• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elseworlds you'd like to read

Shemtov

Sidekick
Reaction score
Joker: Clown Prince of Justice:
In an alternate reality, Bruce Wayne was driven insane by his parent's death. He became a criminal mastermind called "The Bat Man". The Cities corrupt Cheif of police, Gordon is in The Bat Man's pocket. He also has an assistant known as "Night-Wing"
Now, a man named Jack Napes wanted the Bat Man gone and went after him. But he was thrown ito acid. However, Napes survived, as the Vigilante known as the Joker. This Joker is remenicant of Rorschach from "Watchmen": he wants justice but he is so insane that he will kill to get it.

Joker: Clown Prince of Justice:
In an alternate reality, Bruce Wayne was driven insane by his parent's death. He became a criminal mastermind called "The Bat Man". The Cities corrupt Cheif of police, Gordon is in The Bat Man's pocket. He also has an assistant known as "Night-Wing"
Now, a man named Jack Napes wanted the Bat Man gone and went after him. But he was thrown ito acid. However, Napes survived, as the Vigilante known as the Joker. This Joker is remenicant of Rorschach from "Watchmen": he wants justice but he is so insane that he will kill to get it.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold did this. I the BBB version of Earth 3, The Joker is one of a handful of heroes fighting against the Crime Syndicate and particularly Owl man. He uses the guise of the Red Hood.

One I'd like to see: Superiorman.

The Kents are irradiated by an exploding UFO. They have a son they name Clark a year or so later. This means Clark is a year/grade behind Pete and Lana.

This is the Byrne Kents, Johnathan is short, bald and prone to fatness.

So is his son. A year off and not having the physical attributes of our Clark, this Clark is a lot more of a comic/game geek sort, doesn't get into Metro U., goes to a two year college, works for a tabloid and is trying to get his degree in night school

Enter and Exit the Dark Knight. Without a Superman, Wayne has no reason to carry around some gizmo that could deal with a super being and thus gets killed when he encounters a different super being.

Kent realizes the nutjob billionaire could be his ticket to the big time and works on a book on Wayne in whatever spare time he can afford.

He gets himself in trouble insinuating he has connections to the Batman to some thugs. From their perspective he fainted and they laugh before getting ready to kill him.

He went into a trance. Stress kicked that ol' irradiation into action. He's projected himself out of body and into a tall blond blue eyed muscular type who quickly dispatches the thugs.

He discovers he can trigger the ability at will, but goes into a trance when he does.

In due course, Kent becomes "Superiorman" named after a character he played back in high school in a Roleplaying game.

Superiorman is the nerdy kid who gets in with the fast crowd.

Will he succumb or straighten out? Tune in next Thursday. Same Superior Time, Same Superior Channel.

;)

I'm not sure if its been done before, but I would like to see a universe where after Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered, he isn't wealthy and ends up becoming a more pulpish Batman, fighting for the downtrodden during the Depression. Any era would work, I just prefer stories with Batman around the era he was introduced.

With Superman, I like the idea of "What if Kal-El was actually meant to be a diplomat to another planet, and was hi-jacked by Earth? Krypton was never destroyed, and he was just told that so he'd settle with being Earth's defender..."

Is there a story where bruce wayne gets adopted by the kents after his parents die?

I'm not sure if its been done before, but I would like to see a universe where after Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered, he isn't wealthy and ends up becoming a more pulpish Batman, fighting for the downtrodden during the Depression. Any era would work, I just prefer stories with Batman around the era he was introduced.

Incidentally, I believe that was going to be similar to what Darren Aronofsky was going to do with his version of the Batman movie that was planned. He was like a machinist or something along those lines. It was set in modern day, though.

I remember reading the script online. It was actually good, not really a good Batman story imo, but I could see it as an Elseworlds story pretty easily

Is there a story where bruce wayne gets adopted by the kents after his parents die?

Yes. one of the 'imaginary stories' Weisinger keep running in the sixties did that.

Bruce ends up living in the 30th century with the Legion in that one.

An early version of that them had the Kent's adopting Luthor.

me i'd like an elseworldswhere the justice society DIDN'T close up shop due tothe HUAC

Was there an Elseworlds story where Dr. Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne adopt the infant Superman?

What about an Elseworlds where the Government finds the alien baby Kal El first?

What about the Luthers adopting the alien infant?

