The Dark Knight Evolution of the Batmobile and the Joker Motivation

Why the hell did you have to post the same thing in multiple threads, Jimmy?

Based on the BOF links today of the Eric Roberts interview and the MTV toy demonstration, I decided to provoke discussion on some things I hope are new or interesting.

1). Might Bruce's new Lamborghini become (or may already be) the basis for the new batmobile in the 3rd movie? The MTV clip show it being outfitted with guns and weapons. While this might be just for the toy, I'm now thinking that it may well be presented as another evolutionary building block in the progression of Nolan's Batman.

2.) Eric Roberts seems to confirm in his clip that the Joker is indeed holding the mob ransom and the slightly misleading teaser trailer may merely be Bruce and Alfred's educated guess as to what could possibly be the Joker's motivation. They think the mob came to the Joker to get rid of Batman, but in actuality the Joker's using the stolen money to blackmail the mob into helping him kill Batman. As Marlo from The Wire would say, "You want it to be one way, but its the other way."

dextercopy.jpg

I remember hearing in the special edition DVD of Batman Begins that the Tumbler concept was based on a Lambo mixed with an H1 Humvee. I think it's possible that the next Batmobile we get is more Lamborghini like but I don't think it's going to transform.

I can verify the tires on both the batpod, and tumbler. they are hoosier wing sprint tires. I have them on my replica tumbler. here is mine. These are actually made for dirt race tracks. the rubber wears out on streets, so I always wondered why they choose them.

prog89.jpg

http://www.dullam-causey.com

Just an outstanding, amazing job you've done there with your crew on all your works.

I do think that those particular tires are functional though, even on pavement. Their soft compound makes them wear out faster, but they give the vehicle maximum traction for the 500 cubic inch V-8 power. :woot:

Riddler = possible.

The Riddler - Edward "Nygma" Nashton Treatment

About as old as Batman in Begins. The youngest he could be is 18, the oldest he could be is 27. On the surface, a tech-junkie, Child of the Internet Revolution. The Information Era. If it's on the Internet, he can find it, and quickly. He has an unnaturally High IQ. Socially inept. When a teacher would ask him a question in School, immediately he would return a detailed and highly accurate answer. The scariest part of it is that this ability bores him to death. He doesn't like to know everything. He wants to search for the answers, he doesn't like to understand everything. It is scary, to be able to understand the world without having to try to. And nothing is beyond his reach. Everything you could think of, at it's highest level is just simple child's play for him.

And although he feels cursed with his intelligence, he enjoys the popularity it gives him. It fuels his ego, to be able to help other people. He's grown more and more egotistical as time goes by. And soon, his intelligence is something he holds above the heads of other people. But while in High School, he is diagnosed with a form of Asperger's Syndrome, where everything he does, wether it's right or wrong, leads back to him. But being so intelligent, he has learned to adapt to it and all of his leads his mind forces him to leave don't lead simply to him. In addition, he has medicine that only keeps it in check. So in all, the Asperger's isn't much of a player into his psyche at this point.

He attempts to use his intelligence / ego to wrangle in some lady friends, but his consequential lack of empathy or social skills leaves him with nothing more than bitter failure. He becomes trapped in his own mind. As time goes by he is innocently forced to become more and more secluded from society as a whole. He locks himself in his office for days at a time (There is a bathroom right off of it. Don't worry.) Food becomes not as important as it should be. He makes himself feel above taking his own medicine and soon abandons that too. There are no side-effects of that apparent to him yet.

And what does he do in his office? He begins a hacker circle, going under the alias "Nygma" after a name his friends (if you could call them that) gave him in High School. He works day in and day out to hack the world's largest databases. One by one, the largest Federal Databases fall to him. The NSA, FBI, CIA. You name it, he's in it.

Soon, his brain formulates the 'perfect crime.' To draw money from the Federal Reserve into several untraceable accounts he has set up. I don't know how he would do this, but I'm sure something could be set up. So when he does it, he (as his Asperger's has come back up) feels compelled to leave a clue. And before he does, he tries to remedy it by creating several clues that become harder and harder to figure out and becomes fascinated by wordplay and puzzles.

Now with the money he has recieved and the information from the United States Government, he quickly develops a small dosage of muscle building chemicals. When he injects it, he passes out and wakes up the next day to find that it has worked well, with no side-effects whatsoever. This is only because a man as intelligent as Edward wouldn't have made mistakes with something like this. He then returns out into the world, pale, unhealthy looking, and generally unrecognizeable as a darkly introspective inhumorous killer, trapped in his own mind. Trapped in his mental obligation to leave a pattern as per his Asperger's. Within his first few crimes, the Gotham Police dub him "The Riddler."

From there, as far as plot and his interaction with Batman... No idea. But that's how he should be done in Nolan's world.

Yes Really :cwink:
1wayld6.gif

But seriously, I wonder if Batman, Alfred, or Gordon will figure out or even believe the real nature of the Joker's relationship with the Mob by the end of TDK. Nolan and Goyer may have left the storyline of Batman truly beginning to understand the random insanity and instability of the Joker for the 3rd film.

Just an outstanding, amazing job you've done there with your crew on all your works.

actually, no crew. just me on the tumbler.

I cant find the pic but there was a toy just like this for batman returns. Where there was a sports car, that transforms into a batmobile (missiles and guns and such) I forget what the actual name of the toy is.
I do know it came with a cruddy looking michel keaton toy.

Hey that toy atleast actually looked like Keaton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"