DTL Season 7-Week 5

sounds like a medium to me
and devouring THOUSANDS of mutants... sounds uber
my mistake

She didn't devour thousands of mutants, she brought them to Selene who devoured them.

And Blink is close to medium bar but I think what keeps her reg is the fact that besides basic teleportaion portals she actually has to touch the person to blink them. Puts her in a vulnerable position. Not to mention other teleporters (magic users, basic teleporters, etc.) can typically counter a basic teleporter.

Last edited:
REBUTTAL THE FIRST

Turtles speed stealing is a bit more accurate than just a small field. To keep his distance he would have to be a large distance...Turtle has frozen an entire city before when tackling the Flash and even Flash got stuck within it.
So the Turtle would have to be seperated from the team? Otherwise he would just paralyse his own teammates? That seems odd.

Mordru wouldnt be able to move anything inside Turtles field. And i'm not sure whether magic would be able to move through it...but I cant confirm that.
Wait, does Turtle steal speed or freeze time? Mordru should be able to scoop out a big part of the ground and just pick him up that way.

The General can do something here...Ubers can attack Ubers and Mediums without any restrictions...its only regs that have to attack them first.
Ah, right, thanks. I keep thinking Psylocke is a regular. Not exactly in your favour though.

I dont think that the magic would affect her in this way due to her immunities.
She's immune to being tampered with, like making her into a mouse or messing with her mind. A straight up bolt of magical energy? It'll burn her to a cinder.

No Turtles team mates wont get caught in it....he has skill and control with it. He can manipulate either large scale or small...he can look at someone and steal their energy. So if he wanted a large scale field of speeed stealing but didnt want to affect his team mates he could control that with his mind.

And Mordru would have to pick a very big section of ground out to take out Turtle but that section would still be under Turtles control so anything in it would have its speed stolen.

And as for Psylocke...I wasnt aware she wasnt fully immune to magical attacks...new fact for me there.

She didn't devour thousands of mutants, she brought them to Selene who devoured them.
doi!
but she certainly transports anyone she wants(unlike any other teleporter) and her spears teleportation take up a small AREA, at which it only teleports who/what she wants and where(and over GREAT DISTANCES)

MEDIUM
And Blink is close to medium bar but I think what keeps her reg is the fact that besides basic teleportaion portals she actually has to touch the person to blink them. Puts her in a vulnerable position. Not to mention other teleporters (magic users, basic teleporters, etc.) can typically counter a basic teleporter.
the funny thing is, is that you act like as soon as she throws EVERY spear, that its going to hit. and whats blinks actual history before she became a "mass murderer"

Rebuttle

I'm not sure about giving ubers their powers back, or even just mimicking them using something like the Danger Room. I don't know if it would work, much less be legal.

X-Man and Stryfe working together? Not going to happen. Stryfe was reaised by Apocalypse. Nate grew up in the Age of Apocalypse, trained his whole life to hate and kill Apocalypse. Suffice it to say, these two aren't going to get along.

Exodus has fought on the Astral Plane before. I don't think he's going to go down nearly that easily. Especially since Nate is not going to be with Stryfe at all. Besides, their physical bodies are still on Odym. If they leave them defenseless, then Shanzar is going to kill them in no time. And then he'll be free to wipe out the rest of the team.

Mimic is not as fast as jay. Jay can run at light speed, Mimic can only fly at helf of that. So Jay is going to be running circles around him. Mimic's not even going to be able to see him at all. Yes, Mimic has his other powers, but Jay has fought similar powers many times before. Plus, he knows a number of speed force tricks like phasing. This is not going to be easy for Mimic. But, Mimic's other powers are not going to make it easy for Jay either. This is going to be a long, drawn out fight that will probably not end unless one of the gets help.

I found a few pages which described the powers of the Witching Cloak with a single google search, including the one you provided. But, if you're going to give this one to Blue, that's fine with me. Because now Blue is free to help Deadline. And while Forge might be able to shut Deadline down, I doubt he's got what it takes to stop Blue's magic.

