Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the First Thor 2 news thread!
Keep in mind, same rules NO leaked pictures or video still apply.

Question, are there vampires in the nine realms?? Just wondering if Kate Beckinsale were to be in any Thor Sequel, what role could she play?

Sorry... I just saw the trailer to Underworld 4 and it looks good.

No vampires. The Nine Realms are more Tolkien, less Twilight. ;)

Any word on when this even starts shooting? Is there even a script yet?

They're the choosers of the honored dead. They'd fly down after a battle and pick which dead warriors got to go to Valhalla.

Oh... I don't know about that. Do they kick some butt? lol :p probably not.

In the Marvel universe, they most certainly do. Brunnhilde (one of Thor's many exes) is the main Valkyrie in Marvel's comics, and she's pretty much a ridiculous badass. She and War Machine are the Secret Avengers' "big guns" right now. :)

*thinks* Big guns... Kate Beckinsale... Badass... yeah I can see that :)

Oh well. It will never happen anyway, not even for a Thor Sequel.

Brunnhilde's blonde, but I suppose they could fudge that or dye Beckinsale's hair. :)

In the Marvel universe, they most certainly do. Brunnhilde (one of Thor's many exes) is the main Valkyrie in Marvel's comics, and she's pretty much a ridiculous badass. She and War Machine are the Secret Avengers' "big guns" right now. :)

Yeah, and that's my favourite Avengers ongoing by far.
Also, it's great that she's getting the spotlight in Fearless!

I've never read any of the Avengers comics... suppose its worth the read.

Yeah, and that's my favourite Avengers ongoing by far.
Also, it's great that she's getting the spotlight in Fearless!
I prefer Avengers Academy, but Rick Remender sounds like he has some cool ideas for his upcoming run on Secret Avengers.

I've never read any of the Avengers comics... suppose its worth the read.

Yes, there are many good stories about them in their 50 years of existence.
You should read some of their comics and see if you like them.:cool:

I prefer Avengers Academy, but Rick Remender sounds like he has some cool ideas for his upcoming run on Secret Avengers.

LOL I ''forgot'' about AA. It's awesome, indeed. Gage is one of the best writers in Marvel nowadays.

Yeah, he seems to have a knack for writing pretty much anything well.

Any word on when this even starts shooting? Is there even a script yet?

They'll at least have to start shooting either around or after Iron Man 3 finishes principal photography next year. (Which would be mid- to late 2012, probably in the late summer/early fall.)

And I'm sure Don Payne has a couple of drafts done that Marvel and Patty Jenkins are looking at. If they're smart they'll bring in fresh writers to do rewrites on Payne's drafts, before they begin early pre-production.

There's plenty of other (blonder) choices for Enchantress;Beckinsale could make a decent Karnilla or even Hela.

True :cool:

Yeah I could definately see Kate Beckinsale as Karnilla, I don't know about Hela though.

Man I completely forgot about Brunnhilde being a Secret Avenger, how have they been treating her character so far?

Brunnhilde is an interesting character that could play a significant role in a future THOR sequel. Her story could be that she and the Valkyrior stayed on Earth and would carry the bodies of great fallen Earth warriors to Asgard to be immortalised. Then when Odin decided to retract all direct Asgardian intervention and interaction here, she resisted because she felt that Earth's primitive cultures benefitted from their influence to rise above base desires / needs. She stayed on Earth in voluntary exile pretending to be a mortal. She could play a significant role in trying to influence THOR to stay on Earth when he is having that personal conflict wrt to choosing between Earth and Asgard.

No vampires. The Nine Realms are more Tolkien, less Twilight. ;)

That's all we'd need in the Thor Universe...sparkling vampires. >_< Unless Blade becomes part of Marvel's movie properties I don't think we'll be seeing any vampires at all.

That and I was just thinking of this but vampires aren't just fanged creatures that feed off of the blood of others. There can be humanoids that feed off of life energy to give themselves power that could technically be considered vampiric in nature without even having to attack a living thing. So maybe a "vampire" in that sense could exist in the Thor Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"