Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

By the way, since this is a... well... RPG forum and all, I should probably make it known that I'm still a participant in the games. It's just that between the podcasts (I do four of them, and I edit at least one-to-two on a weekly basis), the call of real life, the search for a job, and all of my other geek habits, I haven't had as much time lately to get as involved as I want to.

Suffice to say, I need to get on my feet with Daredevil in the Marvel game, Superman and The Flash are collecting dust in One Earth, I owe Carnage a Wolverine post, and I've only just managed to slip by with UDC, periodically trying to get this story arc out of the way so that I can move onto the next phase. It's not an excuse, because I know I can do better. And I will. But I wanted to at least fill people in on why I've been even more me-like than usual.

My two cents on the new Spider-Man movie...it is aptly titled...it was Amazing!

Agreed. The movie was great. Think i'll see it again.

Just came back from the second viewing. It's so much better a second time cause you can relax.

TASM was amazing. Tis the Spider-Man movie I've always wanted. A few flaws here and there, but the character development is off the charts, and sets up a much more interesting world than the Raimi films. Garfield was born to play the role, and Emma Stone is awesome as Gwen.

Only real complaint I have is Sally Field wasn't given enough to do as Aunt may, but that's a minor nitpick.

Andrew Garfield and Emma stone did such a good job portraying a budding romance on screen. Like, ASM was more than just a comic book film (even though I consider it a TRUE comic film).

Still a bit skeptical but what the heck, you guys have convinced me. I'll check it out Sunday afternoon when the ticket prices of a nearby theater are only 5 bucks.

It's a superhero film. If you don't at least check it out, you don't need to be on these goddamn forums. :cmad:

Does that mean all of you guys checked out the Green Lantern movie?

Because if so, I'm so sorry.

Does that mean all of you guys checked out the Green Lantern movie?

Because if so, I'm so sorry.

*****, I saw GL and The Spirit in the theater. Also saw The Avengers and TDK in the theater. You take the good with the bad! :cmad:

Green Lantern wasn't as bad as everyone says. It was okay, and far from the potential of the Mythos, but it was watchable.

Green Lantern wasn't as bad as everyone says. It was okay, and far from the potential of the Mythos, but it was watchable.

Pretty much.

The problem is that John's is all over this thing. He wanted to throw all his Rebirth changes at us, yet somehow keep some of the old stuff around.

Parallax should have been a third movie baddie.

Hector was fine for the first movie, but they should have gone with Emerald Dawn and made the big GL villain Legion.

The second movie: some other big baddie subplot, but really the fall of Sinestro.

Third movie: Sinestro Corps war, with a huge Parallax/Sinestro fight at the end (and maybe Ion). Movie ends with shots of the other Corps gathering around their Lanterns, setting up another trilogy (which, at that point, Johns could lead up to Blackest Night for the sixth film).

I think the main problem was they couldn't decide how the tone of the movie was gonna be. Is it dark sci-fi, is it kid/family friendly, or is mythic. If they had chosen one theme instead of blending them, it would've been a better movie.

Movie studios just underestimate the audiences. Kids can go see Spider-Man and Iron Man, yet, those movies didn't cater or pander to families specifically. Just make the friggin movie based on the mythos. People will come.

I was sitting around today and I sudden;y had a thought....

It would be kinda fun to do a roast for a selected hypster...

It could be an annual thing or we could do it like we did with the BTPS.

I don't know what made me think of that, just kinda popped into my head

Every day on these forums is a roast of eachother. :oldrazz:

What's the difference between MB and a troll?

One is a hairy, snarling, pimple-covered beast. The other is a troll.

At least my mother loves me! :waa:

"Syn is like a herpes sore: every once and a while he disappears, but a few months later, he'l reappear without warning."

In before the roast :cmad:

That's way too forgiving.

I'm sure Byrd scoffs at the idea of saying something so tame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"