Superman Returns Superman Returns video game delayed

SolidSnakeMGS

Superhero
Reaction score
From GameSpot:

Superman Returns was originally set to arrive on shelves for a number of systems alongside the movie's release this June. In the call, EA executive VP and general manager of North American publishing Frank Gibeau explained why the Man of Steel won't make that date.

"The ambitious nature of the open-world design proved to be fairly challenging, with regard to hitting the launch window for the film," Gibeau told investors. "And we wanted to look at a long-term opportunity here with Superman, so as a result we moved the product release to the fall to coincide with the DVD at holiday. Actually, from a publishing standpoint, the DVD release at holiday is a nice combination. There are more vehicles for us to market and promote the game, and we're going to get a better game this fall than we would have with the movie release."

Read more at Gamespot...

IF your joking....I will round house rip your soul out of your ass.

You gotta be kidding me? What's next, the movie is postponed to get rid of the piano wielding kid and CGI tune ups?

I think there were rumors before that they were a far away from being finished, and is in no way capable of finishing the game by June... so if it's true, then I'd be happier if it was released by Fall, at least they have a longer time to finish and polish the game...

Well this certainly sucks & lol @ almost everyone bringing up the Piano Scene every chance they get

Showtime029 said:
You gotta be kidding me? What's next, the movie is postponed to get rid of the piano wielding kid and CGI tune ups?

LOL

Now I have to say it...and I have not said it yet...

What do you expect from an EA game that doesn't involve Maddenisms or an unlockable version of the 86 Celtics?

BrollySupersj said:
IF your joking....I will round house rip your soul out of your ass.

Yeah, I'm joking. I created a little website called GAMESPOT.COM and posted the news there to aid in my trickery. The website was created hastily so I hope it fooled you guys.

:confused:

Yes, it's real. Pro is that we get a better game and we don't have to spend so much for merchandise at one time. Con of course is that the damn game is delayed for a good while. :(

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Yeah, I'm joking. I created a little website called GAMESPOT.COM and posted the news there to aid in my trickery. The website was created hastily so I hope it fooled you guys.

I laughed so hard I spit my coffee out.

As long as we get a better game b/c of the delay. We do have the movie, after all, to appease us until the release of the game.

Well I guess I will be able to wait and buy the PS3 version in November.

I wonder if it will coincide with the realease of PS3 after Thanksgiving along with the DVD release of Returns.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh well, looks like that money is to be saved later :) Hopefully it'll be fantastic by that time.

Well...like they said, will get a better game in the Fall instead of the Summer. So that means more time to make things better.

The game looked fine in the trailer...I mean, I'm new to this whole thing, but I dunno...As long as the delay is for the better. And what is the "piano weilding kid"?

Michael Corleone said:
Yeah good luck with that one. IF the PS3 is ready.

Indeed.

I'm actually happy it's delayed because that might mean they'll improve the game. At the moment it 'looks' average. I want them to improve the textures and refine some of their visuals before they ship it off. Hopefully we'll get a better game because of this.

But then again it's EA so don't get your hopes up.

first small disaster comes...

Showtime029 said:

WTF?

boyscouT said:

Lol. I was shocked to when I heard about the Piano rumour. Or maybe it ISN'T a rumour... :eek:

Meh. I like this news, especially given the track records of Superman games. At least EA understands the importance of pushing a quality product with this game. I just hope I can swing me a PS3 this fall.

scifiwolf said:
Meh. I like this news, especially given the track records of Superman games. At least EA understands the importance of pushing a quality product with this game. I just hope I can swing me a PS3 this fall.
HA! I thought you were serious for a second. WOO! That was a good one.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"