Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

If they go ahead with the film, I wonder if they will incorporate any of this concept.

star-wars-mythos-obi-wan-kenobi-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-feature-100327.jpg

star-wars-mythos-obi-wan-kenobi-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-silo-100327.png

Sixth scale figure imagining a slightly older Obi-Wan's days on Tatooine after Revenge of the Sith.
oh lordy, that would be great.

Sounding like this could be the 2020 movie. I am seeing some rumors of it shooting in 2019.

May as well. But a trilogy?

Really hope McGregor is in this, he was the best part of the prequel trilogy.

Really hope McGregor is in this, he was the best part of the prequel trilogy.

McGregor or nothing as far as I'm concerned with this. Maybe it's because I was a kid when the prequels started (too young to realize how bad PM and AOTC were, though I will say I enjoy RotS quite a bit, despite its issues), but he's Obi-Wan to me every bit as much as Guinness, the film would lose a lot imo if anyone else played the role.

I don't think they would have greenlit this if Ewan's involvement wasn't guaranteed. Ewan's strong desire to return to the role is probably what got this project underway.

They could bring back Qui-Gon (Liam Neeson), Padme (Natalie Portman), Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) & Anakin (Hayden Christensen) for flashback scenes.

That's one thing that will be appreciated now from the prequel trilogy.

I am looking forward to this more than Han Solo or Episode 9.

They could bring back Qui-Gon (Liam Neeson), Padme (Natalie Portman), Mace Windu (Samuel L. Jackson) & Anakin (Hayden Christensen) for flashback scenes.

That's one thing that will be appreciated now from the prequel trilogy.

Qui-Gon maybe. The rest, burn them like FIRE!!! :cmad:

Hopefully we see some appearances from Yoda and Force ghost Qui Gon

If Ewan returns, I'll be really curious as to when this will be set. We're closing in on 13 years since Revenge of the Sith, which is 6 years under the span of time between Sith and A New Hope, and even when we hit that mark, Ewan will be way too young to pull off anything near the Obi Wan we meet in ANH.

So... like 3-5 years post-Sith?

He didn't say he was dead? "Yoda (alive) and Force Ghost (as in dead) Qui Gon" :hehe:

If Ewan returns, I'll be really curious as to when this will be set. We're closing in on 13 years since Revenge of the Sith, which is 6 years under the span of time between Sith and A New Hope, and even when we hit that mark, Ewan will be way too young to pull off anything near the Obi Wan we meet in ANH.

Goofy old lady make-up is your friend.

AVEITWITHJAMON said:
You are right, I mis-read, apologies

No problem :up:

There's a continuity error going on with this. Obi-Wan ages 30+ years in 19.

I don't think they would have greenlit this if Ewan's involvement wasn't guaranteed. Ewan's strong desire to return to the role is probably what got this project underway.
Doesn't seem like it's greenlit yet but it's one of the stories they are developing for the next anthology.

However, won't they have to get started soon to get the next one out in 2020?

So it's looking like this

2018 - Solo
2019 - Episode 9
2020 - Obi-Wan Kenobi ???
2021 - Johnson Trilogy I ???

Will it pan out this way or will there be other films in there?

There's a continuity error going on with this. Obi-Wan ages 30+ years in 19.

Well, he was probably age appropriate for TPM Obi-Wan. But then Clones came around, and there was that jump forward in time, they got an older Anakin, Portman was probably playing younger than she is in Phantom Menace, so no real problem there.... and then there was McGregor. And, I mean, he was great in the role, so I don't fault them for keeping him around, but...

That sounds good, Ewan was playing older than his age in Clones and Sith anyways, so having him play closer to his own age again and setting the film just a few years after Sith isn't exactly a stretch.

Yeah, I mean... anyone watch the Golden Globes tonight? There's no way to sell the guy I saw win for Fargo as being closer to the Alec Guinness portrayal than where he left off in ROTS. He almost hasn't aged at all.

You'd need old age makeup, and you know... I'd rather not.

They can age him with some light makeup and minor cgi. Its entirely possible to do that really well.

They can age him with some light makeup and minor cgi. Its entirely possible to do that really well.

They probably wouldn't do that for an entire film. I'd imagine the majority of this will take place not long after Episode III, and then they can use makeup or CGI for a time jump late into the film.

Yeah, hopefully they set it in an era where he will be roughly the right age without having to waste a chunk of the budget changing his look for a big part of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"