• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man Dylan Baker returning for Spider-Man 4

Will definately be dissapointed if Lizard isnt in Spidey 4, another small role for Baker doesnt make sense at all, he has the roles necessary to set him up for a bigger role already, so really dont see the point in NOT having The Lizard in this.

Was hoping for Scorpion and Lizard in this one but we'll see I guess.

He will be Lizard. Raimi said he intends to happen...

If I had my way with these movies,it would be Mysterio (and Hobgoblin)...just saying

Will definately be dissapointed if Lizard isnt in Spidey 4, another small role for Baker doesnt make sense at all, he has the roles necessary to set him up for a bigger role already, so really dont see the point in NOT having The Lizard in this.

Was hoping for Scorpion and Lizard in this one but we'll see I guess.

You really wanted Lizard and Scorpion in the same movie? I mean they have similar moves. Being able to cling to walls and using their tails as weapons.

Where did Raimi say that?

I definately remember reading sami say he will eventually reward dylan saying something alongs the lines of he can't play a cameo forever, but that is very vague. that could be SM10

He'll probably become Lizard in a movie some day. May not however be in Spider-Man 4. I don't care that much if Lizard is in this one or not as long as we get an awesome movie focusing on the right things for once.

Jim here. In what must be exclusives week at MarketSaw, we get a quick update on SPIDER-MAN 4 which of course is getting lensed in stereoscopic 3D.

We all pretty much knew that either The Lizard and/or Carnage would be in this movie and now we have word that it will be The Lizard ONLY. No multiple villains. Again, strong source here. Of course, things could change - but it is highly doubtful.

I couldn't be happier! SPIDER-MAN 3 suffered from too many story lines in my mind and with only one villain, Sam Raimi can focus on the character development and really build Dr. Curt Connors / The Lizard the way it should be. If there are too many bad guys you lose the connection - it is a good thing to almost feel bad for them when they lose (or win as the case may be). It is very hard to develop two villains within the same movie and establish that honest mind meld with them.

So what do you think? You happy with The Lizard being the sole villain? Who should be cast? Dylan Baker? (sounds like he has the job!)
SOURCE

Eh I'm a bit skeptical about the Carnage remark. With Raimi at the helm with full creative control, Carnage was never a candidate.

I do hope The Lizard is the only main villain though.

Eh I'm a bit skeptical about the Carnage remark. With Raimi at the helm with full creative control, Carnage was never a candidate.
Yeah, maybe there are just saying that because of the recent villain poll.

i hope that is true, that lizards the only villian. there is so much they can do dramatically with that character, and with him being the solo villain its less likely he would be short changed.

I know 3 villains for alot of people felt like to much, an it is hard to give a full story to that many, but, I wonder if going from 3 back down to just one, is the right move, idk

even if it is only the lizard, I still hope they include a set up, or at least establish an alias of a possible future villain, as a new character (even if just a background character) and leave the movie with a cliffhanger

I think its (like it probably well be with the lizard) better to work with an established character, instead of having to introduce and set up the character all in the same movie

If that makes, sense

Last edited:
If this is true I'd like to see how they would make this without it being too similar to SM2. I mean that movie already had the friend/mentor of Peter becoming a villain by accident and Peter needs to stop him but doesn't want to hurt him.

Plus that would mean yet another sympathetic villain. I knew it was inevitable with the Lizard. That's why I wanted another villain to go along with him.

And while I'm happy to hear that (possibly) The Lizard is going to be in the movie, I'm disappointed that he may be the only villain. I don't think this is the right move....

I highly doubt it's gonna be only Lizard.
I'm still hoping for Electro.

And while I'm happy to hear that (possibly) The Lizard is going to be in the movie, I'm disappointed that he may be the only villain. I don't think this is the right move....

Me neither, It's just 1 and 2 all over again with the main focus being on Peter and Mary Jane again. Oh joy :csad:

Yeah, maybe there are just saying that because of the recent villain poll.

Most likely. It's the only logical explanation I can think of. Carnage was certainly not on the top of Raimi's villain list.

Im still pullin for Baker as Lizzy and Campbell as Mysterio

^^ Well, if Lizardi s the Villian, obviously, Baker will be playing him.

I'm really hoping for someone other than just Lizard. It show that Raimi can't leave his comfort zone and will do the same formula over and over again and is actually listening to the silly "too many villains" complaint.

The problem wasn't too many villains, it was how each of the villains were utilized.

^That's exactly what I've been saying. Some people just can't or refuse to get that through their heads.

We got people saying Iron Man 2 is gonna have the SM3 complex. True, there will be a few villains, but unlike SM3 they will all tie in together. They don't have separate storylines and no one seems forced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"