A passing thought, from your eternal Lord and Master...

Drakon

I got a rock.
Reaction score
You don't ALWAYS need to have a moving .gif avatar. Some of you always keep them, and that's fine. But, I IMPLORE you, think before you devote yourself to your avatar.

It's not the .gifs that bother me. Some of the ones that are just flashes of different pics are tolerable. One's like hunter rider's current Silver Surfer avatar isn't bad, either, since it's more than just half a second of the same footage, and it has a definate stopping/starting point.

Some of you already either have stills as an avatar, of have a moving avatar that doesn't suck, or is, in fact, damn good. And for that, I give you a good, old fashioned golf clap.

For those who just think I'm hating on you [I'm not], see if you can find some avatars made by the former kings, such as BigRicky, GuyverJay, and Joseph Freefall [Dew's Avatar], and to a lesser extent, Cconn [Good with video avvys], then come back. I'm sure you'll see things differently. :trans:

Que?

You all wish you could have an avatar as cool as the neopolitan.

Drak is talking about Catman specifically. :down:cmad:

oh i can't WAIT til i have 3,000 posts!
my avatar is going to be in that link under "damn good".

*walks in* Oh, thought you were talking about me :D

I think i got a sorta compliment:huh: and poor JAL even in the avvy department he is highlighted:csad::oldrazz:

BTW completely unrelated but any chance of a Silver Surfer smiley ?

It wasn't a diss to JAL. I've no qualms with him, or his Alba. I just think his avvy would look a lot better as a still with a frame.

And smileys, you'd be better off asking Excelsior. He's infinately better than I am.

Drakon said:
It wasn't a diss to JAL. I've no qualms with him, or his Alba. I just think his avvy would look a lot better as a still with a frame.

And smileys, you'd be better off asking Excelsior. He's infinately better than I am.

heh:D i didn;t mean it that way just that of all those jumpy avvies his was the one used:cwink:

I'll do that,i didn't know the bossman was the smiley guy

BTW are these on your ****list ?

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    78.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    78.7 KB · Views: 128
The first one, yes. The second one can be saved.

I worked damn hard to make good posts, not spam and reach 6k so I can have my 100X100 gif avatar and I'm not about to give it up cause you're having a hissy fit!

It really depends on the skill of the person trying to save it. Personally, I'd try to keep the camera in the first angle, and have Surfer just go through there, without the camera moving at all, and loop that. For something a bit easier, I'd just add the logo like you did with your current one.

LadyVader said:
I worked damn hard to make good posts, not spam and reach 6k so I can have my 100X100 gif avatar and I'm not about to give it up cause you're having a hissy fit!
:csad: :csad: :csad:

I'm not having a hissy fit. Consider this more of a PSA of sorts. I'm sharing my thoughts with the world.

And honestly, I didn't even see your avvy until just now.

Well now you've seen it, and you're gonna see it all the time cause I'm keeping it! :D
*waves fist*

Drakon said:
It really depends on the skill of the person trying to save it. Personally, I'd try to keep the camera in the first angle, and have Surfer just go through there, without the camera moving at all, and loop that. For something a bit easier, I'd just add the logo like you did with your current one.

Well i admit i'm not sure how to keep the camera still as the clip is from the trailer and the camera is moving in it as opposed to me panning
the second i could do not that I'm actually changing yet

It'd be just opening two copies of the file, and in the second file, just delete the background, only keeping the Surfer, and then going back to the first file, taking the shot from the first frame, and putting that as the background.

The Rise of the Silver Surfer avatars will phase themselves out(no pun intended) for about a couple months, then return in June and after.

Drakon said:
It'd be just opening two copies of the file, and in the second file, just delete the background, only keeping the Surfer, and then going back to the first file, taking the shot from the first frame, and putting that as the background.

Sounds like that would require Adobe Photoimpact

I like my picture avvys...like Frank, and my future "History of \S/ logos" and I was a HUGE fan of my Husker avvy...:(

79, yours are just flashing stills-nothing too bad with that. I'm refering to the MOVING ones, specifically.

and HR--you can do that in Adobe Imageready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"