Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

So ... who's still alive down in these parts?

Also me, for the most part. ^_^

After going all Memory Lane on the Random Chat Logs thread, I realized that I actually like talking to you bastards. Who knew? So I've set up a new Skype account: EBJr05. Go wild with it.

You done messed up now. You're getting added to the reception list to Byrd's Diatribe of the Day. It's a video.

tumblr_l72ei8mdwV1qbk2ns.jpg

I have a new non-work computer. Super posting ability unlocked.

With all the new movie subforums, I now have to scroll to the right to find Hype RPG Games on Forum Jump. #firstHypeproblems

Stupid Marvel and DC and their stupid awesome movie plans.

Don't they know we've been writing awesome ideas for a decade down here! :cmad:

Yes. And they stole many of them for their books.

Something I thought about after Marvel's event the other week and all the questions about a solo Hulk movie. Marvel Studios head Kevin Fiege more or less said the same thing we've always said about the curse of the Hulk: He works better as a side character.

I thought that was fun.

Hulk and Punisher. Two characters that get picked up often, but most fizzle out - myself included.

I tried with the Hulk a time or two before giving up, but the Punisher was a character I made a stick a few times. One time I had a real solid concept I had tons of material for... and the RPG died around it.

Perhaps it was an inverse Punisher curse: instead of you giving up on it, the RPG gave up on you.

No, it was much worse than that. The whole ****ing site imploded because of that curse.

That's the Punisher for you: no kill like overkill.

No, it was much worse than that. The whole ****ing site imploded because of that curse.

Haha, you cannot be blaming the curse for Guildfall. But I suppose Guildfall was quite… punishing for everyone.

If Skype chats are anything like our old MSN IM chats, I imagine it's like chatroulette but with superhero posters in the background.

So I'm reading a research article about how people understand narratives set in fantastic worlds, and I come across this:

"More broadly, we suggest that the causal structure of narrative worlds will affect how readily readers generalize properties across characters. Consider Spiderman's ability to crawl up..."
What's that I see?

"Consider Spiderman's ability..."
tumblr_inline_ncx9ucG7o41rrfmn7.gif

"Spiderman's..."
HjCSzCo.gif

"Spiderman"
xchXUJm.gif

Well, boys, it just became official. I'll be returning to Comic-Con for my second straight year next summer! :woot:

Really craving a noir-style game.

Though that western Byrd designed or the Star Wars Andy designed would be sufficient too or even something where I can write Karai in again. TMNT itch is scratching bad.

Just sayin...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"