Expectations

JerseyJoker

Sidekick
Reaction score
For the TDKR, Avengers, etc...

There were/are high expectations for the film

Green Lantern though... most people didn't know who he was, this was their introduction to the character.

For comic book readers, they knew what he could be on screen if done right.

So what were your expectations going into that first viewing? Did you go in with high or low?

Same argument could be made for Iron Man as well and that movie was far greater than what we got from GL.

I actually went in with low expectations and the film was even lower than I thought.

I went in expecting a semi-decent movie at best and got a steaming turd instead.
The trailers didn't look good to me at all, but I had a little bit of faith considering that WB shoved SO MUCH money into this. I figured that surely they would do their best to make this work. This was their 'Iron Man', their chance to kick off the DC cinematic universe but man oh man did they drop the ball. Goes to show you can't just crank out any lifeless superhero movie with big names attached and expect a hit.

Last edited:
People compare that this is like Marvel's Iron Man chance, but I think it was much tougher to make Iron Man work than Green Lantern.

Since GL gives you more opportunity to be floored with spectacular vision of space, galaxy's, aliens, new ideas of weaponry, while Iron Man you had to sell the audience on a man in a suit.

That's one of the biggest disappointments for me, how they had so much to work from and did so little with it.

GL is my favorite character, and I still went in with low expectation. After watching it, I was even more disappointed. The villain was weak, character development was kinda weak, CGI suit was a mess imo. To many things going against it

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"