Elder Scrolls V - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I ended up skipping Dawnguard, due to feedback from some people I know, but I'm really waiting for a Point Lookout/Shivering Isles style DLC down the line. The thing I really love about these games is exploration. So here's to hoping Hearthfire takes us to some new places. :up:

Sweet. Bethesda has my money until they stop making dlc for this title. I'd purchase any content for this game without a description. I'm deff hoping for a big expansion tho.

Dawnguard doesn't even have a release date for the PS3. I'm pretty turned off of the DLC at this point.

I'll probably do both DLCs together when this one comes out. Was there any reason given for the PS3 delay? Bit strange.

"It's not ready." Unofficially, "We at Bethesda still haven't bothered to learn how to program games for the PS3."

Haha bit late. They're probably going to wait for the PS4 before they learn it.

Speaking of which, next gen Elder Scrolls..you can have my money now.

You can't really single out Bethesda. There are lots of developers who have trouble with the PS3. In fact, on a recent podcast I listened to one of them said that there are speciality freelance game devs who other large studios will hire to come in and essentially make the PS3 version of their games work right.

Dawnguard doesn't even have a release date for the PS3. I'm pretty turned off of the DLC at this point.

Thats becuzz they ps3 is the suxxxx! Rabble rabble fanboy rant. long livez xbox360!!!

But like Soapy said, its not all on Bethesda. That system is a ***** to code for, especially when it comes to multi plat titles. Thats why a lot of devs switched to using the PS3 as the lead platform as its far easier to port to the 360 or PC than it is going from one of them to the PS3. Im not sure exactly what it is tho. Have any devs come out and said why that system is such an unfriendly system to work with?

It is on Bethesda, because it's their game. And it's their crappy track record from their previous games. I got problems with other devs too, but this is the Skyrim thread. And the fact remains, that they don't really care about the ps3.

:sbr:

wow, after reading all of this, im kinda happy i got a 360 instead of a PS3

`So i've finally bought Dawnguard! 20 Euro's well spent definitely!

But first, i gotta say that i'm reconsidering all the bad things i've said about Steam. This is the first time i've ever bought anything from Steam...and from the start of purchase, to finally playing the game only took me about 25 minutes or so..heh

And now Dawnguard! haven't finished it yet, but i'm loving every second of it so far! like the fact that the DLC itself is not a separate area but instead are in locations spread out throughout Skyrim. So now you can take your companions with you...and you can keep all your gears too! I'm starting over with a new character and doing Dawnguard quests alongside all the other Skyrim quests...love that!

Another thing i'm thankful for is the fact that Dawguard seems pretty stable. I haven't encountered any major bugs, no freezing and no CTD's. Hopefully it'll stay that way.The problems that i do encounters are mods related ones.

And the one thing i really, really love about Dawnguard...is Serena. FINALLY Bethesda made a companion that is actually an interesting character with personality,and not just a combat drone or a pack mule. I'm a HUGE fan of playing with companions...the more the merrier! love how she always goes into a 'sandbox mode' without you having to tell her to do so. Made her feels more alive. And she got tons of dialoques, and not just plot relevant ones either so yeah...kudos to Beth for finally getting it right!

Not gonna say much about the story ( especially since i haven't finished it yet), but while it's really nothing special, it's good enough to keep you engaged throughout the gameplay, and that's all that matters really.

So yeah...like i say,20 Euros well-freakin'-spent!

^^the junkies capital of the world, my friend...the netherland:oldrazz:

That's quite the claim...but you got beautiful women!

I just read the theory quoted above about the next DLC having something to do with zombies. I doubt it for two reasons: Zombies wouldn't really suit Skyrim (in my opinion) and we've already got dungeons full of Draugr.

Like 'Pat, Bethesda practically has my money already for as long as they keep producing DLC. Because I'm on a Skyrim-break right now it's difficult to imagine what more I'd want from the game, but sooner or later I'd definitely like to see the Aldremi Dominion make their move, possibly even a full scale invasion. Leading some kind of underground rebellion as High Elves march the streets and roads like Stormtroopers would be pretty neat.

