Ego: The Dark World

Look at it this way, colors are brighter in comics. Thor's hair is yellow. Not blonde but yellow. His pants are royal blue. Malekith's face is powder blue! Y'know? Like Ego might as well be black. Purple is just a stylized black.

So picture him Black. Perhaps without a nose/beard. With or without eyes. Now, imagine the energy our own planet would have if it were alive. Our Earth is something like 70 quintillion tons, so massive it emits a gravitational pull of ~10m/s, sucking everything in its vicinity in and never letting it leave AND 99% of it consists of molten metals. Now, if that doesn't intimidate you, give it a brain and a stomach...

Let's say Odin, when referencing the darkness before time means some sort of Dark Energy/Matter that made up all of existence. Darkness known as Ego. Some of it survived (with help from the Space Gem?) and formed a sentient planet shaped object.

Last edited:
Ego's already a living planet so I don't think he needs a power up, but Malekith on the other hand surely would.

I know you are gunna hate this, but it is starting to seem like MCU Malekith is more powerful than Thor

I'm still hoping he sends Jane to Hel in order to lure Thor away from the overall battle/war because he knows his chances of victory are appreciably less if Thor's around to fight.

But yeah, Ego. I don't think so.

I'm still hoping he sends Jane to Hel in order to lure Thor away from the overall battle/war because he knows his chances of victory are appreciably less if Thor's around to fight.

Good point.

But yeah, Ego. I don't think so.

I'm not nearly as sold on the Ego idea as I once was, either....but then there *is* that whole "rock ship" thing going on in the trailer with Malekith, like maybe it's a part of Malekith's world that he literally remains attached to as he travels between worlds or something....and that could hint at Ego. Definitely not the comic-book "talking planet," of course, but just an unnamed sentient world that forms a symbiotic relationship with Malekith or something. Brings in a whole new sci-fi angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"