What about an Elseworlds where Earth is going to be destroyed, so the Luthers send their only child, Alexander, into space. He lands on another planet much like ours, Krypton, where he is raised by a childless couple.
(Sort of switch it, make Luther the alien.)

A While back DC did their What if Stan Lee had created the DCU? I want to see What If DC had created Spider-Man, or Captain America, or the Hulk? (It would have to be a collaborative effort from Marvel and DC.)

Last edited:
Was there an Elseworlds story where Dr. Thomas Wayne and Martha Wayne adopt the infant Superman?

Yup, "Speeding Bullets".

There was also one where Jonathan Kent sent his infant son Clark to Krypton, IIRC, but I don't remember the name of that one.

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing an Elseworlds patterned after an idea I had previously, the sort of "Speeding Bullets" Meets "Iron Man" thing:
Well, since they had the last son of Krypton raised by the Waynes in SPEEDING BULLETS, I say do the reverse: have a rocket carrying the infant Bruce Wayne crash-land on Krypton from the doomed planet Earth, where he is adopted by a kindly scientist, Jor-El and his wife Lara. Because of Krypton's heavier gravity in comparison to Earth, the youngster must utilize a special exo-skeletal suit to survive which makes him a bit of an outcast and leaves his adoptive parents and their robot caretaker Kelex as all he has - which sucks when Jor-El and Lara are killed by a hired gun working for General Zod, in a bid to seize power and ultimately overthrow the Council. Spending the rest of the El family fortune and drawing on the advanced scientific skills he picked up from his adoptive father, with Kelex's guidance, the boy grows into adulthood refashioning his exosuit into a frightening suit of armor that allows him to fly at incredible speeds, deflect most conventional Kryptonian weaponry, give him accelerated strength, as well as enhanced vision and hearing and the power to emit optic blasts - and launches a one-man war against Zod and his underling supporters. But in his quest for vengeance, he discovers an equally-sinister plot afoot within the halls of the Krypton Council - a plot stemming from the Council's resident bionic consultant, the Coluan transplant Vril Dox...

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing an Elseworlds patterned after an idea I had previously, the sort of "Speeding Bullets" Meets "Iron Man" thing:

I'd buy that, artwork allowing. :up:

Yup, "Speeding Bullets".

There was also one where Jonathan Kent sent his infant son Clark to Krypton, IIRC, but I don't remember the name of that one.

Speeding Bullets might be my favorite elseworlds of all time:up: But I have a feeling your idea could overtake it:applaud

What if Kal-El's spaceship went off-course, and landed on Bizarro-World?

I want to read something about Bruce Wayne's parents being killed, only they weren't rich and he becomes Batman through his own ingenuity. I guess that idea doesn't change much because he is still Batman, just poor, but I would still like to see it.

Also something with Batman having superpowers of some sort.

What if Kal-El's spaceship went off-course, and landed on Bizarro-World?

the bizarro world was created by bizarro so he could have a world to call his own beside if superman HADN'T come to earth first bizzaro couldn' be an imperfect double of him to begin with?

I want to read something about Bruce Wayne's parents being killed, only they weren't rich and he becomes Batman through his own ingenuity. I guess that idea doesn't change much because he is still Batman, just poor, but I would still like to see it.

Also something with Batman having superpowers of some sort.
Wasn't that how Batman was in Imagine if Stan Lee created Batman?

I wanna see an else worlds like these ideas:
Brainiac takes over Superman's body.

The Government tracks down Clark as a teen, and Clark must either run or fight back. (I'd like to see what a teen Superman could do against the Government and its armies.)

Darksied enlists all of Superman's enemies, equipping them all with his evil technology. But in exchange for these weapons and tools to destroy Superman and take over Earth they must now serve Darksied.

A reality where Batman's vigilantism is the foundation for the Judge Dredd future, he is considered the original Judge.

just some random ideas.

Being disabled myself, I know I come off as somewhat biased here, but I think it'd be really awesome to see a GL comic where the ringbearer is of pure heart and strong will, but like, physically paralyzed. When he has the ring on, he has to conjure up like an armored suit just to move.

Being disabled myself, I know I come off as somewhat biased here, but I think it'd be really awesome to see a GL comic where the ringbearer is of pure heart and strong will, but like, physically paralyzed. When he has the ring on, he has to conjure up like an armored suit just to move.

sounds interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"