Thor: The Dark World ...DVD

What did people think about the deleted scenes?

I really think they should have kept three of them in the film without question.

1) The Thor/Frigga scene right after she visits Loki in the prison. That was wonderful and adds depth to the Frigga and Loki relationship.

2) Jane doing research. The best thing about the scene is the exploration of Jane's guilt over
Frigga's death
. It's brief but it needed to be addressed to show that Jane is distraught and blames herself but Thor does not.

3) The extended Vanaheim battle scene. Why not show The Warriors Three and Sif kick a little more butt???!!??
I think that all of the deleted scenes should have been included in the film, with the exception of the Loki in Cap's costume scene. It was still funny, and Hiddleston's American accent was on point, but I think that was just an alternate take in case Chris Evans was unavailable to do it.

:up: I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure it's still not exactly what you wanted, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it more than before.

Most Marvel Studios films get better upon repeat viewings for me, I appreciate more the second time around.

What did people think about the deleted scenes?

I really think they should have kept three of them in the film without question.

1) The Thor/Frigga scene right after she visits Loki in the prison. That was wonderful and adds depth to the Frigga and Loki relationship.

2) Jane doing research. The best thing about the scene is the exploration of Jane's guilt over
Frigga's death
. It's brief but it needed to be addressed to show that Jane is distraught and blames herself but Thor does not.

3) The extended Vanaheim battle scene. Why not show The Warriors Three and Sif kick a little more butt???!!??

They were nice but I was more interested in seeing some of the scenes that they didn't included as deleted scenes. Feige did say that it would be around 30 minutes of deleted scenes and the ones I looked forward to the most was the extended stuff from the prologue. How Bor killed Malekith's family etc.

So, can anyone list the store exclusives for this? I'm thinking about picking it up, (hopefully my opinion on the film changes), but is there a steelbook or anything from Best Buy? IM3 had nothing. :/

So, can anyone list the store exclusives for this? I'm thinking about picking it up, (hopefully my opinion on the film changes), but is there a steelbook or anything from Best Buy? IM3 had nothing. :/

A Necessary Evil, here's a list:

http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/...ive_thor_the_dark_world_content#ixzz2uONmLm4s

The Best Buy steel book was sold out a few hours after release around my location, and many other posters said they had a similar problem. I don't know if that is something BB restocks.

Saw the film again finally, really enjoyed it more this time around, what saves it for me is Hemsworth and Hiddlestons performances. The acting is pretty decent in general. Just man this could have been soooo much more a real missed opportunity IMO i agree some of the cut scenes should have remained in the film.

That'd be a shame, but thanks!

Keep an eye out if you visit some Best Buys, while some will be cleanly soled out others might have a few just waiting to get picked up. Consider the Best Buy's that are kinda of hidden/forgotten.

I would love to go out today and search, but since it's March, it had to go and, you know, snow. :o

Hopefully tomorrow, because it's my last day off before working this week.

I would love to go out today and search, but since it's March, it had to go and, you know, snow. :o

Hopefully tomorrow, because it's my last day off before working this week.

Yep. Flippin' ridiculous. I'm so over winter.

Honestly, if at this point, it was 95 degrees for the rest of the year, I wouldn't complain. Even with how VA's weather is terribly humid.

When I watched TDW in the movies, I didn't like it much. But now, having watched twice on BR, it became one of my favorites from the MCU!

Well, I lucked out :D

1897814_370239863117641_680134163_n.jpg

It was the last one, the guy told me you could only get it if pre-ordered...and I saw it at the last second. :up:

^ Hmmm. I'm wondering if each location only got a few extras beyond the pre-orders, then. Oh well. Glad you saw it!

I mean, you should look, I didn't think I would find it, but I did :D

Good luck!

i cant believe this scene was deleted

[YT]4Ybnlsnbqgk[/YT]

it shows that Thor is an experienced fighter, and not ultra-dependent of his hammer.

i really liked the movie though. it stands in the top 3 below Iron Man and Avengers.

In modern day depictions of Thor Marvel has this unrelenting agenda to have Thor ultra dependent on Mjolnir.

I don't think that's the reason they cut the scene though. If they definitely wanted him that way it wouldn't have been shot at all.

That's one of the scenes I wish they would have kept though.

In modern day depictions of Thor Marvel has this unrelenting agenda to have Thor ultra dependent on Mjolnir.

sadly. because it seemed that they were aiming the other way. for example, in Avengers (which was, in my opinion, the movie which had Thor best depicted-if that makes any sense:huh: -) he stops Hulk's arm from crushing him ( if Hulk did that to...say, Iron Man, he would be a Coke can after that) and he punches Hullk (without THAT much effort) and makes him turn over.

when i saw that for the first time, being a Thor fan, i was like "Holy :wow:, that was awesome"

sorry for the english, and for the lots of brackets:yay:

Anyone have issues downloading the extra's off I-Tunes?
The movie's downloading okay but the extra's had issues and stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"