Elfman vs. Young

SpiderB said:
Apparently, Elfman didn't feel like Raimi was giving him enough freedom. Elfman wanted to play around with the music a bit, but Raimi was very attached to the music he had already created and didn't want him to change it so much. Elfman has had some pretty nasty things to say about Raimi, too.

As much as I love Elfman's music, he does seem to come off as something of a jerk. I believe the problem he had with Raimi is the same problem that caused his falling out with Tim Burton years ago.

His problem with Burton was a different story. They were just spending too much time together. It was a brother-type feud. They eventually got over it.

Visionary said:
If I was, I'd burn all my music sheets and recording studio, then throw out my instruments...and give up composing forever.:p

wow...you really think he's that bad?

Tony Stark said:
Elfman's best work was back in the early 90's. His recent scores have sucked pretty bad. He got into this minimalist stage where he doesn't use thematic element. Listen to the Hulk soundtrack and you'll see what I mean.

His work on Charlie and the Chocolate factory was even more rediculous. And not much of anything people would listen to outside the movie.

The best sountrack he ever wrote was Nightmare Before Christmas, a close second would be Dick Tracy.

I agree completely. But I love the music he's done for Spider-Man, and for the sake of consistency, I really don't want to hear it change now. And I'm glad somebody else appreciates the Dick Tracy score! Very underrated in my opinion.

I hope the Spidey Suite is like in SM1 and SM2, almost the same but adding parts of the Goblin/Dock Ock Suit.... I guess this time will be Sandman-Goblin-Venom-mysterious4thvillain Suite...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"