Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

Kinda late for that after the way the Rebels cast were integrated into Rogue One.

I don't mind small easter eggs like Chopper appearing in the background, even the prequels did that kind of thing with characters like Aurra Sing. I just don't feel like the films should be bound to storylines not in the films.

They aren't going to make an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie an experimental think piece. There will be a villain.

Probably not, you're right. But I still want them to. Really go out of the box with it.

I don't mind small easter eggs like Chopper appearing in the background, even the prequels did that kind of thing with characters like Aurra Sing. I just don't feel like the films should be bound to storylines not in the films.
I'm sure there are bound to be some contradictions and things that don't quite fit down the line. Things might get retconned or manipulated.

But if Lucasfilm wants to maintain that Rebels is in the same continuity as the movies, for now, they have to actively avoid contradictions.

The confrontation in Rebels was so perfect, that is shouldn't be touched.

I personally feel that bringing Darth Maul into it would be a bad move. I was never a fan of the whole reincarnation story, it's too far-fetched and pure fan service. Feels like a cheap retcon. I'd vote for the Logan approach. Ewan McGregor is at the perfect age too. Something like Fistful of Dollars where Obi-Wan manipulates bands of scum into fighting each other and leaving his spot in the desert alone. But there's this threat coming to get him. The Lawman arrives on Tatooine in the third act. Since it's a prequel we know that Kenobi lives so the question would be how does he choose to do that, does he risk breaking his pacifism streak and using his lightsaber or can he figure out another way? But the climax would have to be more personal.

Even before the Rebels confrontation I never thought it would be a good idea for a live action Kenobi vs Maul fight. While his resurrection is canon it has been purely in the comics, for people that have only seen the films it would be a surprise. And ultimately the film would have to be made with to the assumption that the audience had only seen the live action stuff, as a result everything that had happened elsewhere would either have to be ignored or explained to the audience.

Probably go for a Scorsese type deal as we see him come up from poverty or something to the gangster we know. After Planet of the Apes it's not so farfetched having a CG character be the main star. They'll probably have to make him speak English as opposed to his subtitled Hutt language the whole time though.

That sounds horrendous.

Yeah CGI characters can work, but Jabba the Hut? Get all the way the f*** outta here with that

Probably go for a Scorsese type deal as we see him come up from poverty or something to the gangster we know. After Planet of the Apes it's not so farfetched having a CG character be the main star. They'll probably have to make him speak English as opposed to his subtitled Hutt language the whole time though.
Yeah, but Jabba the Hutt?

Of course it sounds weird, but Disney wants dat money.

I just want a Poe Dameron spin-off. :(

Just give the man a decent space horse to ride through the desert. :cwink:

1umany.gif

1umayg.gif

Actually loved Boga.
Would like to see him ride something comparable on Tatooine.
Don't know if we ever canonically saw the Krayt dragon he imitates on film.
Would be interesting if what he imitates, was once his ride, gone by the time of ANH.

If we see him riding one through an army of Tusken Raiders , as we here it's cry they run in terror, it would be a great call-forward.

Last edited:
Of any potential movie like this, I want to see this one. Wasn't that interested in Rogue One (though I did enjoy it when I saw it) and not hyped up for a Han Solo movie. But, I do want to see where they go with an Obi Wan movie.

Mostly since I liked the character in the original trilogy and I liked the version we saw in the prequels. So I'd like to see what they do with his time in exile. I would hope to see him get a bit of exciting action in there.

Though not sure who they could put in that movie to make him really use his light saber. The Darth Maul thing would potentially be interesting. I know the tricky elements involved in that. But...it would lead to a cool last fight. And it wouldn't be as utterly insane as forcing a Darth Vader encounter which would be absolutely off the table.

You could go with him tackling gangs or something...but then I don't get the light saber action :). I don't think that approach would suck. But personal preference just pulls me to something like a surprise Darth Maul encounter or an Inquisitor or a secret Sith apprentice, just something in that general field.

I suppose it'd be too much to ask for Darth Maul to be the villain in this.

It's only too much if you are basically OK with saying what happened in Rebels does not matter and we are retelling the story in a different way.

Plus, it at least opens the opportunity to create new villains. Fans have talked about Obi-Wan Kenobi leaving to try and confront Vader, which again, before A New Hope makes no sense.

The comic had Jabba say Obi Wan caused him some trouble on Tatooine, so there's an official story there.

Did Jabba know he was Obi-Wan Kenobi? It's just that if Jabba had dealings with Vader, why would he not inform him of Obi-Wan Kenobi if he knew he was a Jedi.

So is McGregor supposed to be in this for sure? Any confirmation?

They could always get Iain Glen if McGregor doesn't come back (for whatever reason).

If they go ahead with the film, I wonder if they will incorporate any of this concept.

star-wars-mythos-obi-wan-kenobi-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-feature-100327.jpg

star-wars-mythos-obi-wan-kenobi-sixth-scale-figure-sideshow-silo-100327.png

Sixth scale figure imagining a slightly older Obi-Wan's days on Tatooine after Revenge of the Sith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"