WandaVision Elizabeth Olsen is Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch

well... pretty much a garden, where no one feels that claustrophobic during quarantine

I hope we get back to her more comic book accurate dark hair in this one - should be black but even a dark brown like in ULTRON would be nice...

I hope we get back to her more comic book accurate dark hair in this one - should be black but even a dark brown like in ULTRON would be nice...
Her hair isnt black nor should it be. She was colored like that early on in the 60s but her official stats list her as auburn so the reddish brown is accurate despite some consistencies you'll see when she is colored in the books

Looks like her hair was black until around Avenger #81, October 1970 - her current hair color came from INFINITY WAR when she changed it in an effort to go into hiding and for some reason it has stuck. At least it should go back to the darker brown tones of AGE OF ULTRON.

Elizabeth is just so good at this. You can see how happy wanda is but every now and then you can see the sadness too. You just know, somewhere deep down she knows this can’t be true. It’s like watching an alcoholic think they’ll have just one more drink and then quit for good tomorrow

Elizabeth is just so good at this. You can see how happy wanda is but every now and then you can see the sadness too. You just know, somewhere deep down she knows this can’t be true. It’s like watching an alcoholic think they’ll have just one more drink and then quit for good tomorrow

Honestly, I don't even think alcoholic. My own read is that this is totally Black Lotus "For The Man Who Has Everything" territory.
After all, she starts questioning things as being odd, either vocally or with clear facial expressions, practically from the first scene of the first episode. It almost feels like the "perfect 50s sitcom antics" aren't so much deeply appealing fantasies to immerse in, as they are obstacles to *distract* her, because when she's dealing with Hilarity Of The Episode, she doesn't have as much time to poke at the seams of her world. And when she does get the chance to do so, she absolutely does poke at those seams.

Lizzie is so versatile. You wouldn't know she had this in her based on the way she plays Wanda in the films (which isn't bad by any means, just pretty solemn). She went full Jim Carrey for most of episode 3 and then by the end turned into Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Amazing.

I can't get over how gorgeous she looks

images

See the accent was back when she left the bubble! It's not rocket science folks. She's trying to live this perfect, idyllic sitcom life cut off from the rest of the world where everything looks and sounds perfect. She's a woman acting out of trauma and desperation. It's believable.

Olsen was great in this episode. The ultimatum scene with SWORD was great. We saw how terrifying Wanda can be. The characterization reminded me of Magneto, but Magneto wouldn't have been quite as merciful as Wanda was.

View attachment 42814

Elizabeth is absolutely adorable in the classic comic book accurate Scarlet Witch attire. She made it work well for her. Can't wait to see her updated outfit in Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness.

She would look magnificent if this were her actual costume in the MCU with some modifications to the material make it look less like a Halloween costume. This looks more like a makeshift one, but it's the difference between the 70s Spider-Man costume and the updated Raimi version from the 2000s. The design was essentially the same but more modern with more expensive materials.

The headdress also looks imposing like Hela's headdress, so I think it works well.

Does anyone have a full length screenshot of Wanda in her Scarlet Witch costume where it also shows her pink tights and red boots?

See the accent was back when she left the bubble! It's not rocket science folks. She's trying to live this perfect, idyllic sitcom life cut off from the rest of the world where everything looks and sounds perfect. She's a woman acting out of trauma and desperation. It's believable.

Olsen was great in this episode. The ultimatum scene with SWORD was great. We saw how terrifying Wanda can be. The characterization reminded me of Magneto, but Magneto wouldn't have been quite as merciful as Wanda was.

Her accent wasn't there in Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame though, so it's not just dependent on the bubble. The question is why did it suddenly emerge last episode when she hasn't had it for 3 films in the real world when she wasn't trying to live an idyllic sitcom life.

Her accent wasn't there in Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame though, so it's not just dependent on the bubble. The question is why did it suddenly emerge last episode when she hasn't had it for 3 films in the real world when she wasn't trying to live an idyllic sitcom life.

The accent was there from what I recall in all those films.

The accent was there from what I recall in all those films.

Not in the same way as it was in Age of Ultron where it was much stronger. I didn't really notice in those other films and others have pointed out that she had seemed to have lost it for those. That's why it was more noticeable when she got it back in WandaVision and it was similar to Age of Ultron.

Not in the same way as it was in Age of Ultron where it was much stronger. I didn't really notice in those other films and others have pointed out that she had seemed to have lost it for those. That's why it was more noticeable when she got it back in WandaVision and it was similar to Age of Ultron.

That's not what I would consider losing the accent though.

That's not what I would consider losing the accent though.

Well she lost in real life, in that Lizzie Olsen wasn't putting on the same accent as she was in Age of Ultron but was speaking more normally similar to how Halle Berry's Storm had an accent in X-Men 1 but lost it for the subsequent films because she couldn't keep it up.

It's just that in the MCU they've tried to find an internal reason to explain where Wanda's accent has gone. But it's more likely that she just wasn't doing it and maybe it was difficult to keep up for all these films, but could manage it for a small scene in WandaVision.

Well she lost in real life, in that Lizzie Olsen wasn't putting on the same accent as she was in Age of Ultron but was speaking more normally similar to how Halle Berry's Storm had an accent in X-Men 1 but lost it for the subsequent films because she couldn't keep it up.

It's just that in the MCU they've tried to find an internal reason to explain where Wanda's accent has gone. But it's more likely that she just wasn't doing it and maybe it was difficult to keep up for all these films, but could manage it for a small scene in WandaVision.

I'm not sure that's what happened. I can hear the accent in this clip. It's clearly there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"