Everything Everywhere All At Once | A24 | Michelle Yeoh

I just noticed
in one of the universes she’s a Black Lodge entity from Twin Peaks. But it sucks that you have freeze frame it during that one montage just to find it.

Still, it’s so ****ing rad.

I just noticed
in one of the universes she’s a Black Lodge entity from Twin Peaks. But it sucks that you have freeze frame it during that one montage just to find it.

Still, it’s so ****ing rad.
p6zooqux19091.jpg

I’m still in awe of how much I loved this movie. I went into it yesterday thinking i wasnt gonna like it and all the hype was overblown and this is probably gonna be some artsy fartsy A24 joint but man this thing was just absolutely fantastic. And what a beautiful message it has, this movie is about love and damn it, we NEED movies about love now more than ever.

Did the physical release of this movie just...happen? As in, without any sort of announcement? Or perhaps I missed it.

Went to a local Best Buy for unrelated reasons and saw hey, Everything Everywhere is out on Blu-Ray and 4K. Will probably snag a copy today, but it's strange. I hadn't followed its physical release since the film's still in theaters. But I imagine it'll be severely scaled back since, while the movie's still doing well, it's not a No Way Home where it can pull big money while still being on physical as well. This movie doesn't need to do that- that's not what I'm saying. The physical release just sort of snuck up on me.

I watched it last night and loved it. It's been said before but I definitely wasn't expecting THIS to be the best multiverse related movie of 2022. Michelle Yeoh was insanely good and I really loved Ke Huy Quan in it. I hope he's here to stay again after being gone from acting for so long. Put him in everything, I say. Including Indy 5 if he isn't already a part of it. Jamie Lee Curtis is also always fun when she plays a more comic role.

But yeah, any movie that almost makes me shed a tear for
a crudely made raccoon puppet
is one for the ages.

I have rewatched this film now and as I suspected I liked it even more the second time. The issue for me of not being fully emotionally invested in the characters until late in the film was remedied by that I was now invested in them before even starting, so everything just fell perfectly into place. Now it truly feels as great as I hoped.

I never got the chance to see this in theaters it just never played anywhere near me I will so pick it up on bluray or 4k when it hits

I never got the chance to see this in theaters it just never played anywhere near me I will so pick it up on bluray or 4k when it hits
Well the good news is it's been out on Blu-ray/4K for a week.

I watched about half and fell asleep (not the movie's fault lol I was just damn tired and kept nodding off in my bed), I plan on finishing it tonight but from what I seen so far it is batcrap insane in some parts :funny:

finally watched the whole thing what the eff, this movie is without a doubt one of the most out there films I have ever seen!

finally watched the whole thing what the eff, this movie is without a doubt one of the most out there films I have ever seen!

Wait till you see Alex Garland's Men. :hehe: (if you haven't already)

That actually makes me think they're gonna try to get this into awards contention.

I naively hope that this somewhat success would mean that we would see Michelle Yeoh in more fun movies. She deserves it.

Never once saw a trailer or marketing or anything for this movie. I had just heard people say it was good. I watched it like a week or so ago for first time and I loved the first like hour but hated hated the rest of the movie. I have never went from loving a movie so much to hating it so much at the same time.

This movie was amazing. Absolutely loved it. Fantastic performances by Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Key Huy Quan and James Hong. Amazing that we got Short Round and David Lo Pan in a movie together after all the years!

Also, when I saw those… awards on Jamie Lee Curtis’s desk, I figured they would come into play later somehow but I definitely wasn’t expecting that. :funny:

Just saw this two days ago, and I LOVED THIS MOVIE! Wish I saw it when it was in theatres! :csad::argh:

Get Daniels for Secret War, please!

I finally watched it last night and while I wasn't completely in love with it, it was a brilliant film. Michelle Yeoh and Ke Huy Quan both deserve Academy Award noms for their roles because they brought it dramatically, comedically and all things in between. Also was really impressed with James Hong still holding his own after all these years, he did amazing too.

My only thing is, The Daniels indulged a little too much in the absurdity. I get it that it's their schtick, but still it should've been reigned in just a tad.

But overall a great film open to so many interpretations. Can't wait to rewatch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"