out" - Willem Dafoe Needs His Thread Too

Well why does Iron Man have new armours all the time? It could be an upgrade.
Goblin had only one armor before he died. Edit: I just remembered that we could see a different kind of Green Goblin mask in SM3. It looked like the normal mask but had New Goblin mask texture.

Goblin had only one armor before he died. Edit: I just remembered that we could see a different kind of Green Goblin mask in SM3. It looked like the normal mask but had New Goblin mask texture.

But if he didn't die in this new reality or events unfolded differently then he could have more than one armour or go on to make more.

e0PriWo.jpeg

If Willem Dafoe didn't play him and Sam Raimi didn't direct him, the Green Goblin wouldn't be nearly as effectively menacing as he is in SM1. 'Cause that costume just on its own isn't scary. Raimi's direction and Dafoe's physicality and voice are what made it work.

There's a bit of purple on there as well. Really digging it. Just hope he gets a mask sometime later in the movie or before the climax.

I think they've done a great job updating the suit especially if it includes a purple scarf and hood as has been claimed elsewhere.

But I'm with those hoping that GG still wears a mask at some point.

If Willem Dafoe didn't play him and Sam Raimi didn't direct him, the Green Goblin wouldn't be nearly as effectively menacing as he is in SM1. 'Cause that costume just on its own isn't scary. Raimi's direction and Dafoe's physicality and voice are what made it work.

Psh. Yeah, there's nothing already inherently terrifying about a certifiable super-strength-wielding madman jetting about on a proprietary high-tech glider incinerating people while laughing maniacally.

The bright-green shiney suit almost makes him more scary in contrast, adds to the crazy. And you get plenty of emoting out of the guy anyway, not sure what the issue is. Plenty of directors and actors can pull that type of stuff off, too, not diminishing Sam or Willen at all either, who're obviously amazing.

Having a badass biomechanical suit like what Dafoe wore in the original, capped off with just a pair of goggles, would look half-assed in the worst possible way imo. He needs to have a mask. Maybe not the mask he had in the first film (though I would prefer it for nostalgia reasons...and also because I simply like it), but a mask of SOME variety at least.

Agreed. It's already a nostalgia-fest (*Jerry Seinfeld voice* not that there's anything wrong with that), if you're going to do it you lean into it and go all the way.

I'm smelling "goggles in some scenes, mask in others" here personally. They'd be moronic not to slap the ol' demonic Japanese-cartoon-slash-samurai looney-helmet on him, it's as iconic as Ock's arms. Those who don't remember won't care, but they won't care about the characters being there in the first place. Let's be honest, this stuff's there for fans of the OG stuff, can't see why they'd skimp on the basics. Especially given how close Ock is, bar some supposed arm tinkering. The overall big picture's what it was in '04.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"