Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff - Elizabeth Olsen

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. jolldan Registered

She went and done a Buzz Lightyear.
    [​IMG]
    Looking forward to seeing what they do with her.

scarlet-witch likes this.
  2. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

I didn't think it was pander-y, it was great to see all the ladies together

I just wish it was an A1 style tracking action shot of all the ladies, rather than a runway walk moment

Spidey17, Xeno and THORin like this.
  3. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well it would've probably looked even less pander-y if it were in a different movie and all the women were having a girls' night out (or in) and then suddenly had to suit up and spring into action. They would have a legitimate reason for all gathering together in the same place. It could've also been a baby shower or hen party.

Maybe they could have something like that when the Fantastic Four join the MCU. They all could be gathered with Sue Storm, and someone bombs their place a la Iron Man 3, or like the end of Endgame. Then Sue automatically shields everyone with her force field and they burst into action.

Spidey17 likes this.
  4. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I love the tin earedness of that take... Super Heroines can only be together believably and it not be "pandering" (this as a criticism of a moment in a movie filled to the brim with fan service) if it's due to a "girls' night out" or a baby shower.

Jesus ****ing Christ...

Everyone... Look at that post and laugh. It's what that opinion deserves.

#181 KRYPTON INC., May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Spidey17, Snow Queen and Mars452 like this.
  5. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Good thing they didn't go with the original take. :o

[​IMG]

6. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Superhero costuming has come a long way. :wow:

ArmsHeldOut likes this.
  7. Vaibow Registered

I hear what you are saying but you used very stereotypical examples. I think the way it was shot, bought way too much attention to it, like it was too on the nose. If it focused on the characters fighting, interlocking and weaving in and out with each other first, then cut to one of them cheering, enjoying the moment, almost as a way for her to say to the rest 'my sisters' without actually saying it, it would have been more effective in my eyes... like when Aquaman shouts 'my man!!' it's obvious he is enjoying the moment, the moment of them all coming together, a moment like that could have been the icing on the cake.

8. Mr. Peanut Registered

Honestly, the deeper issue is that a contrived girl power moment shouldn't even be necessary. Black Widow and Captain Marvel should've each gotten a movie in phase one and two, respectively, and Scarlet Witch should've gotten her own movie as a followup to AoU, followed by a second Captain Marvel sometime in phase 3. Then instead of a single abrupt scene, they could have the female heroes come together in an A-Force movie. Or better yet, just have the Avengers be predominantly female after Endgame and treat it like it's no big deal.

It's like if you're making a cake, and you suddenly realize you forget to add a key ingredient, but you're in a hurry to finish so you haphazardly toss the ingredient in without stirring it in properly so the cake has these weird clumps in it. That's how the MCU's handling of its female characters feels.

9. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

10. Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Both her sisters are chain smokers who look 10-15 years older than they really are.

11. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Ironically I think Olsen is... An okay actress at best coasting on the fact that she's seen as "attractive" but in reality... She's just another skinny chick. A lot of dudes out there jus love them some skinny chicks.

I also feel... Saying she's a better actress than the twins is a bit like damning with faint praise.

12. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Regarding her looks, I don’t to like skinny chicks, but I think Olsen is stunning.

I do think she is a good actress though, she totally sold the moment in IW when she had to kill Vision.

13. AvengerPA Registered

14. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Yeah, being slim helps (and I say this as someone who appreciates different body types), but it's her features and personality that do it for me more than anything else.

As far as her acting chops go, I'm no expert on such things, but I'd say they're slightly above average. I don't imagine that the "twins" are far behind her in that regard, however.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I think she's generally considered far superior to the Olsen twins in her acting ability. Certainly far more acclaimed and respected as a proper actress.

16. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Well, yeah, she's obviously the most experienced and relevant of the three nowadays. I just think that, even as lapsed actresses, the twins can't be too bad given their shared training from an early age.

[​IMG]

17. Bren Forevernoob

She made me see Wanda and believe she has magical'ish' powers.
    Good enough for me...

18. AvengerPA Registered

19. Manasrepublic Registered

Olsen is a terrific actress and was a total bad ass in both Infinity war and Endgame. Even in the Civil War battle she was superb and had one of the best hero intro scenes I’ve seen in a comic book movie. Her breaking out of that wooden house and ripping those robots apart with laser focus while not even looking at them was sublime. Loved all of her work so far

Xeno likes this.
  20. AvengerPA Registered