1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Action-Adventure Everything Everywhere All At Once | A24 | Michelle Yeoh

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Kane52630, Dec 14, 2021.

1. -Arya- In Dreams I Walk With You

I just noticed
    in one of the universes she’s a Black Lodge entity from Twin Peaks. But it sucks that you have freeze frame it during that one montage just to find it.

Still, it’s so ****ing rad.

Kane52630 likes this.
  2. Kane52630 BATMOBILE USER

[​IMG]

Luigi, -Arya- and DarkShadow10 like this.
  3. kguillou Registered

I’m still in awe of how much I loved this movie. I went into it yesterday thinking i wasnt gonna like it and all the hype was overblown and this is probably gonna be some artsy fartsy A24 joint but man this thing was just absolutely fantastic. And what a beautiful message it has, this movie is about love and damn it, we NEED movies about love now more than ever.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  4. NotNickFury Registered

Did the physical release of this movie just...happen? As in, without any sort of announcement? Or perhaps I missed it.

Went to a local Best Buy for unrelated reasons and saw hey, Everything Everywhere is out on Blu-Ray and 4K. Will probably snag a copy today, but it's strange. I hadn't followed its physical release since the film's still in theaters. But I imagine it'll be severely scaled back since, while the movie's still doing well, it's not a No Way Home where it can pull big money while still being on physical as well. This movie doesn't need to do that- that's not what I'm saying. The physical release just sort of snuck up on me.

5. Drizzle Registered

I watched it last night and loved it. It's been said before but I definitely wasn't expecting THIS to be the best multiverse related movie of 2022. Michelle Yeoh was insanely good and I really loved Ke Huy Quan in it. I hope he's here to stay again after being gone from acting for so long. Put him in everything, I say. Including Indy 5 if he isn't already a part of it. Jamie Lee Curtis is also always fun when she plays a more comic role.

But yeah, any movie that almost makes me shed a tear for
    a crudely made raccoon puppet
    is one for the ages.

6. Mjolnir Reborn Blunt Instrument

I have rewatched this film now and as I suspected I liked it even more the second time. The issue for me of not being fully emotionally invested in the characters until late in the film was remedied by that I was now invested in them before even starting, so everything just fell perfectly into place. Now it truly feels as great as I hoped.

7. Filmfan93 The Man in Black

Absolutely loved this.

It also single-handedly destroys Doctor Strange 2 as the best multiverse film... In the first 30 mins.

Sithborg, KaijuDude1992 and Da-Scribe like this.
  8. Kane52630 BATMOBILE USER

It's wild that this is still playing at my local theater.

Sithborg likes this.
  9. Kane52630 BATMOBILE USER

10. Dave McFly Knight Patrol

I never got the chance to see this in theaters it just never played anywhere near me I will so pick it up on bluray or 4k when it hits

11. Drizzle Registered

Well the good news is it's been out on Blu-ray/4K for a week.

12. Dave McFly Knight Patrol

yeah I saw that before you replied I got it in 4K for 24 bucks on amazon i get it in a few days

Drizzle likes this.
  13. AndrewGilkison Registered

I rented this movie because of all the hype I've been hearing about it, and it was far beyond anything I was expecting.

kguillou, CaptainWagner and Sithborg like this.
  14. Dave McFly Knight Patrol

I watched about half and fell asleep (not the movie's fault lol I was just damn tired and kept nodding off in my bed), I plan on finishing it tonight but from what I seen so far it is batcrap insane in some parts :funny:

blueharvest and DarkShadow10 like this.
  15. CaptainWagner I'm A Worrier, It's What I Do (P) (he/him)

Yeah, one of the theaters near me is still showing it, too. You love to see it.

Kane52630 likes this.
  16. Dave McFly Knight Patrol

finally watched the whole thing what the eff, this movie is without a doubt one of the most out there films I have ever seen!

17. Asr Registered

Wait till you see Alex Garland's Men. :hehe: (if you haven't already)

18. Kane52630 BATMOBILE USER

That actually makes me think they're gonna try to get this into awards contention.

19. 3rdstone Original Manhunter

I naively hope that this somewhat success would mean that we would see Michelle Yeoh in more fun movies. She deserves it.

20. spiderman2 Registered

Never once saw a trailer or marketing or anything for this movie. I had just heard people say it was good. I watched it like a week or so ago for first time and I loved the first like hour but hated hated the rest of the movie. I have never went from loving a movie so much to hating it so much at the same time.

21. Deck Rickard #HeadlessSuperman

This movie was amazing. Absolutely loved it. Fantastic performances by Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Key Huy Quan and James Hong. Amazing that we got Short Round and David Lo Pan in a movie together after all the years!

Also, when I saw those… awards on Jamie Lee Curtis’s desk, I figured they would come into play later somehow but I definitely wasn’t expecting that. :funny:

22. Pennywise Registered

Just saw this two days ago, and I LOVED THIS MOVIE! Wish I saw it when it was in theatres! :csad::argh:

Get Daniels for Secret War, please!

kguillou and MilkmanDan like this.
  23. samsnee Ok

There was only one movie about the madness of multiverses this year and it wasn’t from Marvel

Kane52630 and DarkShadow10 like this.
  24. Shinobi Shaw The Upstart Black King

I finally watched it last night and while I wasn't completely in love with it, it was a brilliant film. Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan both deserve Academy Award noms for their roles because they brought it dramatically, comedically and all things in between. Also was really impressed with James Hong still holding his own after all these years, he did amazing too.

My only thing is, The Daniels indulged a little too much in the absurdity. I get it that it's their schtick, but still it should've been reigned in just a tad.

But overall a great film open to so many interpretations. Can't wait to rewatch it.