Elder Scrolls V - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ are you sure it's delayed?

They've released the PC version today...and the PS 3 supposed to come out the same time as the PC version.I'll check again later today if i were you.

so what's this I hear about Dawnguard being delayed for the PS3?? :(

c'mon Bethesda. I mean........if it seems you have a hard time programming games for the PS3.........perhaps you should stop producing games for the PS3 and just stick with XBOX and PC........

You would rather them not come out at all than have to wait a bit?

well, it seems like out of the 3 platforms, the PS3 version seems to have the most problems.

and not just Skyrim, but Fallout 3 and New Vegas had issues. or at least that's what PS3 users have complained about.

it just seems like there is a pattern, and the PS3 fans have felt they keep getting the short end of the stick with the Beth games.

and now, we have this delay. why isn't Dawnguard ready yet for the PS3? they've had all this time to work on it, in addition to the 30 day exclusivity window on the 360.

I mean, it's great that at least they're upfront with it and telling people about the delay (instead of releasing it when it's not ready).

but, it just feeds into the pattern/perception that they seem to have trouble with the PS3, moreso than on the other platforms.

and if you find yourself having trouble, you either learn the platform better (although, by know, with Fallout 3, NV, and now Skyrim, there's really no excuse).

or, you outsource the work to another developer more familiar with the PS3 (didn't they do that with Oblivion for the PS3).

or, you admit that you are not experts on that platform and prefer to stick with the other platforms instead.

^^ they won't outsource it...and the other option, just quitting on PS3 altogether won't make you happy either.

I undertsand your frustration, and if it's any consolation, the delay will probably won't be that long.

yeah....hopefully it won't be too long.......

That said...i haven't played Skyrim for about couple of months now. So i'll wait till i'm in the mood again to play Skyrim before i buy Dawnguard.

Same here, I was about to buy it and then I just remembered I haven't played it in a while. And I'm currently playing other stuff anyways. It's not like the DLC is going anywhere.

Damn! nice job dude! i'm not playing Skyrim right now, but i'll DL just to give you endorsement!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...goes-live-on-xbox-360-this-week-ps3-next-week

Skyrim patch 1.7 launches on Thursday, 9th August on Xbox 360 worldwide, Bethesda has announced.
On that day it launches on PlayStation 3, but only in the US. PS3-owning Europeans have to wait untl next week. The patch is already available on PC.
Patch 1.7 includes features PS3 players missed out on from the 1.6 update, such as mounted combat. It also includes a number of bug fixes and memory and stability optimisations. On Xbox 360 it improves recognition with Kinect voice commands.

Just voice commands

that's cool... do you need the entire set-up of kinect in order to use voice commands, or is there a solitary piece you can get to use voice commands, like the headphone piece, for example?

that's cool... do you need the entire set-up of kinect in order to use voice commands, or is there a solitary piece you can get to use voice commands, like the headphone piece, for example?

There is no headphone piece...? The Kinect is just one thing: The black sensor. Nothing else comes with it. That one black sensor has motion and voice sensors in it.

Crap in a bucket!!! I buy Skyrim for the PC and my laptop can't handle it because it lacks a necessary driver. Oh the humanity!!! :(

Cant you just download the driver?

I don't know where to get it. The error message states that my Laptop can't handle the driver anyway. Besides, this PC is pretty old, like 5 years old and it can barely handle The Sims 3.

If you can barely handle the Sims 3 then you definetly won't be able to run this well or at all. I had to get a whole new graphics card for it bc mine was too outdated for it

You want a dedicated graphics card for any laptop you want to play games on. Most have an integrated one which is fine for the normal tasks and some older games, but anything intensive it will barely be able to run. I remember my laptop I got 4 years ago could BARELY run Oblivion or MVP Baseball 2005.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/20/s...ark-could-be-followup-to-dawnguard-expansion/

Skyrim publisher files for 'Hearthfire' trademark, which could be follow-up to Dawnguard expansion
The Dawnguard expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is still missing from the PlayStation 3, but this doesn’t mean we can’t start unearthing information about the next bit of content for the open-world role-playing game.
Bethesda’s parent company, Zenimax, recently filed for a new trademark. The company submitted a request to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the word “Hearthfire.” Also sometimes called Heartfire, Hearthfire is the fictional ninth month of the calendar in Tamriel, the setting for The Elder Scrolls.
The official documentation from the USPTO lists the nature of the trademark as follows: “Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices.”
We contacted Bethesda about the possibility that Hearthfire is the title for the next piece of Skyrim downloadable content. A representative for the studio replied that it does not comment on trademark filings.
Hearthfire correlates with our September. According to The Elder Scrolls lore, the third of that month is Tales and Tallows, an unofficial holiday that celebrates the dark magic of necromancy. Necromancers primarily deal in reanimating the dead. This has led some to speculate that Hearthfire could be Skyrim’s version of Undead Nightmare, which brought zombies into wild-west simulator Red Dead Redemption.
Of course, hearth is also the floor of a fireplace, so maybe this will add a quest to become a lovable chimney sweep. We’ve seen too many zombies. I’m voting for the chimney sweeps
The Dawnguard expansion for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is still missing from the PlayStation 3, but this doesn’t mean we can’t start unearthing information about the next bit of content for the open-world role-playing game.
Bethesda’s parent company, Zenimax, recently filed for a new trademark. The company submitted a request to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the word “Hearthfire.” Also sometimes called Heartfire, Hearthfire is the fictional ninth month of the calendar in Tamriel, the setting for The Elder Scrolls.
The official documentation from the USPTO lists the nature of the trademark as follows: “Computer game software for use with computers and video game consoles; downloadable computer game software offered via the internet and wireless devices.”
We contacted Bethesda about the possibility that Hearthfire is the title for the next piece of Skyrim downloadable content. A representative for the studio replied that it does not comment on trademark filings.
Hearthfire correlates with our September. According to The Elder Scrolls lore, the third of that month is Tales and Tallows, an unofficial holiday that celebrates the dark magic of necromancy. Necromancers primarily deal in reanimating the dead. This has led some to speculate that Hearthfire could be Skyrim’s version of Undead Nightmare, which brought zombies into wild-west simulator Red Dead Redemption.
Of course, hearth is also the floor of a fireplace, so maybe this will add a quest to become a lovable chimney sweep. We’ve seen too many zombies. I’m voting for the chimney sweeps.

Last edited:
I hope this one has some actual new areas to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"