dvi/hdmi query.

The Morningstar

Avenger
Reaction score
Hi, there!

So, I have an older HD Ready LCD TV. It doesn't have an actual HDMI input, but a DVI. My question is, is there a lead for the XBOX 360 that i can plug into the DVI input and get HD results? So far i've just been using the component cable.

Thanks in advance.

You're best bet is to get a vga xbox cable and use the little vga to dvi adapter

But why would you do that? Component is HD anyway...

Yea i've got those ones, but not anything to plug them into on my TV. The Xbox lead has the red, green and blue ones and red, white and yellow. My TV only has sockets for the red, white and yellow. RCA i think it's called. Is that HD?

DVI-I accepts analog and digital.

61976798_cfd8ec63a5.jpg

Morningstar, which one does yours look like? Also, does your tv have a PC input? Better yet, could you give us the make and model of your TV?

Last edited:
Yea i've got those ones, but not anything to plug them into on my TV. The Xbox lead has the red, green and blue ones and red, white and yellow. My TV only has sockets for the red, white and yellow. RCA i think it's called. Is that HD?

but you said in your first post you've been using component video... :huh:

"HD ready" means you can't get full 1080p anyways... which means you the best you're going to get is 720p from the component video input/output.

If the tv has red, white and yellow sockets, it won't work with the xbox lead. Well I have no idea if it will BUT I do know that you will not get HD results. My PS2 has red, white and yellow wires. Try looking for a cheap HD tv, I recently got a 26" one for £180 which has all of the imputs I need for my PS3, etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"