• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Eddie is out there....

Okay, the guy went to a freakin' Church and asked GOD to kill a man. God does not kill people so I'm really wondering why he would even go to a Church for that reason. :o The movie is still great though, just sayin'. :oldrazz:

Beg to differ, God the one that did the big flood, and not to mention killing off the first borns of egypt

We had this discussion oh about 10 months ago:dry:

The hype has been around for about 8 years, at this stage in the game, every thread you'll ever see will be a recycle of another.

The hype has been around for about 8 years, at this stage in the game, every thread you'll ever see will be a recycle of another.
In fact Mr. Socko Sr. already posted what you just said:o

Okay, the guy went to a freakin' Church and asked GOD to kill a man. God does not kill people so I'm really wondering why he would even go to a Church for that reason. :o The movie is still great though, just sayin'. :oldrazz:

The scene would have made more sense had it been written more like the Sin-Eater debacle. In the comics, Brock saw himself as a victim of circumstance because he never consciously did anything wrong. Thus, he still views himself as the good guy and would warrant God's help. With the stupid fake photo plot point, he obviously went to great lengths to deceive people and he never seemed crazy at all until that point. Just another way that the character was gutted.

That plot point is taken from TAS, which did it better than the movie or the comics.

In all honesty, the comics origin just really sucks. I don't blame them forditching that.

Oh well.

That plot point is taken from TAS, which did it better than the movie or the comics.

In all honesty, the comics origin just really sucks. I don't blame them forditching that.

Oh well.

TAS rushed the symbiote's origin but it was still superior to the "Lookee there, an alien goo!" origin from the movie. They could have at least involved John Jamerson's travels in space or written in some reason that the symbiote would seek out Spidey other than a "right place, right time" scenario.

Yeah, i'm not to fond of the Secret Wars origin. It's all fine and dandy in the comic books, but when it comes to telling a more simplified version, I prefer the TAS. Heck, I think the symbiote arriving via meteorite is an excellent path to follow as well.

i ask the same thing, why would someone go to church to ask god to kill someone just cuz he or she f***ed ne up. that happens all the time, and i dont think that all that people go to church and ask god to kill the responsable.

we all get screwed over and we dont ask god to kill that person. Eddie`s story in the film was really lame, they should had given Eddie( not as venom) a more dramatic story, more reasons to hate spidey and peter, cuz in the comics he hated both, not just peter.

and the fact that he saw peter with stacy...pff dude that could happen to anyone , thats life, sometimes you win, sometimes you loose, not for that you are going to ask god to KILL that person, and afterwards even try to kill his girlfriend. Eddie shoul have had a really bad and humilliating story, he should have appeared since spidey 1, and spidey humilliating him since day 1, and on the other hand, peter screwing him over with better pics, THEN Eddie in the third film would have had more reasons

I think the problem boils down to an astonishing lack of creativity, which can be said of Hollywood as a whole these days.

God..I ask that you do one thing for me...I want you to kill this thread.

Yeah, i'm not to fond of the Secret Wars origin.

Not to presume what DAcrowe was saying, but the entire origin for Venom in the comics was awful--not just the symbiote coming from an alien vending machine, but ASM #300 itself.

Personally, I would rank the Venom origins as such:
Ultimate > TAS > Spider-Man 3 > 616 origin

I think the problem boils down to an astonishing lack of creativity, which can be said of Hollywood as a whole these days

trutha.jpg

Not to presume what DAcrowe was saying, but the entire origin for Venom in the comics was awful--not just the symbiote coming from an alien vending machine, but ASM #300 itself.

The Veom origin in 616 was convoluted, yes. I think that is because it was an unfolding idea at Marvel, the idea initially being to just give Spidey a new suit. I think the way they decided to take it was genius though.
I really don't like the Ultimate origin. The idea of the symbiote being a failed experiment doesn't sit well with me.
Though not a fan of TAS, I think it did it the best, followed by the movie. I really wish the movie had done something a lot closer to TAS.

*waits for whilem scream to turn this thread into a stupid religious debate about whether or not God exists in the first place.*.

:up: Dude does have a mad on for his hate against God doesn't he? I'd hate to be that guy on judgement day. :o

The thing is, it's his relentless blatant disrespect towards those who believe in God that is just undeniably dispicable....and yeah, I'd hate to be him on judgement day too...lol.

Beg to differ, God the one that did the big flood, and not to mention killing off the first borns of egypt

After flooding the God damned earth, God said he wouldn't whipe out mankind out of anger again, despite mankind still running around acting like d1cks and as for the 1st sons of Egypt, they had it coming. Rameses had more than enough chances to get his act together but his heart was too hard and his stubborness cost him the life of his son and every other egyptian first born child.....God is just as ruthless as he is kind BUT he's not going to kill someone just because someone prays to him to do so.

He went to the church because Parker was there and the writers needed a way for Brock to become Venom, know Parker's identity, and for us and Peter to discover Venom's weakness. Otherwise, it was piss poor lazy writing and made no sense whatsoever story wise.

God is just as ruthless as he is kind BUT he's not going to kill someone just because someone prays to him to do so.

Regardless of what you believe, I don't think anyone is debating that. In fact, it all points to the original point of how messed up Eddie was.

He went to the church because Parker was there and the writers needed a way for Brock to become Venom, know Parker's identity, and for us and Peter to discover Venom's weakness. Otherwise, it was piss poor lazy writing and made no sense whatsoever story wise.

Exactly, all a plot device.

Personally, I thought it would have been better if Peter went to the Church and ripped off the suit, with suit staying up in the tower, weakened without a host. Sorta like in the comics.

Then we see Peter at home, whip through all the Aunt May stuff and cut to Eddie entering the Church.

Cut back to Peter looking at the red suit and understanding his wrongs.

Cut back to Eddie, who hears screeching and moaning coming from the tower. He enters the tower and the symbiote senses him, jumping down on the nearest life force. Brith of Venom.

That's just something I threw together based on the scenes in the movie. I think it would at least remove a little bit of the coincidence, and incorporate some of the comic element.

616 origin (and it's not close) > TAS > Ultimate origin ( which is pretty stupid in it's own right) > The symbiote being rotten eggs mutated by exposure to SHH > The symbiote being the alien black oil on X-files after it got fired an needed a job > The symbiote being Godzillia's snot that survived after he was killed on the bridge in NY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moronic SM3 origin

Regardless of what you believe, I don't think anyone is debating that. In fact, it all points to the original point of how messed up Eddie was.

I never said anyone was disputing it, It was just a statement.:o

I thought that was a bit odd also.I personally thought there would be more discussion on it..

Eddie's character would have been much better had he made his "Venom" speech.

"I took your advice and went to church, Parker. I asked God for help, I asked for a way to save myself, a way to kill you. And then, as if from heaven itself the answer came down to me, and now- We are one. We're your old clothes, Parker. You had it all with the symbiote, but now the power is ours. We are poison to you now, that's why we call ourselves: Venom!"

Why couldn't they have him say something like that? Refer to himself as "we", and say his NAME!

-R

Why couldn't they have him say something like that? Refer to himself as "we", and say his NAME!

-R

I was thinking about that today. I always found it interesting when Venom referred to himself in the plural, as it is two being that form Venom...and what brought them together is that they both hate Peter.

Damn this movie would have been better had they focused more on the Venom storyline. I mean the whole story was right there for the taking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"