So, now, at best, it's Mimic and Forge against Blue and Shanzar. And possibly Exodus if Shanzar killing Stryfe and Nate gives him the chance to escape the Astral Plane. But Shanzar and Blue alone can take these two out. Niether will be able to stand up to the power of magic that Shanzar can wield.

Okay, so I'm new to this, and at a severe disadvantage this week, as I am only familiar with 2/5 of my team. I know a bit about Valdus and quite a bit about Sodam. Other than that my knowledge of my team comes from the internet. For that I apologize and promise that after this match up the team's gonna be gutted and replaced with characters I feel more comfortable writing.

On to the prep-time.

Of course Wolverine knows Onslaught. Selene knows Blink, but not this one. Still knows enough of Blink's power set and abilities to contribute to the strategy session. Sodam would be familiar with the battlefield, as all Lanterns would know the home of the Blue Lantern corps. Chunk, being a friend to Wally West would most likely know some of Wally's stories about Dr. Light, from when Wally was a Titan. That leaves Anti-Vision and Prometheus as the wild cards for the fight.

Prometheus and Dr. Light would both recognize Sodam Yat as a Green Lantern, as they both have had several dealings with the Green Lanterns of Earth. However, it is doubtful that they would know they are dealing with a Daxamite, as Daxamites by general rule are xenophobic and rarely venture outside the confines of their home planet. Onslaught would recognize Wolverine and plan accordingly, based on the Magneto parts of his mind to deal with the mutant. He would also know Selene. To the opposing team, Chunk and Validus would be conundrums.

The Battle:

Prometheus and Anti-Vision v. Sodam Yat

Prometheus strategically attacks what he deems to be the most powerful opponent in the Green Lantern on the team. He utilizes the neural chaff that interferes with a person's thought processes and concentration and smirks as he watches the Lantern struggle to keep a construct up, instructing Anti-Vision to attack what he deems to be a defenseless humanoid with a blast from the crystal on his head. Unfortunately for him, the blast of solar energy did anything but harm the Daxamite, providing him pure fuel to convert to his natural power base. Upset by the fact that his ring does not appear to work against these two assailants, Sodam lets loose a burst of heat vision, searing the synthezoid into two symmetrical, vertical halves. At this point Prometheus realizes his strategies have failed, and his data on this subject was incomplete. Sodam uses his superspeed to grab Prometheus, ripping the circuitry from his helmet before knocking him in the head hard enough to leave the anti-Batman unconscious. With his concentration returned, Sodam makes short work of ensuring that Prometheus will not be seen again this battle, trapping him in a small green facsimile of an Oan Science cell.

Validus and Selene v. Onslaught

Going from what intel Wolverine could give them, Selene decides that she and Validus would be the best suited to take on Onslaught. Selene uses her telepathic powers to mask herself physically from the rest of the enemy team, and temporarily just to set him off his guard, Onslaught, as she makes her appearance that of Wolverine as both her and Validus charge her. The tactic to draw the defensive works, if only for that brief moment before Onslaught realizes truly who is rushing him. Thinking that Selene is the bigger threat of the two, and that he'll be able to dispose of the onrushing brute as soon as he takes care of Selene proves to be his downfall. As he enters a psychic battle with Selene, and is easily beginning to overwhelm her, Validus fires a mental bolt of his own, at the engrossed and dueling Onslaught. The sudden secondary psychic attack knocks him out of concentration with Selene, allowing her the moment she needs before she sucks in Xavier's life force leaving him little more than a lifeless shell of existence.

Dr. Light and Blink v. Wolverine and Chunk

Wolverine almost immediately takes to the woods to get a better vantage point to attack his foes. Chunk makes himself a target, attempting to draw out Dr. Light in a battle of light versus the void. Light emits a blinding flash of light that disorients Chunk long enough for him to be caught off guard enough for Blink to teleport into existence with her arm in the middle of Chunk's chest and she teleports again this time with his still beating, bloody heart in her hand. At this point, Light and Blink turn their attention towards the other opponents. Immediately after sapping Xavier dry, Selene once again makes herself appear to look like Wolverine to those without enough mental prowess to know otherwise. Meanwhile, Wolverine has been watching Blink's movements, strategising after seeing what she did to Chunk. He notices Selene's masked form as she looks to be backing off.

