Products EA Delays Superman Returns (the Game) Release

Z

Zonian1

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2913&Itemid=2

During EA's quarterly conference call, it was revealed that Superman has been delayed to the fall, missing the theatrical release of the movie by months.
superman%20movie.jpg
According to EA, "The ambitious design of the free-roaming world [of Superman] proved to be challenging", making the desired quality difficult to obtain by the previous summer date.

Instead, the company plans on coinciding the game's release with the movie's DVD release in fall, which EA believes could have positive effects as the holiday shopping season ramps up.
The game was originally scheduled for June 28, right before the end of EA's first fiscal quarter.

How the hell do you not now how long a game is going to take, and wait til two monts before it is supposed to come out, which is one month before they start production on it. They must have legions of iditots over there.

well I am pissed... I was looking forward to that game as much as if not more than the movie. stupid mistake, fellers, big time stupid mistake

ReporterKent said:
How the hell do you not now how long a game is going to take, and wait til two monts before it is supposed to come out, which is one month before they start production on it. They must have legions of iditots over there.
Couldn't have said it better. Maybe they should have gotten to work on the actual game play MONTHS ago...then went in and made the world aesthetically to look like the movie. I don't know though, obviously the people working there aren't as intelligent as me or you.

Personally, I don't know why WB gave the gaming rights for thier products to EA--they're stock is tumblign because they release medicore games. WB needs to be like the Bond people and go to another company, fast.

People, games are pushed back ALL the damn time. If you play games, it's a very regular occurance to see them pushed back. Trust me, it's for the better. Would you rather play a half-assed game that was rushed to coincide with the release of the movie, or one that was given extra time to be finished and made decent? Chill out and just wait for the game, it'll be better for it.

Whack Arnolds said:
Couldn't have said it better. Maybe they should have gotten to work on the actual game play MONTHS ago...then went in and made the world aesthetically to look like the movie. I don't know though, obviously the people working there aren't as intelligent as me or you.

Thank you, will you be my comrade in defacing Welling?

oh i saw this coming, im sorry but from the pictures we saw and the trailer the game looked incomplete.

I'm actually happy about this news cause it gives room for much needed improvements such as the crappy graphics we saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"