El Mayimbe vs The Hype

The sad thing is he shows all signs of a severe personality disorder and probably needs professional help, yet enough people around him constantly clap him on his back and make his delusions worse, it seems.
Da7e should have acted months ago

He's just a troll who comes here for 'scoops' and blames us when the people who obviously don't know anything manage to convince him otherwise. We should just ignore him.

And am I seeing things or did C. Lee just make a 'Call Me Maybe' joke?

No. I saw it too...
The end times are near people!!!!!
I am the 5th Horseman of the Apocalypse.

But that's a great song..... who doesn't like that song? :huh:
The point was....if I (the Ancient One) mention a pop reference....that reference is now not only old....it is so old it has turned to dust and made a mess on someone's shoes.

My question is, why do all these guys read the SHH forums? To check up on what's being said about LR or El Maybe?

Also, looks like someone said SHH is being "needlessly petty". Not sure whether the SHH main site or the forums were the intended target there, but still, the only ones being petty are El Maybe and his loyal clan. We're essentially talking amongst ourselves and reacting to his "news" and "scoops", while El Maybe (the "professional" website runner/scooper) is taking pot shots at another website and its forums on social media.
From what I have looked through....I think he is talking about the main site and our owner Mirko. Apparently back in January in 2013 he created a thread to give his scoops on here...Mirko deleted it and told him to stop advertising his stuff on here....he didn't post on here again until November 2013, that's when poster Mike_D202 apparently said some bad things about him and a scoop about the upcoming Batsuit....el whoseits then posted on here a link to his attacking Mike_D202 on his twit account....so he was banned for trolling and flaming posters on here.

Whenever someone mentions El Mayimbe this should be the response.

2696971-yrzlkfc.gif
That's what I did.....had to go searching.

All EM here is doing is projecting his own frustration with his inability to land real scoops (instead of spinning rumors out of random hearsay from obscure, unverified sources) at some people who see EM for who he really is - a charlatan with an extremely inflated sense of self worth.

I'm still waiting for Star Lord to send Tony a distress signal and watch Iron Man fly into space at the end of Iron Man 3.

I would have more respect of the dude if he realized what he does. His job is to find out rumors. If he treated them as rumors instead gospel truth people would respect him more.

He doesn't have a job. All he does is sit on his fat butt all day waiting for insiders looking to leak info. That isn't a job. There is no talent or hard work involved with what he is doing. Tweeting and blogging isn't hard. He isn't an industry insider or industry veteran. He's basically a nerd with no life that has made a business out of other's work/knowledge. I give him props for carving out an income source but his narcissism is hilariously pathetic. You are no one El Maybe. Get off your high horse. You are a fellow nerd that's gotten lucky.

Most of what he posts are rumors anyways. They have no real substance (see laundry list of stuff he's been wrong on). He's basically Nostredumass.

I'm still waiting for Star Lord to send Tony a distress signal and watch Iron Man fly into space at the end of Iron Man 3.

That was the exact moment I stopped believing EVERYTHING he said when it didn't happen. :( Even though I was sketchy on him before.

But Funko released a space armor toy! And they sent a cease and desist! It must mean they changed the script of the whole movie just to mess with him!

I don't know why someone so high and mighty would waste any precious time visiting this "troll-hive" to begin with.

Maybe El Maybe will tease the answer on Twitter for five months.

Last edited:
I for one am looking forward to Avengers 3 World War Hulk.

As irritating as Mayimbe is, honestly, the fron age story is no more verified than The original "scoop", yet it was written as a confirmed denial. I can understand Mayimbe's being upset, but this is a tad ridiculous.

As irritating as Mayimbe is, honestly, the fron age story is no more verified than The original "scoop", yet it was written as a confirmed denial. I can understand Mayimbe's being upset, but this is a tad ridiculous.

Why should he be upset? He is offering a 'scoop' without any confirming information. Is everyone just supposed to take his word that it's true? Hell No...not after the fake script scandal.
More than one site reached out to it's sources to find out of it's true. Another site directly contacted Sony, who denied it was true.

Wait JJ Abrams directing Star Wars was before Ben was cast as Batman?

Pretty sure JJ was confirmed early 2013. Ben was cast August or September.

Today in the ridiculous file...El Mayimbe of Latino Review took a few pot shots at Superherohype.

