DTL Season 7-Week 2

You know, that whole "no editing" rule is hard to enforce when you claim a space with the purpose of editing it later. And what's the point of claiming spaces anyway? Just post it when you're ready.
sss

You know, that whole "no editing" rule is hard to enforce when you claim a space with the purpose of editing it later. And what's the point of claiming spaces anyway? Just post it when you're ready.
i guess it also ruins the "no stupid post in the middle of battle time" rule as well..:doh:

and wea, why claim a spot to just post your pre-battle in a different spot?:hehe:

The Immortals: 5
Chaos & Order: 7

Jailbait : 7
Annoying Silence : 2

Unfortunately, yes. We'll have to make the rematch awesome.

Even without a win, points are still valuable since they'll determine rankings in case of W/L/T ties.

True, but isn't AS essentially too late now?

Jailbait - 6
AnnoyingSilence - 2 (only because it wasn't finished in time... I'm a stickler for deadlines, but what I saw was decent enough to get a number on the board at least)

Chaos & Order - 7
Immortals - 5

Batman again proving to have the most powerful knock out move

Harlekin said:
TEAM TACTICS

Will they work well together? Not at all. Thor’s not taking any orders from Kang and vice versa. Is that going to matter in the battle? No, since their opponents aren’t exactly team players either.
Harlekin said:
THE BATTLE

As has been noted, both teams are relatively disorganised, but my team will have the edge. The characters are more familiar with each other and none of them are certifiably insane. That will give them the edge when it comes to planning.

Harlekin said:
It’s a colossal mismatch. Cable is a leader and a loner rolled into one. Captain Marvel’s insane. Sentinel won’t want to work with mutants and is out of his depth. Northstar is best described as chaotic evil. Dream Girl must feel terribly alone in that team (especially after the harrowing experience of being melted into one form with Northstar last week).
a big part of your write is hinged on my "non-teamenship"... yea, i mean besides Cable ALWAYS leading groups(past present and future), Sentinel coming straight out the army(and being a mutant himself), Dream Girl from the LEGION OF SUPERHEROS and Northstar being with alpha flight, x-men and hydra(hes not INSANE! hes MAD! hes in a controlled stat of rage).
and once any character knows the rules(this is a deathmatch), they will comply to each other
and The O.N.E. Sentinels were made to COMBAT and PROTECT mutants
and after being melded with one-another, DG and NS should completely trust each other since they now know EVERYTHING about one-another

Harlekin said:
Now, how do I see the battle going? Silver Surfer is going to go straight for Cable, knowing he has bested the mutant telepath before. Cable might think he has a better chance in a rematch but he doesn’t know what the Surfer has been through: a power upgrade and an attitude adjustment. The Surfer that is silver will waste no time with Cable and pour it on.
yea, cause when Surfer came to earth(in that very same "pour it on attitude"), Cable didn't even fight back while he held the island up and repaired everything they destroyed.

Harlekin said:
Fortunately, that’s when the Silver Surfer is done dismantling Cable. See this link to see how that might end up. Most of the area where the ubers will be fighting will be destroyed by the end of the battle, by the by. The power output of these guys is enormous.
yea, because all battles are the same...

Harlekin said:
Dream Girl, Batman 1,000,000
i'd agree with you here. but how did you pry her away from the rest of the group?
because your whole arguement on how my team works together is COMPLETELY ******ed if your just gonna magically seperate groups into 1v1 battles

Harlekin said:
Northstar versus Gentleman Ghost. Northstar’s fast but the Ghost’s dead. He can’t be touched. But the Ghost can touch Northstar. He’s invisible and incorporeal and just needs to wait for the right time to hit our mutant hero in the back. Because that’s how villains do.
which brings me to and interesting point. characters that can just "stay phased" should be bumped up to medium automatically.

and might i add. another write-up where everyone magically seperated w/o any explanation besides "Silver Surfer is going after"

chaos and order - 1
wea, i see a prebattle, but no battle.
the immortals - 1
AM, the sodam yat your goin for must have had is ring on for a day or two before battling Superboy(at which point yat may have 10% superman power(this battle would also represent his first incounter with a yellow sun)
the oddalliance - (need to read)
hotna - 3

First: Dream Girl and Northstar were moulded into one being by magic, which can't be good for either of them. That is a horrific experience. They're not going to get along better. In fact, it's going to make Dream Girl want to stay the hell away.

Two: Having been on teams doesn't mean you can work with just anybody. Dream Girl has been on the Legion, so what? This is not the Legion. Same counts for Cable. Yes, he's led X-Force, but this is a ragtag team thrown together, that likely wouldn't care for each other.

Three: You're right on Sentinel. My bad.

Four: Silver Surfer is that much more powerful than when he was before and Cable did fight him. He didn't just stand around. He defended himself and he got his ass kicked in the end. The Surfer's got more power than before and even more attitude.

Five: Splitting up makes sense. The ubers will fight each other, the mediums will gravitate to one another and the regulars will go head to head. Team battles always consist of individual fights. That's how things go. Gentleman Ghost takes on Northstar, Bats takes on Dream Girl.

Six: You can bring up the Ghost's ranking in the Rankings thread. I for one, disagree.

Seven: You shouldn't even be debating. The deadline has passed.

your such a joke.

and i thought this week was extended..............

chaos and order - 1
the immortals - 1
AM, the sodam yat your goin for must have had is ring on for a day or two before battling Superboy(at which point yat may have 10% superman power(this battle would also represent his first incounter with a yellow sun)
hotna - 3

I know we're not meant to question peoples votes but 1 and 3? People have given you a 2 and that was based on a no show write up...how can you really justify giving someone who has done a write up a 1?

Heroes of the New Age 4
The Odd Alliance 7 (I liked the ideas each had, but JH just new the characters better)

Jailbait 6
AnnoyingSilence 3
(There were a couple of flaws with AS's, but I liked where it was going. It's too bad time ran out.)

I know we're not meant to question peoples votes but 1 and 3? People have given you a 2 and that was based on a no show write up...how can you really justify giving someone who has done a write up a 1?
everyones battles are based of 1v1. no discriptions on how anything was done. the only discriptions we need are "stay phased" and "this guy vs that guy". no seperation, no imagination.

justified

Last edited:
So we're only waiting for one vote now?

chaos and order - 1
the immortals - 1
hotna - 3

Soooo.... can I get a vote :)

Also, you have C&O and Immortals at a 1/1 tie. In a match, there needs to be a victor, no ties.

2 for wea

and once i was told this week was over, i gave up on reading

So you're not going to put in a vote for Odd Alliance at all? That's pretty much forfeiting your entire voting for week 2, as you have to vote for all or none.

everyones battles are based of 1v1. no discriptions on how anything was done. the only discriptions we need are "stay phased" and "this guy vs that guy". no seperation, no imagination.

justified

Well thats not true...mine was very descriptive...and it had imagination...its the only reason im in this thing to write rather than debate....

chaos and order - 2
the immortals - 1

the oddalliance - 7
hotna - 3

would be it

Final Results (not waiting any longer for Ahura's vote)

The Immortals 26
Annoying Silence 10

Chaos & Order 23
The Immortals 16

Heroes of the New Age 9
The Odd Alliance 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"