Like 'Pat, Bethesda practically has my money already for as long as they keep producing DLC. Because I'm on a Skyrim-break right now it's difficult to imagine what more I'd want from the game, but sooner or later I'd definitely like to see the Aldremi Dominion make their move, possibly even a full scale invasion. Leading some kind of underground rebellion as High Elves march the streets and roads like Stormtroopers would be pretty neat.

Yea that would be cool. Like u, I'm not sure what I'd really want going forward. I just want more and it doesn't really matter what it is

For 400MSP I'll buy Hearthfire. Anything more and I'd pass. It looks cool, but I feel like the novelty might wear off kinda quick. Anyway, I suppose it will give me something more to do in Skyrim.

Ehhhhhhh...that was sort of my reaction. I was waiting the entire video for them to go "Also, we added this!" But no, it's just house building.

That sounds *incredibly* greedy. The house building thing is very cool, but it's not at all what I (and probably a lot of others players) were expecting. Adopting kids is neat too! But these seem like things that could/should be extras in a larger packs. Would I be wrong in saying that the kind of DLC most Skyrim players want involves new story, new areas, new creatures, etc?

It does look cool. Being able to build your own home is a great addition to the game. Personally though, I'm not sure I'll get it right away. I'll probably get it later, after some more story focused/bigger DLC has come out.

EDIT: It just occurred to me, I wonder how many land plots there are to purchase? Surely they're per-determined areas, it seems really unlikely (and probably quite difficult from a developer's point of view) to be able to pick any spot of land you like.

Last edited:
Would I be wrong in saying that the kind of DLC most Skyrim players want involves new story, new areas, new creatures, etc?
Nope. I'm sure that's what most people are looking for and it's a bit surprising given the early talk of how big the DLCs were going to be and how much they were dedicating to making them. At 400 MSP there's nothing to complain about with this release but I hope we are getting some large scale hardcore Skyrim story/exploration DLC with new areas & villains/creatures soon. Don't mind paying 1600 MSP for that when it comes.

Hm, going to have to pass. I barely did anything in my current home, I doubt I'd get much out of a DLC devoted to that. That and the whole kid adoption thing feels a little creepy.

So now we're getting almost all the things we've seen from that dev meeting awhile ago_One thing i'm waiting for the most is the companions options...like making them walk beside you instead of always a few steps behind behind.

I'll be gettin this for sure. great for immersion. I know from all the house mods on FO3 how fun it can be creating your own home. It's more fun than just buying upgrade from the stewards.It's totally different experience!

The child adoption thing... i dunno... Apparently quite a few people wants that option so..* shrugs* could be interesting.

I kinda understand why they want to release this options as separate DLC. It's too much work involved to just released it as a patch. It's good idea too as it adds to the immersion factor. Anyone who ever played 'real time settler' ( which was a VERY popular mod at the time,which basically the same thing as this...only it's villages instead of houses) mod for FO3 can tell you this.

so yeah...i'll be getting this.

EDIT: It just occurred to me, I wonder how many land plots there are to purchase? Surely they're per-determined areas, it seems really unlikely (and probably quite difficult from a developer's point of view) to be able to pick any spot of land you like.

If you have to purchase lands first, then yeah. It'll be on pre determined areas. That mod i was talking about lets you sets up vilages , houses anywhere on the map. It was a very popular mod,even featured on game magazines...so trust me, building these things yourself can be fun.

I think the Hearthfire DLC sounds pretty sweet. For me, it'll all depend on how customizable the houses are. I freakin' loved the DLC houses in Oblivion, and even though I'm not expecting that level of epicness, if Hearthfire just has one cookie-cutter style house (the wooden cabin or whatever) that you can sort-of-kind-of customize, I'll be passing.

But, if you can pick between different styles (creepy brick fortress, thieves-style den, etc.) then I'm in for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"