Erica Bana's status...

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
IMO Hulk looked just as real as Gollum, and on top of that he interacted with more things as well. King Kong was on a whole different level to EVERYTHING done with CGI. But even then Hulk did some things better than Kong. In the dogs fight, it is cold in the woods, and you can see Hulk's and the dogs' breath in the air as they fight. But when Kong goes outside in New York, it is snowing and yet we never see his breath in the air.

each to their own I suppose

god i wish Hulk had 200mill and 2 years to be made into a film :(

^then you would get the movie Hulk truly deserves

gvcool2 said:
^then you would get the movie Hulk truly deserves
yeah.. why the hell isnt Peter Jackson a fan of Hulk? :mad: :(

ang lee probably made him believe hulk is weak

I only thought very small parts of the CGI in Hulk were noticable.

It was mostly during the night when you could tell it was CGI(somewhat). During the day it was amazing how real it looked.

Knives122 said:
It was mostly during the night when you could tell it was CGI(somewhat). During the day it was amazing how real it looked.

I agree. The desert CGI was amazing. Ironic considering thay traditionally, daytime special effects were always harder to pull off than night time ones (because of matte lines).

Hulk never looked better than in the stark, unforgiving light of the desert. Passed with flying colours :up:

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I've watched the movie over 50 times, so there goes your theory!!!!!

I'm just playing, chill dude

SUPERBENITEZ said:
I agree. The desert CGI was amazing. Ironic considering thay traditionally, daytime special effects were always harder to pull off than night time ones (because of matte lines).

Hulk never looked better than in the stark, unforgiving light of the desert. Passed with flying colours :up:

Totally agree, although he still looked real to me in the night time scene's.

The thing I can't figure out is how people can complain about the realism of CG movie effects. They are about a million times better than the stop-motion, man-in-suit stuff we got before.

^ at the time though before CGI revolutionized, stop motion and animatronics were the most realistic, because we didn't know any better, ray harryhausen became a god through his stop motion effects because at the time they were the best, the same applies for CGI except in a manner, modern audiences have become so spoilt with visuals and CGI nothing is too impressive anymore and we demand more. It's unfortunate but it's the state of our modern cinema

Remember that old Atari Jaguar game Aliens vs Predator that used stop motion models for the aliens. At the time that was quite effective.

remember Clash of the titans and Jason Of The Arganauts...practical effects at it's greatest

Advanced Dark said:
Remember that old Atari Jaguar game Aliens vs Predator that used stop motion models for the aliens. At the time that was quite effective.

Great game. I miss the Jag.

^ I had the CD attachment w/Iron Solider 2. Great system under supported thanks to the two giants doing everything they could to crush it. Tempest 2000 still owns most games out there.

CGI when used in the correct manner is fantastic. And Hulk used it in the correct manner IMO.

the CGi didnt bring down the hulk... it was Ang Lee

he didnt get the hulk at all, its like Jon peters and superman

i think Letterier's going to drop out and someone else will take over!!

gvcool2 said:
^ at the time though before CGI revolutionized, stop motion and animatronics were the most realistic, because we didn't know any better, ray harryhausen became a god through his stop motion effects because at the time they were the best, the same applies for CGI except in a manner, modern audiences have become so spoilt with visuals and CGI nothing is too impressive anymore and we demand more. It's unfortunate but it's the state of our modern cinema

Great post. That's essentially, in a nutshell, what I was trying to get across earlier.

Sad, isnt it?

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
I've watched the movie over 50 times, so there goes your theory!!!!!

Man I have just rewatched the hulk movie a couple times and that was a solid movie, well crafted and stylish

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"