• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Elemental - Pixar's newest movie

these type of movies are basically full length toy ads...

the real money is in merchandising...

so they'll still make plenty of money off this property

plus they still got stream release, dvd release,...

just barely breaking even in BO, isn't going to hurt them any

these type of movies are basically full length toy ads...

the real money is in merchandising...

so they'll still make plenty of money off this property

plus they still got stream release, dvd release,...

just barely breaking even in BO, isn't going to hurt them any
For movies like Toy Story and Cars, sure, but it's not like stores are selling out of Elemental toys.

For movies like Toy Story and Cars, sure, but it's not like stores are selling out of Elemental toys.
the beauty of it all is, rather the toys actually sale or not is irrelevant, as they license out the rights to the character(s) to the different toy company's.... and make money either way (idk some of the licensing deal(s) might be based on a % of sales or something like that, so sales are somewhat relevant) but, still

the beauty of it all is, rather the toys actually sale or not is irrelevant, as they license out the rights to the character(s) to the different toy company's.... and make money either way (idk some of the licensing deal(s) might be based on a % of sales or something like that, so sales are somewhat relevant) but, still
Either way, the amount of money they're making off licensing Elemental is nowhere near the amount of one of their more popular IPs like Toy Story, Cars or The Incredibles.

Another maniacal budget from Disney (200 million??). It's a film I'll happily check out when it's streaming for no extra cost, but I don't see any reason to watch it theatrically.

Enjoyed this even more the second time. This is a gorgeous looking film with a good story and fun characters.

I watched it last night. It was a nice message wrapped up in good animation, par the course for Pixar. Going by their most recent movies I'd rank it above Onward, Luca and Lightyear but below Soul and Turning Red.

This was great. Awesome animations and the premise is probably one of the most clever Pixar ever made

Like I've said before, I want Disney to be releasing a new PiXar movie every 2 years instead of annually or twice a year.

With Elio and Inside Out 2 coming out neXt year, I doubt all kids/families really want to be spending money twice for a PiXar movie in a single year. Chances are some would just wait for Inside Out 2 in June, or if theyve seen Elio in March in theaters and didn't like it, they probably wouldn't check out Inside Out 2 in the cinemas months later.

These animated films need to feel more special and appear more like an event. PiXar films in the 2000s felt more like an event/special imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"