Early Guardians of the Galaxy Box Office Prediction Thread

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by MessiahDecoy123, Jun 30, 2013.

?

How much WORLWIDE?

1. 800+ miliion WORLWIDE

2. 700+ m

3. 600+ m

4. 500+ m

5. 400+ m

6. 300+ m

7. 200+ m

8. under 200 m WORLDWIDE

9. 800+ miliion WORLWIDE

10. 700+ m

11. 600+ m

12. 500+ m

13. 400+ m

14. 300+ m

15. 200+ m

16. under 200 m WORLDWIDE

17. 800+ miliion WORLWIDE

18. 700+ m

19. 600+ m

20. 500+ m

21. 400+ m

22. 300+ m

23. 200+ m

24. under 200 m WORLDWIDE

25. 800+ miliion WORLWIDE

26. 700+ m

27. 600+ m

28. 500+ m

29. 400+ m

30. 300+ m

31. 200+ m

32. under 200 m WORLDWIDE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8ulk Registered

Last tracking numbers were 75 mil OP.W. by Boxoffice.com
    Boxofficemojo predicted a 82 mil OP.W.
    Friday numbers are 11.2 mil the highest of this year.

Yeah its a nobrainer this movie will make a 85-105 mil. OP.W.(which pretty much locks a n1 spot for 2nd week)
    and 225mil total DOM. is guarenteed yeah. Which suggets OS wont be much different. 300+ was a prediction by insiders but i think we can safely say its doing CAP 2 or Thor 2 numbers or more who knows. 400-500mil OS is a LOCK.

Now as far as the speculation about whether this movies was going to flop when it was anounced i have to say this.

How dumb a person must be to think that a movie that has all those qualities is going to flop.

1.MCU film
    2.Post Avengers
    3.Comic book adaption (Iron Man was a 2nd tier too remember? - for GA anyways)
    4.Sci-Fi & Fantasy elements with a Star Warsish vibe
    5.Great cast choices

I'd say u must be pretty naeve to think it was going to bomb/flop.
    I was 100% sure it would break 500 mil WW before even Thor 2 & CAP 2 were released.

A movie with all that stuff doesnt bomb very often. What were the chances really ?
    Most of the mega blockbusters that bombed didnt had all those qualities.

And now we have to realize that no MCU film is going to bomb from now on. Not if they keep up with the good quality they seem to provide as of lately (Post Avengers).

#851 8ulk, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. ctsketch Registered

yeah...just no more Thor TDWs...it wasn't a flop but it could have also been so much more.

3. MarvelU Registered

Congratulations to Marvel Studios it seems they have another hit on their hands. I will watch this on Monday, but I can't wait.

4. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

To all the folks who kept saying Marvel "plays it safe".....

[​IMG]

5. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Something got dropped along the way. By far that's the worst Phase 2 Marvel film by far, and I'm not saying it's bad film. In fact I quite enjoyed it. The script needed tightening up, they needed to work on Malekith more. If they want to feature the Jane/Thor romance something needs to click there that didn't. They almost had it in the first movie, but it's one of those things where they were about to fall in love and then he's gone.

The stuff that did work, worked great. Hiddleston is great as always, and they left with one hell of a cliff hanger.

But it could have been a lot better. I'm not even going to compare it with GOTG, because it's quite clear that GOTG is going to be the film to remember for summer 2014, and one that will be looked fondly upon for years and years to come.

6. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I never thought that it was going to bomb, but I was pretty surprised that Marvel was going to do an ambitious project like this that is so disconnected from the Avengers franchise. Even then I still thought it was going to be one of Marvel's lowest openings (not to say that's a bad thing considering that every Marvel movie has at least opened well). It wasn't until last week did I actually start to expect this movie to get huge. And even today, I was not expecting the possibility of a $90 million opening, more like $80 - $85 million.

7. SuperBatman Registered

Either that or a Howard the Duck Reboot. LOL.

8. marcvader Lurker #1

9. Mysteryman Registered

TWS wasn't bad either .

10. BAMF! heroic villain

11. JC00 Registered

12. 8ulk Registered

GoTG isnt that disconnected form the Avengers. They are going to be in Avengers 3 and Thanos is in their movie. It makes sense actually. GoTG tie to Thanos who is tied to Avengers. OFC they would do it. They pretty much believe they can do anything right now.

Also note that there are probably many reasons as to why they do all those lessknown properties. They obviously have a plan up to 2028. We cannot possibly know.

My personal guess and nothing more..

They are bringing all those characters (GoTG , Inhumans , Doc Strange , Plack Panther, Ms Marvel) so they can have a decent World War Hulk movie. Since they dont own the FF4 or Spidey. What would a World War Hulk movie be with only 3 Superheros fighting the Hulk you know ?

And thats probably only 1 reason they bring all those properties to life if any at all.

Dont know about you but i think that WOULD BE EPIC.

13. Ghostcrow13 Registered

Anyone remember was it before comic con 2007 where Marvel had the Iron Man panel, and a newspaper said, 'Marvel prepares to roll out the b-listers'

Oh how times change.

14. smashmode House Stark

Dat marvel walk up crowd

15. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Whoa, I've been so into talking about everything I loved about the movie that I haven't done my usual obsessive opening weekend box office watch, so I've only just now seen the early estimates: Wow! This movie's exceeding even my highest hopes for its opening weekend prospects! I think the Marvel brand can officially be declared box office gold now. :D

16. The Endless WE are Groot

17. Joeyjojo72 Registered

A while back I proposed a mega film where the entire MCU spent the first half of the movie fighting a pissed off hulk and the second half fighting (with Hulk back on board) either Thanos or a Celestial or [insert unstoppable villain here]. But I got shouted down.

18. TeeKay Registered

19. Ghostcrow13 Registered

i do kind of think it will be overkill, are you suggesting a 2 and half hour fight scene?

20. marcvader Lurker #1

And you'll continue to be shouted down. ;)

21. Joeyjojo72 Registered

Well a 3 and a half hour movie anyway. Or maybe a 2 parter shown 6 months apart. Costing over half a billion dollars. Lol not too ambitious.

22. TeeKay Registered

I remember when some folks though this would make less than 200 million. Good times.:oldrazz:

23. hippie_hunter The King is Back!

It'll be building up to Avengers 3 but in the overall grand scheme of things, it's pretty separate from the current state of the Avengers franchise. It won't be building up to Age of Ultron the way the other Phase 2 Marvel films have, and doesn't star any actual Avengers.

And come on, it's a movie that stars a bunch of heroes that no one has ever heard of including a talking raccoon and a talking tree that can only say "I am Groot." This was a leap and Disney's marketing team along with the cast and crew for making a very high quality movie deserve a lot of credit for not only making this work successfully, but making it huge. One wrong step (whether it be bad marketing or a bad movie) and it could have fallen apart.

24. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

WOW. Fitting for these glorious underdogs. Can't wait till Sunday :hrt:

25. TheVileOne Registered

There you go. So my point is, if the movie made just around $70 million and is the so-called "biggest release in August" that means very little. But obviously the movie is clearly going to do well and probably comparable business to the bigger hits that came out in April.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.