Gina Carano to Topline Female EXPENDABLES Movie

Lencho01

Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
Reaction score
http://collider.com/gina-carano-expendables/197687/

Gina Carano to Topline Female EXPENDABLES Movie

by Dave Trumbore Posted: September 24th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

gina-carano-slice1.jpg
Just a short while ago we announced the production of a female version of The Expendables. Now, we have word that up-and-coming action star Gina Carano (Haywire) is set to topline the untitled picture. Carano was briefly mentioned in our fantasy cast for Adi Shankar’s production, which Dutch Southern is writing. The former American Gladiators star certainly has the goods to be the face of the ladies’ version of the franchise, but it would be a missed opportunity not to include some of cinema’s classic action heroines. Hit the jump to see what Shankar had to say about Carano joining the picture.

Variety reports that Shankar is also in talks with several unnamed actresses prominent in the action genre, but is thrilled to have Carano on board, saying:
“I don’t know how I’m supposed to make a movie that is supposed to be the female version of ‘The Expendables’ without Gina Carano in it. It would be like making Twix without caramel or Jamba Juice without jamba.”
Carano is an excellent choice to build the franchise around, but the faces of the male version of The Expendables were the famous action stars we’d grown to know and love. Here’s hoping Shankar is able to round up some good old fashioned 80s, 90s and 00s action talent to go along with the new blood.

Carano can next be seen in The Fast and the Furious 6 (see a set photo with co-star Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson here) and is also attached to star in John Stockwell’s Taken-esque action-thriller In the Blood.

So by "topline" do they mean she's gonna be the biggest name in it because if that's so...

Maybe she's the main character.

Will Lindsay Lohan & Snooki get roles in this ? I wonder

Weaver and Hamilton as her relatives.

God, I have never been so attracted to a woman that could so brutally beat me to death.

And Angelina Jolie. Is that it?

Unless Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton make cameos. :awesome:

Jolie is more famous for being Jolie, but I could see Weaver and Hamilton maybe making cameos.

Adding a Xena-era Lucy Lawless would be gold.

I think Milla Jovovich is much more likely.

So this film's leads won't be women in their fifties and sixties like the Expendables leading men where in those ages, fighting?

If they are to do what the Expendables did age appropriate wise and deserving to be in the film becuase of resume, here's my list that should be considered.

Brigitte Nielsen
Grace Jones
Michelle Yeoh
Sharon Stone
Mila Jovovich,
Uma Thurman
Pam Grier
Angelina Joli
Carrie-Anne Moss
Jessica Alba
Linda Hamilton
Sigourney Weaver
Lucy Lawless
Jennifer Garner
Charlize Theron
Ziyi Zhang
Helen Mirren
Geena Davis
Michelle Rodriguez
Zoe Saldana
Scarlett Johansson
Anne Hathaway

Last edited:
They need to include older action stars, but it seems they're going for gals in their 30s.

I like her lots. I wasn't crazy about Haywire but i was about her.

Why can't they use older women? Helen Mirren kicked ass in Red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"