Guardians of the Galaxy James Gunn is directing Guardians of the Galaxy!

If he gets the job, all the film crew will be under the gun to get the movie made.

The other directors in consideration are abysmal. For that reason alone I hope he says yes.

Peyton Reed (Bring It On, Yes Man) ? You've got to be flipping kidding me. I'm all for hiring "smaller" directors but they need to at least show some potential to make something good. Reed has done no such thing.

This is the guy Whedon named the Angel character after

The other directors in consideration are abysmal. For that reason alone I hope he says yes.

Peyton Reed (Bring It On, Yes Man) ? You've got to be flipping kidding me. I'm all for hiring "smaller" directors but they need to at least show some potential to make something good. Reed has done no such thing.

Don't you drag Bring it On into this! :argh:

:csad:

I think they could give Gunn a shot.

Reed is random but I think the directors of Half-Nelson are even more out-there for this, haha

Gunn is a great choice imo, I was expecting some TV director I had never heard of.

I know he only wrote it, but DOTD was awesome, and Slither was superb, VERY under-rated movie, and Fillion was the main character, hhhmmmm, Starlord perhaps?

The director of Slither?

I'm down for this. TAKE MY MONEY NOW, MARVEL!!

Nathan Fillion should play every Marvel role. Seriously. He could nail Peter Quill for sure - he's basically cut from the same cloth as Mal Reynolds. Hell, he might be on board to do GOTG, almost like revisiting Firefly.

James Gunn will have Gamora do sexy poses.

JKDtE.gif

Morena Baccarin for Gamora. :wow:

Nathan Fillion should play every Marvel role. Seriously. He could nail Peter Quill for sure - he's basically cut from the same cloth as Mal Reynolds. Hell, he might be on board to do GOTG, almost like revisiting Firefly.
Haha, I remembered that Fillion was in Slither but forgot that he was in Super, too

Also, I did not realize Joss named Charles Gunn after James Gunn. Super cool! Didn't know Joss and James were friends. They have very, very similar creative sensibilities though, so I'm not surprised.

I know he only wrote it, but DOTD was awesome, and Slither was superb, VERY under-rated movie, and Fillion was the main character, hhhmmmm, Starlord perhaps?

I think you might be onto something.

With Fillion's connections to both Gunn and Whedon, and with him distancing himself from the fancasting for Ant-Man, it could very well be that he's been hand-picked for Peter Quill. And with his experience in Serenity/Firefly, that just adds fuel to the fire.

Hope Marvel pulls the trigger on Gunn. :sneaks sidelong glance at DarkRaven:

Yes. GOTG s gonna be epic and funny as hell at times too.

Pefect choice. Im kinda surprised he never occurred to me.

Somewhat off-topic: It's amazing what a top-notch cast and a good script can do for Zach Snyder. The reason I'm optimistic about MoS.

Pefect choice. Im kinda surprised he never occurred to me.

Somewhat off-topic: It's amazing what a top-notch cast and a good script can do for Zach Snyder. The reason I'm optimistic about MoS.

Yeah, but Zach Snyder with his own vision sucks ***.

Yeah, I'm glad its not Snyder directing this.

I have no strong feelings either way with this. He's definetly the sort of director Marvel usually goes for.

Wasn't Peyton Reed also in talks to do Fantastic Four years ago, as 1960s movie?

Yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"