• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Dylan Baker returning for Spider-Man 4

I think it will be Mysterio paired with another power villain. But this doesn't come CLOSE to ruling out Lizard. This could easily be a deceptive play here to keep fanboys guessing. Again, being that we were looking for Lizard since SM2, it would not suprise me at all if he's not in this yet again.

Even though I REALLY wanted to see the Lizard, honestly, I won't be dissapointed if he's not in the movie. I mean, Spidey has a great rogues gallery, and i think Vulture, Electro, and Msyterio all have great things they could bring to the film. Also ,I have to say, I hope they keep the look they were giving Vulture for S-M3 if he's in this film. Looked awesome.

Still, though, who ever said Lizard isn't going to be in this? I mean, anything is possible.

I think it will be Mysterio paired with another power villain. But this doesn't come CLOSE to ruling out Lizard. This could easily be a deceptive play here to keep fanboys guessing. Again, being that we were looking for Lizard since SM2, it would not suprise me at all if he's not in this yet again.

Yeah but he wasn't being coy about it, he just came out and said it. On the other hand, why would they call him now if he has a small part like in 2 and 3?

Even though I REALLY wanted to see the Lizard, honestly, I won't be dissapointed if he's not in the movie. I mean, Spidey has a great rogues gallery, and i think Vulture, Electro, and Msyterio all have great things they could bring to the film. Also ,I have to say, I hope they keep the look they were giving Vulture for S-M3 if he's in this film. Looked awesome.

Still, though, who ever said Lizard isn't going to be in this? I mean, anything is possible.

But then again it does support that guy's cousin saying that two villains from this list will be in 4:

Mysterio
Vulture
Jackal
Tombstone
Electro

And Tombstone would go along with the villain "being New York centric"

If the Lizard is in SM4, I just hope they pick a good creature shop to build him - and let's keep him looking as much like the Ditko Lizard as possible.

Good to see him back, raises my hopes for The Lizard, but just slightly.

How can you guys be Spidey fans, but only like about two or three of his villains?

You really think his rogues gallery is that bad?

That's why I really liked the first film. Raimi actually made me like Green Goblin even more by having Dafoe play him, and I was already a fan of the Gobo.

But still, you can be a fan, and not like some aspects of the character, such as the villains. I'm a Superman fan, but I don't like some of his villains. The only superhero that I'm a fan of all of the villains would be Iron Man, just because all of his villains are interesting, imo. And if Jon and Robert decide to make more than just three Iron Man films, then all of the films will have interesting characters.

It's just, GG, Lizard and Venom have always been my favorite villains to watch, and those are the main episodes back in TAS that I enjoyed, and now with TSSM.

With Lizard,I hope he slowly (but not as slow as the film does) mutates into the Lizard,like Seth Brunddle in The Fly. Gets worse as it goes on,like the original comics. Until BADA BING BADA BOOM!!! He is one big Lizard.

Totally agree! Mysterio is one of my favourites and he is way too underrated imo!

EDIT: Missed that there was another page too xD

Last edited:
Lizard is who I would most like to see. but, if they don't go for him in this film I can see why. Maybe Raimi doesn't want to take the big risk on doing a fully CGI character, especially as he's said he's wanting to go 'back to basics' after the supervillan excesses of SM3.

edit: Maybe if this one works out well, he'll do Lizard in SM5.

Maybe he will go back to his plan for the Vulture, whatever that was. I'd be happy with that, opens up for some great ariel battles. And I always liked it in a story when the V would rop spidey from a height that was above the buildings, that would look great onscreen.

So maybe Vulture and Kraven. There was that great Lee/Romita story, with Blackie whatsisface as the Vulture, when he and Kraven were after Spidey, and Spidey had a bad dose of the flu. Took place in the snow as well. Would be great if they took an influence from that.

Tombstone I always liked, and would like to see him as a gangster if the underworld were to be represented in a movie. I always liked him a a regular guy, hated it when they changed him into a mutant monster type in Web of Spider-man.

Whoever we get I think I'll be quite happy to see what they come up with in adapting them.

Last edited:
I just hope the big crisis for Peter in this isnt getting a splinter...oh,and growing four extra arms.

That was just a rumour. There's vampire movies everywhere. Last thing we need is them showing up in Spider-Man, too, when a more unique villain can be done.

Never cared for Morbius, anyway.
True. But there aren't good vampire movies everywhere :oldrazz: I don't care about Morbius either, but I do care about Electro and Rhino so what does that tell you? :hehe:

Lizard is who I would most like to see. but, if they don't go for him in this film I can see why. Maybe Raimi doesn't want to take the big risk on doing a fully CGI character, especially as he's said he's wanting to go 'back to basics' after the supervillan excesses of SM3.

That's still a pointless reason to not use the lizard. Scott and Cameron didn't use CGI to bring the aliens to life. Good old-fashioned creativity and intelligence did and I don't see how it wouldn't be applicable in giving the people what they want. The Lizad.

the more I think about it...

I really wouldn't mind them holding off for 5 to see the lizard
Connors may of made an appearance in the last two movies, but, he hardly had enough character development to fully justify his jump to main villain, if they use this movie to develop him more fully and set up the lizard as a cliffhanging, it might be for the best

the more I think about it...

I really wouldn't mind them holding off for 5 to see the lizard
Connors may of made an appearance in the last two movies, but, he hardly had enough character development to fully justify his jump to main villain, if they use this movie to develop him more fully and set up the lizard as a cliffhanging, it might be for the best

The only character/villain to have been set up to appear ina spidey movie was Harry. Connors doesn't need to be developed more to be suited as a potential villain for sm4. He's been in 2 movies and is established. In depth? erhaps not but that doesn't matter, that's what sm4 could be, just like most of the other villains that came before him.

[A];17638874 said:
True. But there aren't good vampire movies everywhere :oldrazz: I don't care about Morbius either, but I do care about Electro and Rhino so what does that tell you? :hehe:

You like rhinos and electricity? :awesome:

villians like shocker or rhino would be cool for an opening credits take down but there is few I think are complex enough to hold an entire movie.

Any villain can be compelling if written to be compelling. I mean I never really cared for Doc Ock's mad scientist schtick in the 90's animated series, but my god was he a fantastic villain in S-M2. Preferred him even more than GG in S-M1.

As for this news, it's good to hear, I had a concern that they would re-cast the role. I think what he said about being in the background is just a swerve comment. Technically if The Lizard is in this film, then Baker will be taking a back seat for the most part as Lizard will be completely CGI, I would hope!

If baker wont be the lizard, i'll be a bit let down, but as long as morphius ain't used, i'm all good :up:

If that guy's cousin is telling the truth looks like Baker won't becoming green and scaly.

no lame mysterio please

anyways even though i don't like the idea but if Lizard is finally in this next installment i guess Kraven would be a good villain to add i prefer Electro or Carnage as the main villain and Lizard as hero/villain character. just as long as they have a cliffhanger for great returns like Doc Ock and/or Venom. not necesarily in the same movie. but honestly i rather Rhino or Scorpion before mysterio. sorry but if you don't like tuff sh%#

I hate to disappoint, but carnage will be in VENOM, and i really doubt SM4. like, 100% doubt we'll see him in 4.

I hate to disappoint, but carnage will be in VENOM, and i really doubt SM4. like, 100% doubt we'll see him in 4.

well as long as Topher Grace is back as Venom for the Venom movie and Carnage is in it I'll be happy with that. then that leaves room for SM4 to have Lizard as the hero/villain Electro should be the main villain and a cliffhanger for Doc Ocks return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"