Ego: The Dark World

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by cherokeesam, Aug 13, 2012.

1. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Totally different though. I can see it as a planet, not living in the sense that that cloud was. But a planet that randomly has earthquakes, natural disasters, volcanic eruptions, sort of aiming them at things. Sort of living in the sense that a venus fly trap does.

I could see that working, atleast if Malekith and Kurse work their way into it. and for the part of your comment I bolded. Congrats, you just have me the best laugh of my day

oh it better be

BT, everytime I come to the Thor: Dark World forums, when I look at like 4 of the threads, almost everytime, the most recent poster I see is either BigThor or jaqua99 lol

2. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Well so far the only true heavyweight, heavy-hitting massive destruction knock down drag out fight we've seen has been Hulk/Abomination. It's about time we get another.

3. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Malekith has served as an agent of Surtur in the past, which leads me to believe this film could build up to Ragnarok in Thor III.

That would be the "something more" imo.

4. KangConquers

KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Kurse is more powerful than Abomination, so I definitely could see it happening.

5. jaqua99

Kurse is more powerful than Abomination or basically any Hulk. I am expecting, movie Kurse, to be the physically strongest character we have met in the MCU. He has to be.

6. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

think they could/would/should retcon Ego to predate the universe?

7. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Possibly.
    But I'm leaning now towards the retcon being for Surtur, who's pretty much been around since the dawn of time....they may rewrite that to make Surtur be around before the universe began. Which would simplify the storyline somewhat, and continue to pay homage to Simonson (who seems to be the guidestone for this film).

8. jaqua99

yeah ^ right there sam, basically summarizing what I was trying to say in the other thread lol. Funny, you are able to take what I was saying, and word it in a much clearer, legible way than I could. Well, communication is my lacking skill apparently lol

9. jaqua99

Which I love by the way

double post

10. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Simonson is my favorite Thor writer of all time bar non, so I'm super stoked that one of his stories is being used for T:TDW.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  11. jaqua99

Agreed. I think it will be hard to find a thor fan who differs from that opinion.

:up:

Ever since the announcement of Malekith, I started that whole run over, put it on my ipod, and yeahhhhhh

12. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I think it's worth bringing this back up. For a couple reasons in the new trailer:

1. the sequence we see Thor struggling in battle against Malekith. Are they on a dangerous planet that is trying to destroy them?
    2. the snippit on Earth? where a black landmass-type material falls from the sky. Is Ego sicked upon Midgard?
    3. Odin says "darkness has survived." Few of Thor's villains could match this description.

In that, I think we can assume safely that Ego wouldn't be purple but probably black. And it would be a logical reason to bring Jane to Asgard to protect her. Its also a reason he'd need Loki's help.

Also, what with IM3's 4+ villains and CA:TWS's 4+ villains, it would seem Malekith and Algrim might not be alone in their endeavor.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  13. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

I'm not familiar with this Ego planet thing.. but is it similar to the Island in Life of Pi? but like essentially on super steroids?

14. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Well, in the comics Ego is actually alive. Like, sentient I mean. He has a face and a brain and all that. He's near to the level of Galactus power-wise. Until Galactus tried to eat him.

But if he was in this, I doubt he'd be much of a conversationalist I also doubt he'd have a literal face. Maybe just a sentient, black moon-sized planet. Whose surface is actively torrential and dangerous. And as a final note, he has ties to The Collector in recent comics, who is reportedly joining the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy.

15. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I can see Ego being in this film, but to be honest I don't see how they'd be able to keep it under wraps this long. However, I'd love for him to be in it though, for the fact that it would make this film more cosmic and Thor's power level will have to be off the charts.

16. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Mandarin was under wraps until comic con last year right? I mean, thats not quite the same, but Ego probably won't even need a real voice actor, let alone real actor. I think it's totally possible. We might not even see him in future trailers. Might not know for sure til the film is released.

17. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Yeah I was just saying, but hey if they pulled him off well and he fits the story then more power to him. I already to you the reasons why I think it would be awesome if he's in the film.

18. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Totally. And they are great reasons. If they tie into GotG or not, and no matter what, it'll make Thor look like a badass.

And I still think he will be powered by the space gem...

but maybe I'm getting too far fetched.

19. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Not really, I could totally see Malekith being powered by the space gem. Everytime he uses his powers there is a red glow and it could explain how he's able to give Thor a good match.

20. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Oh actually I meant Ego, and the glow would be purple. Lol. but yeah, we'll see.

21. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Ego's already a living planet so I don't think he needs a power up, but Malekith on the other hand surely would.

22. mkilban2

hmm I guess it's something I'd have to see on screen because I don't really understand it haha..

23. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

I feel like Ego's origin is kind of ambiguous. Like, I think he's one of Thor's top ten villains/threats, but I still can't honestly say I know where he came from. Why not tie it in with the Space Gem? I think that'd be really cool. Not that he is Ego the Living Planet, superpowered by an infinity gem, he's a regular planet made alive by an infinity gem.

This is all you need to know :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  24. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

Oh yeah that could definately work, I'd give Ego the space gem to come alive and Malekith the power gem for a huge power boost.

25. mkilban2

It just seems silly and non-threatening to me.. but then again that's the world of comics and sci-fi in general i guess.. But hey I'm willing to try anything once, never been big into the comic/sci-fi genre, so bring it on!