Daredevil Elodie Yung IS Elektra!

Her wearing thin sandals (that could easily break/fall off) makes no sense. They're totally impractical/unwieldy given her profession.

I like her apparently wearing a mask on the show. That does make sense (that she'd want to hide her identity).

Her wearing thin sandals (that could easily break/fall off) makes no sense. They're totally impractical/unwieldy given her profession.

I like her apparently wearing a mask on the show. That does make sense (that she'd want to hide her identity).

I was only talking about the lower face mask/cover. I hate it when artists draw her barefooted. I'm still hoping we get the head wrap.

They don't even look quite like thin sandals but more like flip flops. Maybe she might wear that if she's training, but not out in the field.

I hope she doesn't wear that mask permanently but shifts it to the top of her head like classic Elektra:

Elektra_Dialogue.png

Maybe she has to hide her identity at first but then becomes known and changes the mask. But if not, I have no problem with her keeping it on the lower half of her face.

Daredevil season 2: First Elektra photo

Daredevil season 2: First Elektra photo
Exclusive: Élodie Yung's character revealed
BY JAMES HIBBERD • @JAMESHIBBERD
Posted December 29 2015 — 12:00 PM EST

Ready for your first glimpse of Elektra?

Marvel’s Daredevil is set to introduce the violent sexy mercenary (The Girl with the Dragon tattoo actress Élodie Yung) in season 2. She’ll complicate Matt Murdoch’s (Charlie Cox) life while he struggles to handle new threats in Hell’s Kitchen, including Frank Castle a.k.a. The Punisher (Jon Bernthal).

Below is a first photo of the actress in the show — albeit without her double-sai-dagger wielding costume on.

“Matt’s a deeply moral complicated guy and she’s just the best bad girlfriend you can possibly have,” showrunner Doug Petrie says. “She does everything wrong and attractive, she’s his id, the wild side. Matt is always taming his wild side. Elektra just lets it out. He’s both repulsed and deeply drawn to that.”

For more Daredevil scoop, check out our first look at The Punisher along with some details on how season 2 makes things even more intense in Hell’s Kitchen.
tumblr_o04qg1q8mo1tlns7wo1_1280.jpg

Elodie looks absolutely gorgeous. Hopefully her costume looks absolutely deadly.

I certainly can't blame Matt for being seduced by that.

Oh yeah...then again, from "World on Fire" we see that he can form a pretty good image of what a person looks like from his other senses. So he probbly can atleast determine that she is pretty.

She definitely will have some sort of assassin garb as it's stated in the article... sort of.
Below is a first photo of the actress in the show — albeit without her double-sai-dagger wielding costume on.

We saw it in those low quality pictures from the set a few weeks back

No idea. It's too low res to tell. I assume it'll be a mix of all her looks. Though it seems to not have a head wrap.

I0opjZU.jpg

He doesn't like anyone using Elektra after he believes he was promised that only he would be allowed to write for the character. He's expressed these sentiments at least since the 90s when Chichester used the character.

Have you read his original Daredevil run? I think he went off the deep end, but I consider that to be in the top five runs of Marvel history.

This might have been discussed here before, but does anyone know why Frank Miller doesn't like the series or Elektra when he hasn't seen one second of footage?

http://www.themarysue.com/frank-miller-predictably-unhappy-w-elektra/

I'll be frank: as a comic book fan I respect what he's done for the genre, but I have never liked any of his work.
He's Frank Miller and very personal about media adaptations of any character he's worked on or books he's written. He's a moody artist type.

A scene from early on in the season between Elektra and Matt was shown at the Netflix presentation today. Hiding it under spoilers for those who might not want to read it... Though it isn't very heavy on actual spoilers.
By far the biggest highlight of the presentation was a clip from season two shown to the audience before the panel discussion. From early in the season, it sees Elektra and Matt Murdock engaged in a tense discussion, after Elektra breaks into Murdock’s apartment. While the scene was carefully selected to avoid giving away greater context, it’s notable in th amount of palpable history between the two characters is conveyed. Years of lingering heartache and regret on both their parts was made clear, and while I don’t want to judge it apart from the episode in which it takes place, it feels like a good sign of things to come. At minimum, this will remain focused on character as much as it is on superheroics.

This might have been discussed here before, but does anyone know why Frank Miller doesn't like the series or Elektra when he hasn't seen one second of footage?

http://www.themarysue.com/frank-miller-predictably-unhappy-w-elektra/

I'll be frank: as a comic book fan I respect what he's done for the genre, but I have never liked any of his work.

it's just click bait, the full miller quote was

"When asked about Elektra's involvement in season two of "Daredevil" at a convention in December, Miller responded that the show "can do whatever they want, that is not her."

in miller's mind comic, elektra will always be real elektra. marvel brought her back to life after they told him they wouldn't, so as far as his POV is concerned the story he told with the character he created ended with his run

i don't necessarily agree with his opinion, but i understand where he's coming from as a creator and marvel going back on their promise to him. she's his baby and marvel used it differently since in the comics

at the same time, miller is obviously outspoken and ruffles people's feathers with his statements frequently so they use stuff like this to unfairly criticize him. he hasn't seen the show, and i'd bet money in vegas that he would like it b/c it's very faithful to his stuff

i believe he's on record saying he liked the batman animated series episode where they adapted DKR

Miller is entitled to his opinion. Doesn't make him a bad guy. Not a fan of much of his recent work, but people are always trying to take him to task for his statements.

Well, he HAS said stupid and offensive things before so it's not like it would be anything new for him. I personally couldn't care less what he thinks about this version of Elektra, or anything really. I personally wish he'd just go away. He was talented once, and I'll always love The Dark Knight Returns, Sin City and some of his other early work. But he sucks now, he's a bigoted old a**hole and no one should seek him out for an opinion on anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"