Umberto Gonzalez ‏@elmayimbe
The scoop trade is getting to a point where more time is spent debunking ridiculousness on Reddit, fake trailers, & SHH forum nonsense. Smh.

Maybe if you put more time into confirming 'rumors' and less time in gassing them up you wouldn't get fooled by fake scripts.

Umberto Gonzalez @elmayimbe
Don't care what trolls say on SHH. Like most superhero sites, they couldn't break a bottle let alone a scoop even if it was handed to them.

1) It's not that hard to break a scoop. Anyone with internet can do that. So let's not pretend that this is some super hard job. It's not. 2) SHH is not a scoop site. It's a news site.

Umberto Gonzalez ‏@elmayimbe
@TheSpencerPerry I moderate my own forums & don't let cornablls disrespect my colleagues. Instant ban. Unfortunately, I don't get same.

Newsflash. Not everyone is going to like you. The internet and SHH is a place for people to come together and complain about everything. If you want to set yourself up as a celebrity scooper then you have to deal with people who don't like you. That is a fact of life.
also it's not disrespect to call you out on your wrong scoops. You got played by someone with a fake scoop. When people do dumb things other people like to laugh at that. The Daily Show makes a living off that.
So please scoop away. It is your right...just like it's my right to go..."Meh, I'll wait 'til the studios confirm that before I believe it."

Guys, he's not wrong. We do mostly complain about things.

Eh Maybe is the new Jett, or soon to be.

Why should he be upset? He is offering a 'scoop' without any confirming information. Is everyone just supposed to take his word that it's true? Hell No...not after the fake script scandal.
More than one site reached out to it's sources to find out of it's true. Another site directly contacted Sony, who denied it was true.

I was referring to the SHH article, that used their own anonymous sources to "discredit" Mayimbe's anonymous sources. If I had a "scoop" and another site came out and said I was wrong because they had mystery sources who denied it, I would be a little irritated. And all this on top of the fact that studios deny stuff like this all the time, and it often turns out to have been true all along. So both SHH and Mayimbe are guilty of sensationalizing their own "scoops".

I was referring to the SHH article, that used their own anonymous sources to "discredit" Mayimbe's anonymous sources. If I had a "scoop" and another site came out and said I was wrong because they had mystery sources who denied it, I would be a little irritated. And all this on top of the fact that studios deny stuff like this all the time, and it often turns out to have been true all along. So both SHH and Mayimbe are guilty of sensationalizing their own "scoops".

I was referring to that too. May Be has been wrong before...especially when it comes to anything on BvS. No one should take his 'scoops' at face value. Each website has a responsibility to their own readers. If SHH reached out to it's sources and they were told it was not true then they should report that...regardless how someone feels about the debunking.

I was referring to that too. May Be has been wrong before...especially when it comes to anything on BvS. No one should take his 'scoops' at face value. Each website has a responsibility to their own readers. If SHH reached out to it's sources and they were told it was not true then they should report that...regardless how someone feels about the debunking.

I guess I just took issue with the last line: "Don't expect to Spiderman in the MCU anytime soon". They could have posted their anonymous rebuttal without adding that "definitive" line.

I guess I just took issue with the last line: "Don't expect to Spiderman in the MCU anytime soon". They could have posted their anonymous rebuttal without adding that "definitive" line.

SHH is responsible to SHH for their reporting. They don't answer to other websites.
I know people want Spidey in the Marvel movies but that's not SHH's fault...that's between Sony and Marvel.
The sad fact is all signs point him not being in anytime soon...he won't be in Civil War...and if he's not going to be in Avengers 3 that severely limits what movies he'll be in. Does he randomly appear in Dr Strange? Of Black Panther? Or Captain Marvel?

Eh Maybe is the new Jett, or soon to be.

The only problem I have with Jett is how much he puts Batman and the Batman trilogy on a pedestal. Like when he said Avengers wasn't a game changer when it clearly was he was just upset that it topped the Dark Knights box office. He said in his most recent mailbag that Batman will ALWAYS be popular and be WBs money maker. End of the day anything can change, people may get bored of Batman if WBs continues to push and push him.

He's not really one to claim things are happening though, he just offered his thoughts on what he thinks may happen or wants to happen. He just often does it in a condescending way.

El Mayimbe is not only condescending but he spouts ******** and claims to have inside knowledge .

But Avengers wasn't a "game changer" it was a REVOLUTION, A REVOLUTION I say! A legend BH/HHH, A LEGEND!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"