Early Thor Darkworld box-office predictions - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.
I didnt realize THG Franchise performed so well with men.
Impressive.
About 40% of the audience was men opening weekend last time so I'm guessing the same thing. Kinda like around 40% of The Dark World's audience was women on opening weekend.

I agree and I apologize.
But he could have just said TDW made 150 million , instead he quoted what I said about the success of BMH ,I felt like he was saying "stay on topic".
I felt singled out, so I struck back.
Talking about competitors has always been okay here.
I mentioned BMH because for a long time people here have said TDW had NO COMPETITION in week 2 .
But on Friday, more then a few people were sweating out the possibility that BMH could have a 35 million dollar weekend.
I was pointing out that ANY film can provide competition against a blockbuster,
It was not an Anti Thor comment.
I would be very interested in knowing if there was a drop among women for TDW this weekend.
IF there was , my guess is they went to BMH.

:wow: Sorry if you thought I was being snarky toward you, it was not my intension to do that.
I did not mean to quote you when I posted,:doh: I was not paying attention and accidently added the quote selection..
Once again sorry for the mix up.

It seems the movie has dropped nearly 2 million with actuals.

I should have known, it never sounded right that the movie got to 38.5mil off of that Friday number. Well if it dropped 57% going up against a movie that did 30mil I'm going to be predicting a 60% drop this coming weekend.

Anyway 57% is still a decent drop so it's not some awful calamity or anything.

With the revised numbers I guess I'm gonna lower my prediction to $14-16M

:wow: Sorry if you thought I was being snarky toward you, it was not my intension to do that.
I did not mean to quote you when I posted,:doh: I was not paying attention and accidently added the quote selection..
Once again sorry for the mix up.

Apology accepted.
Thanks for clarifying.
We are all good .

Last edited:
My idea of a really bad drop would be in the 70s, Aka, Hulk Numbers.
TDW's drop is nowhere near that bad.

Last edited:
Catching Fire is going to make bank this weekend haha. It's by far the best of the books and just throw in everything else it has going for it too. I'm pretty excited for it haha. I love that the tv spots I've seen haven't given anything good away.

I know its kind of a weird idea but in a way hunger games might help thor this weekend. The people who cant get tickets to HG might go see thor instead. Is their any history of this type of boost?

Im not sure, there's records of it, but I have heard of that.

I know its kind of a weird idea but in a way hunger games might help thor this weekend. The people who cant get tickets to HG might go see thor instead. Is their any history of this type of boost?
How often does this happen to people? This never happens to me. Even when I don't pre-book.

Those were estimates. The confirmed numbers seem to be $36.5m.

We're getting conflicting weekend totals, other sites say 38.5 Million, not sure which to believe...curious what todays numbers are.
hopefully we hit the 150 Million mark by tomorrow...

Weekend estimates are posted on Sunday. The actual numbers for the weekend are reported on Monday.

How often does this happen to people? This never happens to me. Even when I don't pre-book.

Well I will bet it happens a decent amount on opening weekend for a huge movie. I have no numbers to back that up though:)

Well I will bet it happens a decent amount on opening weekend for a huge movie. I have no numbers to back that up though:)

It happened with Avatar and first Sherlock Holmes to be precise. When people went to Avatar all tickets was sold out so they bought ones for next session and went to SH to spend time.

I've been to a few of those in N.J. back in the 80's some are SMALL screens even tho there are more of them to view on.

I find it remarkable that the original Thor outgrossed this one the last two days. I find that amazing really.

It happened with Avatar and first Sherlock Holmes to be precise. When people went to Avatar all tickets was sold out so they bought ones for next session and went to SH to spend time.

I go to huge theaters with over 20 screens so I have never been turned away.

I've been to a few of those in N.J. back in the 80's some are SMALL screens even tho there are more of them to view on.

This only ever happened to me during Star Wars Prequels

So not often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back