Emergence of the "Phoenix" in X2

That's a no-brainer. Jean would certainly have to kill the attacking mutant :)

ntcrawler said:
...but I'm guessing that it would be a mighty good reason for her...to the side like she did anyways and try to figure things out in her head (secretly cheer for the good guys and hope Magneto gets his butt kicked)

She certainly would do a mighty double-take, woudln't she? I'd pay money to see the look on her face as portrayed by Famke! haha.

Me too. Given Famke's versatility, I'm sure she could pull it off.

ntcrawler said:
Now here's my next question for you: So Scott's there, Jean makes sure it's the real Scott, and accepts that she indeed did not kill him, removin some of the guilt as you suggest. SUDDENLY, Scott takes a hit and goes down! A random mutant or two managed to get a lucky shot at him from behind. He's alive but injured and down. Looks like the mutant is going to press his attack and finish him off.

What happens next? What would Jean do, if anything?

But what if the attacking mutant was a mind-controlled Wolverine? That would make her pretty maaaad again.

FieryPhoenix said:
But what if the attacking mutant was a mind-controlled Wolverine? That would make her pretty maaaad again.

It would, haha but that's probably unlikely. I don't think there were any mind-controlling mutants around. Stryker was wasted in X2 along with his kid, and Charles wasn't around. Plus I think she'd be able to figure out pretty quick that someone wasn't firing on all cylinders.

FieryPhoenix said:
That's a no-brainer. Jean would certainly have to kill the attacking mutant :)

Well then! Thanks for your responses, you've now given me an interesting idea to work into a rewrite for the final battle, one that I feel will be a bit more... appropriate for the characters and the whole situation. :)
BTW I started a thread about these and similar questions here you may want to check out:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239062

ntcrawler said:
It would, haha but that's probably unlikely. I don't think there were any mind-controlling mutants around.

Pardon my ignorance but even with just Psylocke around, couldn't she have exerted some sort of mind control over anyone?

(You'd have to forgive me. I've honestly lost track of the comic world in my college days.)

FieryPhoenix said:
Pardon my ignorance but even with just Psylocke around, couldn't she have exerted some sort of mind control over anyone?

(You'd have to forgive me. I've honestly lost track of the comic world in my college days.)

Me too, but it's never too late to return. I'm just glad I jumped back aboard the bus before it was too late, hehe. But anyways!

You're right about Psylocke's abilities. Unfortunately the movie was so messed up it was hard to keep track of things. You have a bunch of mutants with random powers, and then the rest have their powers all mixed up. The way things were portrayed it was impossible to figure out who was who or what they could do. Hell, the movie Psylocke may have had Adamantium claws and could fly or shoot lasers out of her eyes for dramatic effect.

let's have a compromise. Logan tries to talk to Jean but gets blasted back, so we'll leave this as one battle that's rightfully Scott's. After all, if she just saved him, that's a good sign that she really does like him and would be reluctant to disintegrate him.

I'd like to throw some input here, although it kinda veers off the path of what we've been mainly talking about.
In X3, when she does what she does to Scott, is it intentional or are her powers so overwhelming that all of her emotions just explode on her and she does what she does.
You see, I don't see Jean's concious mind as dead, I just see it as not in control anymore. When she comes back, she sounds innocent: "I don't know" and it seems that half (or even a third) of Jean is there, but the Phoenix takes over because her concious mind is too weak to decide what is right from what is wrong. In X2, she is trying to controll the Phoenix, and in X3, the Phoenix is just a free range and all of her emotions just let fly.

:D Just my 2 cents :)
(First post by the way, even though i've been here since May lol) :O

Fenix said:
I'd like to throw some input here, although it kinda veers off the path of what we've been mainly talking about.
In X3, when she does what she does to Scott, is it intentional or are her powers so overwhelming that all of her emotions just explode on her and she does what she does.
You see, I don't see Jean's concious mind as dead, I just see it as not in control anymore. When she comes back, she sounds innocent: "I don't know" and it seems that half (or even a third) of Jean is there, but the Phoenix takes over because her concious mind is too weak to decide what is right from what is wrong. In X2, she is trying to controll the Phoenix, and in X3, the Phoenix is just a free range and all of her emotions just let fly.

:D Just my 2 cents :)
(First post by the way, even though i've been here since May lol) :O

this is how i see it: jean and phoenix are the same person, BUT dark phoenix is just jean grey without a selfcontrol of herself including the powers, and she acts by instincts. kiiling everyone was just her instinct to survive. in X2 you see a jean grey that didnt know what she was capable of do, the side of her powers.

by the way i love that 3 scenes where they show the phoenix emerging

There were some deleted scenes from "X1", that suggested Jean wasn't always in control of her powers. If I recall correctly, the scene with her and Senator Kelly was originally longer, and she used her powers to snatch the "list of mutants" out of his hand...or at least, that's what was in the script. Charles chastised her for that, and so her remark to Logan about Cerebro was a sort of tie-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"