Eidos Montreal's Thief

Loved the old Thief games, need to see more of this one to be convinced yet though.

Thief developer diary steals a quick glance at Garrett’s backstory

18 Comments
at 06:28pm July 1 2013

[YT]rDLp9k9ebR8[/YT]

You don’t get to develop a gravelly voice or kleptomania through anything as quaint as a happy childhood, that’s for sure. This new dev diary from Eidos Montreal reveals the backstory behind Thief’s protagonist, Garrett—and as you may have guessed, his early years were disappointingly bereft of cuddles.

Source: PC gamer

This isn't a reboot right? All the stuff like the druid plucking out his eye (hence the eyepiece) are all still relevent?

they said it was. but this is a story that stands on it's own.

Deus Ex Developer Eidos Montreal Give A Tour Of Their Studio. July 5, 2013 . 8:30am

Eidos Montreal have shared a new video tour of their studio, which developed Deus Ex: Human Revolution and is currently working on the upcoming Thief reboot
Eidos Montreal have shared a new video tour of their studio, which developed Deus Ex: Human Revolution and is currently working on the upcoming Thief reboot. The video introduces various members of the development team and gives a look at their workspace. Watch it below:

[YT]PR8G02PhN0U[/YT]

Thief is in development for a 2014 release.

source:Siliconera

Last edited:
well it's finally been dated

Trailers

Thief Steals a Release Date

Mark your calendars, because Square Enix has announced that the new Thief game will emerge from the shadows on February 25. It'll be available on the PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4. The new game is being developed by Eidos Montreal, the same studio behind the critically-acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

source: EPD.TV/ROTR

well it's finally been dated

Trailers

Thief Steals a Release Date

Mark your calendars, because Square Enix has announced that the new Thief game will emerge from the shadows on February 25. It'll be available on the PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4. The new game is being developed by Eidos Montreal, the same studio behind the critically-acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

source: EPD.TV/ROTR

Excellent! I'm playing through the first game so hopefully I will have played the later two installments by then!

and here's the box art.

• Thief Box Art Revealed

News
    on Aug 16, 2013 at 04:56 PM
    ps3-icon.png
    pc-icon.png
    xbox360-icon.png
    ps4-icon.png
    xboxone-icon.png

Garrett's going to reach out and grab you.
    ... More

• Thief Preview – Garrett Reemerges With New Screens & Artwork

Preview
    on Aug 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    ps4-icon.png

A dozen-plus images give us a new look at Garrett's heavily-shadowed playground and the enemies within it.
    ... More

source:GI

Last edited:

Previews

Bringing Thief to Next-Gen

Jose sneaks up on Thief producer Stephane Roy to find out how the team is using next-gen technology to deliver a more immersive stealth game.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Thief Special Edition On PC Comes With Thief II Inspired Mission. September 27, 2013 . 3:02pm

A “Master Thief” edition of the upcoming Thief game from Eidos Montreal will be available for PC as a digital download, Square Enix have announced.

A “Master Thief” edition of the upcoming Thief game from Eidos Montreal will be available for PC as a digital download, Square Enix have announced. The Master Thief edition will be released via the Square Enix store and other major digital distributors on February 25th in North America.

The Master Thief edition comes will the following items:

• A digital art book with concept art.
  • A digital comic that explores the Thief world.
  • A booster pack of optional in-game consumables.
  • Thief soundtrack.
  • The Bank Heist in-game mission with exclusive security measures. An homage to the Bank mission in Thief II: The Metal Age.

Thief is in development for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
source:Siliconera

Hope that Thief II mission comes to consoles as DLC!

Trailers

First Gameplay Trailer for Thief

New Thief Trailer Finally Gives A Peek At Gameplay. October 9, 2013 . 12:09pm

In the video, you’ll get to see Garrett sneak around, pinch wallets, crack safes and more in first-person perspective.

Square Enix have shared a gameplay trailer for Thief that finally shows off in-game footage from the upcoming title. In the video below, you’ll get to see Garrett sneak around, pinch wallets, crack safes and more in first-person perspective.

[YT]OELJ8qZ8Fe8[/YT]

Thief will be available for PC, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on February 25th, 2014 in North America.

Source:EPD.TV/ROTR & Siliconera

Thief interview — mission structure, complexity, lessons from Deus Ex: Human Revolution

32 Comments
at 06:32pm October 10 2013
Eidos Montreal’s latest gig shaping its Thief reboot treads a fine and shadowy line. The modern entry to the esteemed stealth series has the cautious attention of franchise fans who’ve long awaited a new Thief, but it’s also mixing the new in with the tried-and-true: a grittier and more involved Garrett, an all-revealing Focus mechanic, and a conservative jumping/climbing control scheme.

Eidos ditches new XP system for Thief reboot

11 Comments
at 11:51pm October 16 2013
Mountains of lofty expectations and nostalgia-drenched skepticism fell upon the Thief reboot as soon as it was unveiled. Eidos Montreal’s upcoming stealth-em-up will attempt to revitalize the lauded PC franchise that last saw an entry in 2004. So far, Tom is among the skeptical due to various deviations from the classic games, among other problems. However, one of the design elements not part of the original series will no longer be present in this iteration.

Previews

Bringing Thief to Next-Gen

Jose sneaks up on Thief producer Stephane Roy to find out how the team is using next-gen technology to deliver a more immersive stealth game.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Eidos Montreal Taking QTEs Out Of Thief Following Fan Feedback. November 15, 2013 . 9:00am

This is actually the second time that Eidos have publicly acknowledged a major change made to Thief following negative feedback from the community.

Thief developer Eidos Montreal are taking QTEs out of the game due to fan feedback, the studio revealed on its official blog today. Fielding a question from a fan regarding how QTEs would be implemented, Eidos’ Valerie Bourdeau replied:
I was hoping someone would ask. Easy, we’re not implementing them. To begin with, there were very few instances of QTEs in the game; in fact there was only one in that whole hour-long E3 demo. However, given the strong reactions it evoked in the press and the community, it was an easy decision to do away with them entirely. So we’re not doing it. No quick time.

This is actually the second time that Eidos have publicly acknowledged a major change made to Thief following negative feedback from the community. Last month, they revealed that they were abandoning the experience system in the game, following a negative reaction to a scene showing “Headshot XP” during E3 earlier in the year.

source: Siliconera

Man I hope this is good. Such a fan of the originals, I'm glad they took out the QTE, they had no business in Thief. That takes away from the experience and tension that the stealth/shadows brought.

Im surprised devs even add QTE's in their games in the first place. I think its pretty much unanimous that gamers don't like em.

[YT]mxOvDzujFcA[/YT]

I dug the trailer, I've never played the other games but I might pick this up.

Im liking what i see so far. Still not completely committed tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"