Empowered women?

You're right. I'm thinking too much about stereotypes, and taking a really crap tv show of all things to back up these generalizations. I don't really have the personal experience because truth be told I don't meet many women. I live with a woman, and shes nothing like the generalizations portrayed on the **** tv show or in the newspaper or anything. I'm a bitter guy stuck in my own head too much cooking up these ideas based on nothing but a handful of negative experiences and watching tv and reading newspapers.

You know what the last girl I dated did? First time I've talked about this online. I've got nothing to do in work so I might as well. There was this girl who I had been friends with for awhile. We first met each other by going on a date years ago but nothing came of it, we've been occasional friends since. A couple of months ago she was single, and was sending me flirty texts. And I was like, okay lets see where this goes. I met up with her, we got drunk and were all over each other. More flirty texts, and shes pretty full on "we should have sex sometime, when can we have sex" at which point I didn't have my own place. I got my own place not long after, and she came back one night and was kissing me and stuff but didn't seem too enthused. We went to my bedroom and watched a dvd. She got naked! Got in bed with me naked, and I cuddled her while watching the tv. At one point we wre fooling about and she seemed into it, then she went back to watching the dvd. Anytime after that I made a move she didn't seem to be interested.

The next day, she asks me to meet up with her at the pub. I meet her, and shes with some other guy. And shes all flirty with him and ****. When he pisses off, I ask her whats going on, and she says...

She said she doesn't find me attractive

Not long after that, I left the place feeling very annoyed at being led on for so long. I felt angry and depressed and ****. After she told me this, she was still flirty with me with this guy around. It was strange. I didn't really wanna talk to her after that.

Bah. Not to mention my confidence. My confidence after that incident was at an all time low.

lol

I've done things like that to guys. Not that its nice, or right, or entirely intentional. Sometimes you get into it with a guy and some illusions you'd been projecting onto him disappear, or you get distracted, or whatever. Interacting with other people is a weird, fickle thing. It can be equally awkward for a woman to flirt and 'start' something only to realize that she doesn't really want it/him.

I understand feeling hurt/bitter- but carrying it with you and projecting it onto other people will only perpetuate those feelings and magnify them. I've had some ****ty things done to me by guys, and I'll admit I was bitter for a while. I came very close to permanently passing on a relationship with the guy who later became my husband because of it.

Confidence makes it much easier to get through those types of things, yes. So perhaps you should focus on that first and ladies once that bit is a little more solid?

Look out. LR's got her Help Face on. :helpface:

jag

The dominant sex in our society is switching.

It used to be a joke that men only went for woman based on how they looked now its the opposite only this time it's not a joke. Woman base men on two things: LOOKS and MONEY. Men don't and have never been so stuck-up to even care how much money a woman has.

It used to be a joke that men only went for woman based on how they looked now its the opposite only this time it's not a joke. Woman base men on two things: LOOKS and MONEY. Men don't and have never been so stuck-up to even care how much money a woman has.
That's a bold statement.

I understand what the Runt is saying.

I didn't think of it that way, Runt. I just thought Ellie was being a ***** and a bad person. That actually makes sense that when the moment came she'd realize "this isn't what I want".

Holly is very, very mean for laughing. Girls laugh at me :(

Yeah man confidence is tough. I'm a fully grown adult and ****. Being 23 sorta snuck up on me out of nowhere and I don't think I've progressed very much in terms of social charm and confidence. All ya can do though is try I guess. Oy!

Yeah thats full on sexist right there! Too far!

That's a bold statement.

Honestly in our culture, it's sad but true. They can say otherwise but you see it everyday. If you see a ugly dude with a fine girl(hence Beyonce and Jay Z) best believe he has money. In the USA, sad to say, good guys do finish last. :csad:

Honestly in our culture, it's sad but true. They can say otherwise but you see it everyday. If you see a ugly dude with a fine girl(hence Beyonce and Jay Z) best believe he has money. In the USA, sad to say, good guys do finish last. :csad:
So how are all these poor, ugly people getting together?

Says the guy with the jiggily avatar!

Yep, my husband is rich and resembles Pitt's better features.

I understand what the Runt is saying.

I didn't think of it that way, Runt. I just thought Ellie was being a ***** and a bad person. That actually makes sense that when the moment came she'd realize "this isn't what I want".

Holly is very, very mean for laughing. Girls laugh at me :(

Yeah man confidence is tough. I'm a fully grown adult and ****. Being 23 sorta snuck up on me out of nowhere and I don't think I've progressed very much in terms of social charm and confidence. All ya can do though is try I guess. Oy!

Its a common reaction to demonize somebody that's hurt you, because its harder to accept that there could be something about you personally that turned them off. But accepting that and moving past it is confidence. Nobody is made for everybody, and if they seem that way, they're hiding something/denying something of their self.

You just have to build a basis of interaction in order to feel confident in the situations.

Yep, my husband is rich and resembles Pitt's better features.

Its a common reaction to demonize somebody that's hurt you, because its harder to accept that there could be something about you personally that turned them off. But accepting that and moving past it is confidence. Nobody is made for everybody, and if they seem that way, they're hiding something/denying something of their self.

You just have to build a basis of interaction in order to feel confident in the situations.

Basically yeah there was something about me that night she didn't like, and thats the main thing that knocked down my confidence. What if other women feel that way?? Having a girl naked next to you one night, and then being told the next day she
doesn't find you attractive
really isn't gonna make you feel very secure about yourself. On the night, I was full of gusto and confidence and stuff. Ugh! ****.

Totally understandable. But, it happens. Just look at society and celebrities. Every time a new actress/model is said to be 'hot' somebody comes along and says 'she looks like a toad.' People's opinion of attractiveness is widely varied. It does, however, always suck to be shot down. But getting over it and carrying on is the trick.

That's a bold statement.

From time to time I see a hot guy going out with a below average/ugly girl, I immediately gain more respect for the guy, and I'm restored in my belief that there is more to the world than just good looks. The world of men that is... I have NEVER seen an "attractive" woman with a unattractive man and when I do it's always after (or right before) finding out the guy is rich.

Woman in general are far more stuck up than men, in my experience of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"