Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

We'll have to wait and see. That teaser did nothing to say either way, even if it was pretty cool to see the big :super: back on the big screen.

MoS teaser > 10 ****ing years of Smallville.

We'll have to wait and see. That teaser did nothing to say either way, even if it was pretty cool to see the big :super: back on the big screen.
Russell Crowe as Jor-El and Kevin Costner as Pa Kent give me reason to hope, but I'm still apprehensive. I still don't believe Zack Synder is the right fit for Superman at all, and I still don't get what the point of Clark "Deadliest Catch" Kent is - other than to say, "Hey, look! It's just like Batman Begins! Watch as Clark Kent goes on a journey to find himself! He grows a beard!" We'll have to see indeed.

I nearly cried multiple times during The Dark Knight Rises. And every time Bane spoke, I smiled and threw a punch in the air with glee. Seriously; his dialogue, his movements, his demeanor: best Bane I've seen anywhere.

I can proudly say I will see this many times, in addition to inculcating new inside jokes from the film into my lingo.

TKDR just completed my life. Not seen Spidey yet but I honestly didn't think anything could touch Avengers. These two movies just brought to life every time I read a comic book, played with a set of action figure or wrote a fanfic. Perfection. Just... perfection.

I still don't get what the point of Clark "Deadliest Catch" Kent is - other than to say, "Hey, look! It's just like Batman Begins! Watch as Clark Kent goes on a journey to find himself! He grows a beard!" We'll have to see indeed.

Exactly how I felt. The trailer literally made me facepalm.

As for the movie...I liked it a lot. I wouldn't put it up there with TDK and Avengers, but it was great.

Saw a midnight screening.

Good Lord, that was awesome. Batman was great. Bane was great. Catwoman was great. It was everything I could ask for and more.

Saw the film this morning. Not sure how I feel about certain parts. Thinking I like TDK more. But [blackout]the damn twist...I saw the twist coming a mile away from the beginning but not the HOW.[/blackout]

Saw the film this morning. Not sure how I feel about certain parts. Thinking I like TDK more. But the damn twist...I saw the twist coming a mile away from the beginning but not the HOW.

That has to be one of my main gripes with the movie. After the first 20 minutes I basically know how the movie was going to end.

My bigger issue is that for a big chunk doesn't feel like I'm watching a Batman film. And I'm not entirely convinced by [blackout]ANY of the romantic stuff.[/blackout]

Guess what else isn't like watching a Batman film?! Watching an Aquaman film, which will never be made. :cmad:

Damnit, you keep replying before I see things I wish to edit or add to my posts! :cmad:

But Bane makes up for it. [blackout]Especially at the end man with the reveal[/blackout]. And yea I got teary-eyed several times in the film.

I thought the first half of the film was pretty emotionally hollow and suffered from pacing issues. The second half felt like an entirely different film though.

A very satisfying end to the Nolan trilogy.

As for the movie...I liked it a lot. I wouldn't put it up there with TDK and Avengers, but it was great.
I agree. The Avengers was the best CBM movie of the summer, being both a culmination of a huge undertaking and a promise for more to come. The Amazing Spider-Man was a refreshing restart that bodes well for the wall-crawler's cinematic future. And The Dark Knight Rises was a satisfying conclusion to a journey which reshaped the CBM genre entirely. All in all, not a bad summer at all.

The Dark Knight Rises is definently tied for my favorite movie right now with The Dark Knight. Sooo many reasons they both were good, I can't choose right now. This is easily my favorite movie trilogy. The avengers comes in after these two movies in my all time favorite movies list, though.

I thought the first half of the film was pretty emotionally hollow and suffered from pacing issues. The second half felt like an entirely different film though.

A very satisfying end to the Nolan trilogy.

While I don't know if I'd say it was emotionally hollow, after watching it a second time the pacing issues seemed much more apparent (and not just for the first half). Still loved it though.

There are some pacing issues, and clunky sections of dialog.

But I still enjoyed it just as much as TDK.

It's got it's share of flaws, definitely. I've also began to notice a couple of plotholes, and one particularly big one that I noticed right away still hasn't really left my mind since seeing the movie. But as a Batman movie that portrays a good rendition of Gotham and the characters in it, I was in love with most of everything on the screen. Loved it more than Avengers, even though Avengers is clearly superior in terms of a few things. Just personally speaking, TDKR was my favorite of the three superhero movies of this summer.

Just watched a video someone put up on Youtube of the Batman/Bane fight, which was my favorite sequence. Goddamn, if that's just not one of the most brutal scenes in the entire trilogy. And the one that pretty much made me eat my own words about the movie's version of Bane seeming too silly to ever be rightly intimidating. Loved it. :up:

In terms of its quality as a film about Batman, it's probably second only to The Dark Knight. In terms of its quality as a Batman film, I still prefer the first two installments. By TDKR, we have a personality-less Gotham, no Batmobile (except the camo alternates driven by the bad guys), minimal Bruce/Alfred interaction, and Batman himself is absent from a good 1/3 of the movie. It's an excellent film, but only a pretty good Batman film, IMO. (If that makes any sense...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"