Any one who knows me knows that ain't how I play. She ain't gonna fool the teleporter for long. Wolverine thinks to himself. Sure enough soon Blink 'ports herself into Validus's brain cage and manually scrambles the pink matter she grabs. Seeing her having taken out two of his teammates, the real Wolverine acts. Dr. Light is too busy concentrating on his teammate's successes in taking down what seemed to be one of his opponent's biggest threats. He doesn't even know Wolverine is behind him until he feels the six adamantium claws pop out of his chest like an Alien.

At this point, Sodam has finished his battle and sees that Selene is in danger as it appears that Blink is now targeting her. "Sorry friend, but a noble sacrifice to achieve one's goals is some times a very unfortunate and sad occasion. He watches as Blink teleports behind Selene, her arm materializing through the Black Queen's neck. However, she too did not know about the power sets of Daxamites as he unleashes a blast of heat vision hot enough effectively kill enough of her brain cells to leave her nothing more than a cucumber the rest of her existence.

Winners - The Immortals

Odd Alliance vs the Immortals Rebuttal

I'd like to start by commending you on a good write up. I'll point out my problems and opinions, but all in all, stelular job.

Chunk, being a friend to Wally West would most likely know some of Wally's stories about Dr. Light, from when Wally was a Titan. That leaves Anti-Vision and Prometheus as the wild cards for the fight.

I'd say it's a stretch that Chunk would know any specific foe of Wally's past. Who knows what they've discussed, so we can't assume that Wally's randomly brought up one of them an that Chunk would remember much about him. I think it's safer to assume Dr. Light is also among the unknown.

Prometheus and Dr. Light would both recognize Sodam Yat as a Green Lantern, as they both have had several dealings with the Green Lanterns of Earth. However, it is doubtful that they would know they are dealing with a Daxamite, as Daxamites by general rule are xenophobic and rarely venture outside the confines of their home planet.

I'd assume having the eyes of a Daxamite would be enough to tip them off.

Prometheus strategically attacks what he deems to be the most powerful opponent in the Green Lantern on the team. He utilizes the neural chaff that interferes with a person's thought processes and concentration and smirks as he watches the Lantern struggle to keep a construct up, instructing Anti-Vision to attack what he deems to be a defenseless humanoid with a blast from the crystal on his head. Unfortunately for him, the blast of solar energy did anything but harm the Daxamite, providing him pure fuel to convert to his natural power base. Upset by the fact that his ring does not appear to work against these two assailants, Sodam lets loose a burst of heat vision, searing the synthezoid into two symmetrical, vertical halves. At this point Prometheus realizes his strategies have failed, and his data on this subject was incomplete. Sodam uses his superspeed to grab Prometheus, ripping the circuitry from his helmet before knocking him in the head hard enough to leave the anti-Batman unconscious. With his concentration returned, Sodam makes short work of ensuring that Prometheus will not be seen again this battle, trapping him in a small green facsimile of an Oan Science cell.

The main problem I have with this is that Anti-Vision attacks with a solar blast. This is coincidence because of Anti-Vision's powers, it's the only one that could help Yat. Anti-Vision's first and main line of attack is always the phasing his hand through the head type of thing. He's done this in most of his appearances well before any solar blast, so most likely this is what he will do to stop Yat... and it would defeat him. Especially if they do recognize him as a Daxamite due to his eyes.

Also, you have Sodom Yat kill Anti-Vision (not knowing he's a machine). Green Lanterns don't kill unless they're killing Sinestro Corps members.

Going from what intel Wolverine could give them, Selene decides that she and Validus would be the best suited to take on Onslaught. Selene uses her telepathic powers to mask herself physically from the rest of the enemy team, and temporarily just to set him off his guard, Onslaught, as she makes her appearance that of Wolverine as both her and Validus charge her. The tactic to draw the defensive works, if only for that brief moment before Onslaught realizes truly who is rushing him. Thinking that Selene is the bigger threat of the two, and that he'll be able to dispose of the onrushing brute as soon as he takes care of Selene proves to be his downfall. As he enters a psychic battle with Selene, and is easily beginning to overwhelm her, Validus fires a mental bolt of his own, at the engrossed and dueling Onslaught. The sudden secondary psychic attack knocks him out of concentration with Selene, allowing her the moment she needs before she sucks in Xavier's life force leaving him little more than a lifeless shell of existence.

