Expendables in another genre?

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Airwings, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Airwings Waves of air

I'm really taken by all this Expendables talk, and just in this moment, I came to think of a crazy idea.
    I've written posts about something similar before, to gather all known fantasy/fairy-tale characters into one big adventure, kind of an Avengers copy-cat. But this time it's about the actors. Just like how Arnold didn't play a terminator in Expendables and Stallone didn't call his character Rocky or Rambo. The only similarity is the genre of the film, the so-called "muscle action".
    I'm full of crazy ideas and I don't seek any approval here. I do this just for fun.
    Just imagine actors from fantasy-themed films or similar stuff: Daniel Radcliffe together with Elijah Wood, Logan Lerman, Josh Hutcherson, AnnaSophia Robb, Freddie Highmore, Max Records, Kristen Stewart, William Mosely, Dakota Blue Richards, Jeremy Sumpter, Rachel Hurd-Wood, Liam Aiken, Emily Browning, Rollo Weeks. Some of them have even worked together before. But why younger people here? Because this kind of films often have a kid as the main character, and the story seem to focus a lot on leaving an isolated place/life to embark on a journey and face wonders (and evil).
    A metaphore for leaving childhood and growing up?
    Just like the guys in Expendables, these young actors and actresses should be armed to their teeth... buth with swords, shields and other ancient weapons. And the plot should involve a rescue mission, or something like that.

But I'm sure you whould rather see a sci fi expendables, right?

#1 Airwings, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. chaseter Esteemed Member

Disney Expendables.

3. Compi716 The SHH! Jew

The Ocean's movies are basically The Expendables with good actors.

4. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Yeah like the worlds greatest monsters join forces to take on an Alien Invasion or are captured by aliens & have to join forces to break free.

5. Mace Dolex Powerful User

Or howzabout an Expendables movie starring top comedy stars kind of like how The Three Amigos had Chevy Chase, Martin Short, Steve Martin.

But this movie would have Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyed, Jim Carrey and if they were alive John Candy, Rodney Dangerfield, John Belushi.

6. bullets bang bang

They could do a horror expendables

7. Sawyer High King

80s teen movies. Essentially a Brat Pack reunion. Everyone either looks like **** or has no career anymore. Except Rob Lowe, that is. He looks better than ever. :o

8. johnrain Registered

Expendables in Space.

9. Thundarr Registered

I like the idea of a "Sword & Sorcery Expendables" movie. Not sure if I like your casting though. Most of the names I didn't even recognize. The whole idea behind the Expendables movies was for an ensemble of old school action stars joining forces for one big-ass old school action movie.

To do that with the 'Sword & Sorcery Genre", I would go with older actors who are well known for making such movies. Guys like Marc Singer and Adrian Paul. I'd have to put some more thought towards who else I'd team up with them, but that's my opinion.

10. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Hoho, a S&S Expendables movie would also have to feature Arnie!

11. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Guys who play villians all the time...Oldman, Rickman, Strong and Close.

Yeah, I'ld watch that.

12. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Now THAT is the best idea I've heard about this.Excellent!:up:

13. Donnie Darko Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

I like it. Have Donald as Stallone, Goofy as Arnold, Mickey as Willis

Donald's team consists of Hercules, grown up Simba, Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Beast as Dolph Lundgren.

In the sequel, you get either Aladdin or one of the Prince Charmings as Billy the Kid and Grumpy as Chuck Norris.

14. MMMMM...Pancakes Cena Wins LOL

Romantic Comedy/Sci-Fi/Horror

15. bored One Sexy Lemur

Stoners! Cheech Marin, Tommy Chong, Woody Harrelson, John Cho, Jim Brewer, Jeff Bridges, James Franco.

Pad this out with a few others (I just named a few good ones) and do an ensemble piece about people attending a take-off of Burning Man*.

*I am now going to copyright this idea and develop a script. Anyone tries to steal it and I will plant a dime-bag in your car before you next plan to cross state lines.

16. Thundarr Registered

We already got that in Shrek 3, when Fiona teamed up with Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty in order to save The Kingdom Of Far Far Away from the evil Prince Charming and his fellow fairy tale villains.

17. Thundarr Registered

True, but only if he gets into decent shape. We don't want no flabby little girly man on screen.

It should probably include Dolph as well. He's nearly as iconic as He-Man as Ahnuld was as Conan.

18. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Hip-Hop Expendables. Essentially a movie version of Def Jam: Icon.

Full-on street war with Jay-Z, Kanye, Diddy, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lil Jon, DMX, Snoop, Ice-T, Luda and Dre.

19. Paladin-Hoss Registered

Creating another 'expendables'like franchise with other genres gonna be tough, since the other genres doesn't have as many iconic preformers associated with them.

That said, perhaps a reverse expendables? with an all female cast?

Just throw Zoe Bell, Gina Caranno, Maggie Q, Jolie, Michele Yeoh, Thurman,Lena headey, Summer Glau, kate Beckinsale, Milla Jovovich and Scarlett in an action movie...i know i'd watch that:yay:

20. ShredderX Registered

I was going to say a Blaxploitation Expendables, but they already did that with 1996's Original Gangsters.

21. Thundarr Registered

Starring Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver, Mark Hamill, Patrick Stewart, and Whats-her-name who played Wilma on Buck Rogers (I think her last name is Grey). Maybe add Ron Perlman and Peter Mayhew as a couple of some sort of aliens (heavy on the prosthetic latex make up fx).

22. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

Musical Expendables Rock Stars fighting Boy Bands & other Pop Singers.

23. Incrediblejeff Still Incredible

Either that or A Kingdom Hearts movie.

24. Thundarr Registered

Sword & Sorcery Expendables starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren, Marc Singer, Adrian Paul, with Lucy Lawless as the party's sorceress and Sara Michelle Gellar as her apprentice.

25. uniqueweasel Don't Drink and Bake

Expendables Western, basically the magnificent seven, but you get the idea