Superman Returns Superman Returns video game delayed

Milkman95 said:
Thankfully, I'm not.......

I guess I'll be sympathetic and say I'm sorry to those guys who were anticipating the game so much, but to me, I could care less. I'm the biggest Batman fan ever, but I have yet to even see the Batman Begins game.......

:down

Ok, then why post in a VIDEOGAME thread that you don't care about videogames? That's like me going to the Batman forums and making a post that I don't care who plays the Joker because I don't care about Batman (which isn't true, but a good example).

SolidSnakeMGS said:
:down

Ok, then why post in a VIDEOGAME thread that you don't care about videogames? That's like me going to the Batman forums and making a post that I don't care who plays the Joker because I don't care about Batman (which isn't true, but a good example).

Oh trust me my friend. It's been done numerous times in the Batman forums and other forums for that matter. Some idiot comes into the Batman forums screaming about how Batman sucks and the movie will too. They just get a rise out of seeing eager fanboys get on the defensive.

If you don't care about videogames then stay the freak out of this thread. Your only wasting my monitor space when I could be reading civilized posts.

Well, it is delayed but it will make an appearance at E3 next week according to E.A...

EA Sports.

* NCAA Football '07
* NBA Live
* Tiger Woods PGA Tour
* FIFA Soccer
* NASCAR '07

EA Games.

* Army of Two (PS3, X360)
* Battlefield 2142 (PC)
* Crysis (PC)
* The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth II (X360)
* Superman Returns: The Videogame (X360, PS2, Xbox, PSP, DS, GBA)
* Def Jam Fight for NY: The Takeover (PSP)

lazur said:
As someone who works in the game industry making PC and console video games, I never quite understood reactions like yours. On the one hand, gamers demand games NOW, but on the other they b*tch and whine when the game is 'unfinished'.

A common quote from disgruntled gamers: "I can't believe I paid for a game that's still in beta!! What junk!!

You should be GLAD that they aren't releasing a half-assed, sloppy, hurried game. It'll be all that much more polished and fun to play when it finally IS released.

Doesn't really matter to me either way, I mean I was looking forward to getting the game sooner rather than later, but I still have yet to even open my Batman Begins.

My post was mainly to include the "piano wielding kid" joke. I don't think I was *****ing & whining.

Superman Returns just shown at Microsofts E3 confrence (unsure if its the previous teaser or gameplay footage).

The event will be online in just under one hour. Check 1up.com or gamespot for the stream.

Mentok said:
Superman Returns just shown at Microsofts E3 confrence (unsure if its the previous teaser or gameplay footage).

The event will be online in just under one hour. Check 1up.com or gamespot for the stream.
Probably just the teaser. Though if we're lucky...

Though quite frankly, I just as eagerly anticipate the E3 Spider-Man 3 stuff.

Spiderman 3 is looking waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than SR vid game.:up:

explode7 said:
Spiderman 3 is looking waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than SR vid game.:up:

:confused:

There is nothing on the Spidey 3 game yet.

There was some info on Spidey 3 the other day I thought?

I am just glad that PS3 kept the same controller, that other one they originally were going to use made my teeth sweat.

Wow, EA really dropped the ball with this. The whole point of a film inspired game is to have near coinciding releases for the coinciding marketing. If SR isnt a good film, they'll be screwed because no one's gonna want the game in November.

The Incredible Hulk said:
Wow, EA really dropped the ball with this. The whole point of a film inspired game is to have near coinciding releases for the coinciding marketing. If SR isnt a good film, they'll be screwed because no one's gonna want the game in November.

And if it's good, they will wait.

The streaming video from the MS E3 press conference was supposed to be available at 2:30 PT which is 5:30 in my time, which is now. Or am I reading/mathing something wrong?

Ok, all they showed was a mere few seconds from the teaser we've all seen. Nothing new.... sigh.

KalElofKrypton said:
Do you have a link for this?

Ask yourself this...are you asking the right person?

Pickle-El said:
And if it's good, they will wait.

Not necessarily. I'm sure some of the hardcore will, but a big part of the cross promotion is striking "when the iron is hot" during the media blitz. You lose that 5 months down the line. People get caught up in the moment, thats the way the marketing is designed since the public has the attention span of a cat. Sure the game will sell, but as well as it would have with a living, breathing version on the big screen? I dont know. I'd surmise people at WB are pissed at EA about this.

This ****ing blows!!!!

I was looking forward to the game, probably more than I was looking forward to the movie.

Why the hell does this happen...if you can't make a release date...dont set one.

-R

Robin91939 said:
Why the hell does this happen...if you can't make a release date...dont set one.

-R

This is the reason very few videogames have a solid release date and the reason why most movie video games suck very hard.

^ Good find! Game looks pretty good. I like the superbreath. Awesome!

gregtestagent said:
Why? because they realized it would suck?

Considering it isnt even close to being finished, I doubt that can be said with certainty.

i agree that some general people wold buy this game when the movie is realesed. i dont think a lot of people will have big in terest after 5 months.

but i guess for the game-fans this is a great news. at least they will make it better. if it would come out in june it would suck.

I saw this game at E3 yesterday. Holy crap it's gorgeous.

Even with the delay, they still had it playable at the expo, but the lines were out the ass.

dark_b said:
i agree that some general people wold buy this game when the movie is realesed. i dont think a lot of people will have big in terest after 5 months.

but i guess for the game-fans this is a great news. at least they will make it better. if it would come out in june it would suck.
Don't you worry.

This game'll be huge even with the delayed release date. :up:

I'm confident

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"