The biggest problem with this is assuming that Selene's mental illusion could fool Xavier for even a second. His power is far superior to hers, especially with her choosing to pose as someone he knows best... Wolverine. There would be absolutely no fooling Onslaught in this scenerio. And to be honest, no matter whether it's Selene or Wolverine, he can still drain them both just the same to the same conclusion.

I detailed a battle between these three in my own write up to where Onslaught did have problems against Validus while getting Selene's help in secret. Knowing that Selene was there and nearer could potentially be the thing that turns my version of that match into a win for Onslaught. Validus beating on him would only go so far before Onslaught just drains Selene's mental energies, taking her out of the match (it's much easier for him to drain than her, so he'd do it first for certain). And when he can focus on Validus without Selene's aid, he should be able to either A) defeat him, or B) hold him until help arrives.

Wolverine almost immediately takes to the woods to get a better vantage point to attack his foes. Chunk makes himself a target, attempting to draw out Dr. Light in a battle of light versus the void. Light emits a blinding flash of light that disorients Chunk long enough for him to be caught off guard enough for Blink to teleport into existence with her arm in the middle of Chunk's chest and she teleports again this time with his still beating, bloody heart in her hand. At this point, Light and Blink turn their attention towards the other opponents. Immediately after sapping Xavier dry, Selene once again makes herself appear to look like Wolverine to those without enough mental prowess to know otherwise. Meanwhile, Wolverine has been watching Blink's movements, strategising after seeing what she did to Chunk. He notices Selene's masked form as she looks to be backing off.

Any one who knows me knows that ain't how I play. She ain't gonna fool the teleporter for long. Wolverine thinks to himself. Sure enough soon Blink 'ports herself into Validus's brain cage and manually scrambles the pink matter she grabs. Seeing her having taken out two of his teammates, the real Wolverine acts. Dr. Light is too busy concentrating on his teammate's successes in taking down what seemed to be one of his opponent's biggest threats. He doesn't even know Wolverine is behind him until he feels the six adamantium claws pop out of his chest like an Alien.

Aside that I don't see Selene or Validus making it to this point of the battle as detailed above, I actually have nothing against this portion of the match. These types of battles could go any which way, so no problems here.

At this point, Sodam has finished his battle and sees that Selene is in danger as it appears that Blink is now targeting her. "Sorry friend, but a noble sacrifice to achieve one's goals is some times a very unfortunate and sad occasion. He watches as Blink teleports behind Selene, her arm materializing through the Black Queen's neck. However, she too did not know about the power sets of Daxamites as he unleashes a blast of heat vision hot enough effectively kill enough of her brain cells to leave her nothing more than a cucumber the rest of her existence.

Again, I think you're taking Sodam Yat too far in effectively killing Blink. He's a Green Lantern and a hero. They do not kill.

Overall it was a good write up. I think the three biggest problems were:

A) Yat's eagerness to kill twice

B) Selene's illusion wouldn't do squat against Onslaught, changing the whole dynamic of that match and this whole battle.

C) Anti-Vision's using the one power against Yat that would help him, and not the main assault he uses, which would defeat Yat.

However, a lot of the match was similar to my own layout so it really could fall either way depending on minor things, so it should be interesting to see what the voters think.

Last edited:
Odd Alliance vs the Immortals Rebuttal

I'd like to start by commending you on a good write up. I'll point out my problems and opinions, but all in all, stelular job.

I'd say it's a stretch that Chunk would know any specific foe of Wally's past. Who knows what they've discussed, so we can't assume that Wally's randomly brought up one of them an that Chunk would remember much about him. I think it's safer to assume Dr. Light is also among the unknown.

I'd assume having the eyes of a Daxamite would be enough to tip them off.

The main problem I have with this is that Anti-Vision attacks with a solar blast. This is coincidence because of Anti-Vision's powers, it's the only one that could help Yat. Anti-Vision's first and main line of attack is always the phasing his hand through the head type of thing. He's done this in most of his appearances well before any solar blast, so most likely this is what he will do to stop Yat... and it would defeat him. Especially if they do recognize him as a Daxamite due to his eyes.

Also, you have Sodom Yat kill Anti-Vision (not knowing he's a machine). Green Lanterns don't kill unless they're killing Sinestro Corps members.

The biggest problem with this is assuming that Selene's mental illusion could fool Xavier for even a second. His power is far superior to hers, especially with her choosing to pose as someone he knows best... Wolverine. There would be absolutely no fooling Onslaught in this scenerio. And to be honest, no matter whether it's Selene or Wolverine, he can still drain them both just the same to the same conclusion.

I detailed a battle between these three in my own write up to where Onslaught did have problems against Validus while getting Selene's help in secret. Knowing that Selene was there and nearer could potentially be the thing that turns my version of that match into a win for Onslaught. Validus beating on him would only go so far before Onslaught just drains Selene's mental energies, taking her out of the match (it's much easier for him to drain than her, so he'd do it first for certain). And when he can focus on Validus without Selene's aid, he should be able to either A) defeat him, or B) hold him until help arrives.

Aside that I don't see Selene or Validus making it to this point of the battle as detailed above, I actually have nothing against this portion of the match. These types of battles could go any which way, so no problems here.

Again, I think you're taking Sodam Yat too far in effectively killing Blink. He's a Green Lantern and a hero. They do not kill.

Overall it was a good write up. I think the three biggest problems were:

A) Yat's eagerness to kill twice

B) Selene's illusion wouldn't do squat against Onslaught, changing the whole dynamic of that match and this whole battle.

C) Anti-Vision's using the one power against Yat that would help him, and not the main assault he uses, which would defeat Yat.

However, a lot of the match was similar to my own layout so it really could fall either way depending on minor things, so it should be interesting to see what the voters think.
One of the things I was going to rebuttal was in fact your team's ability to identify Sodam as a Daxamite. Sodam has unusual eyes, not common among Daxamites. Thats because he was the one spoken of in the prophecy (Reference: Artist's Clarification). Most Daxamite's look exactly like a human. Case in point, Mon-El taking the guise of John Kent in the Superman comics. So Sodam's race would have been unknown. Even so, Prometheus has never dealt with a Daxamite, as the ONLY one to come to Earth other than Sodam is Mon-El and Prometheus never had dealings with either.

Again, I'm going to say that my lack of knowledge in my team hindered me on the rest of your arguments, as I don't really know much about Selene, Chunk, or Death Wolverine.

And as for Anti-Vision using his solar beam, I did what I would have used weaponry wise for the real Vision in this case. I've never read anything with the Anti-Vision in it, so I went with what I knew.

HOTNA - 4
Psylocke has never been able to blast ANYTHING into the atmosphere.
and i seriously don't know why shes a medium. she is a fist fighter has uses her mental abilities as an advantage.
JailBaits - 6
The idea was good, but psylocke is a medium... and anyone following that rule is a fool. a lot of the time you really do have to employ the power of an uber to disable something on medium or a regular(a lot of supersmart low ranked characters)

OddAlliance - 5
again. you were singular in your story... wolverine making a bunch of unanimatable kills(besides ~ blink) and visions a one hit wonder. makes ya ask why you started anyone but vision.
The Immortals - 7
Blinks would have killed chunk, but would have lost her arm. killed validas, and her(so, being the lunatic she is... these deaths still count) i mean. she could have just teleported their heads off
i like how you used the information against him...

Last edited:
yes. it is... expect me to read all at once? cause i can't do that at work

Expect me to know you're at work and not forgetting to put the other votes in?

:)

listen. JH will tell ya. in person i'm just plain out crazy. i'll say and do just about anything. my kids are shadows of me and my wife(who is a wonderful christian women) equally.(looks and personality)

Wea. i have made it a practice to read a story and immediately rate it, post it, read another, edit, read another, etc...

the only thing i haven't done is post my reason for the score... and yes, i'm a tough voter, but i vote everybody equally, so the low score really doesn't effect your actually score as you might think.

so, i'll put reasons up this week to try to make an understanding.

i just want to can all this uncoolness witht he DTL.

Last edited:
Im sorry but pretty much any Telekinetic is going to be able to levitate someone and then push with Telekinesis. Once you get someone high enough in to the atmosphere and then give a slight nudge their tragectory will be out of gravities reach and thus they will sail away...if I mentioned blast in place of that its still the same effect.

AnnoyingSilence - 4
Chaos & Order - 6

Odd Alliance - 6
The Immortals - 4

OddAlliance - 5
again. you were singular in your story... wolverine making a bunch of unanimatable kills(besides ~ blink) and visions a one hit wonder. makes ya ask why you started anyone but vision.

So, someone that has an instant defeat attack (and all of us have people like that) is somehow to be faulted? And what's wrong with Wolverine making a good show for himself? I mean, if it works within the character and story I don't see how that can be a fault? I mean, if it's an uber mass killing a buch of regs and mediums I can see it, but it was a Regular doing the defeating, entirely believable and in character. I don't understand your line of thinking on this, but whatever.

Last edited:
Jailbait - 7
Heroes of the New Age - 6

While I think Harlekin had the better write up, I think my favorite thing overall was Nightwing's method of using Top to defeat Turtle. That was pretty awesome.

Chaos & Order - 7
AnnoyingSilence - 4

My main deal here is AS's lineup. X-Man and Stryfe have met and hate one another and I refuse to believe that these two would fight anyone other than each other during the battle. These two will not stop until one of the two of them are dead. And with AS's ubers battling each other, that leaves his three weaker characters to deal with the entirety of Chaos & Order. I don't think it's possible for AS's team to function with these two on at the same time.

The Odd Alliance 6
The Immortals 5

(Good writeups on both sides. I thought JH's matchups were a bit more believable. A good deal of subterfuge that was within character.)

Heroes of the New Age 5
Jailbait 6

(Harl takes this one by a hair. Good arguments on both sides.)

And, for our new player, I'll explain how my scale works. 5 is an average writeup. Solid, with nothing bad or anything exceptional. Just good, sold work.

3 would be a poor writeup. Lacking and/or filled with issues.
7 would be a great writeup with some cool things and convincing arguments.
9 would be a fantastic writeup, 10 would be mindblowing.

But that's just how I rate, everyone has their own methods.

Jailbait - 7

Both had good write ups, but I think Harl's takes the edge in this one.

Chaos & Order - 6
AnnoyingSilence - 4

Agree fully with the Stryfe and X-Man arguments, I'm by no means an X-fan (in fact I generally dislike them) but even I know that Stryfe HATES the Summers/Grey family and would have nothing to do with X-Man as such.

Jailbait - 7

While I think Harlekin had the better write up, I think my favorite thing overall was Nightwing's method of using Top to defeat Turtle. That was pretty awesome.

Chaos & Order - 7
AnnoyingSilence - 4

My main deal here is AS's lineup. X-Man and Stryfe have met and hate one another and I refuse to believe that these two would fight anyone other than each other during the battle. These two will not stop until one of the two of them are dead. And with AS's ubers battling each other, that leaves his three weaker characters to deal with the entirety of Chaos & Order. I don't think it's possible for AS's team to function with these two on at the same time.

You mean Turtle to beat Top? He he but thanks...i knew that those who enjoy people being in excrutiating pain and stuff would appreciate...

And i have to say im surprised i've got as close as I have to Harl concidering I didnt select this line up this week...thanks guys....

The only thing I didn't like about that?

He didn't twist himself in half. :p

You mean Turtle to beat Top? He he but thanks...i knew that those who enjoy people being in excrutiating pain and stuff would appreciate...

And i have to say im surprised i've got as close as I have to Harl concidering I didnt select this line up this week...thanks guys....
Honestly, Nightwing, I think this line-up was better than the one you proposed. Zatanna doesn't stack up as a mage. Good match this, definitely.

I'll vote in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"