Expendables in another genre?

Now this idea would be a sure fire winner how about an Expendable movie with a cast of the big screens mentally impaired simpletons? it would be a crowd pleaser during awards season:

- Rainman
- Forrest Gump
- My Left Foot
- Sling Blade
- I Am Sam
- What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Wreck-it-ralph is going to be the expendables for videogame villains.

Don't forget this is only about the actors, not characters. :)

Meet Final Fantasy's Expendables.

And the Expendables of gaming in general.

Now this idea would be a sure fire winner how about an Expendable movie with a cast of the big screens mentally impaired simpletons? it would be a crowd pleaser during awards season:

- Rainman
- Forrest Gump
- My Left Foot
- Sling Blade
- I Am Sam
- What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Didn't Robot Chicken already do this one?

Hitman Expendables:yay:
tom%2Bcruise%2BCollateral%2B02.jpg

pulp-fiction-movie-image1.jpg

08brug600.jpg

lfc6av-b78745482z.120110120113021000g9dss3om.1.jpg

lfc6az-b78745482z.120110120113021000g9dss3sm.1.jpg

Last edited:
Expendables Western, basically the magnificent seven, but you get the idea

I was going to suggest that myself. Then I thought that a Wild West Expendables would essentially be The Magnificent Seven. Only difference is the members of the Magnificent Seven get killed and The Expendibles don't.

horror Expendables would be amazing. Depends on if your going for characters or just the actors. With characters, it could be all the horror film villains (Freddy, Jason, Michael, LEatherfeace, Pinhead, etc. etc.) have to take on some higher power to save the world so they can ravage it themselves.

If its actors, than do Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Kane Hodder, Jamie Lee Curtis, and several others against a new horror villian, someone as dangerous as the ones from the franchises they playe din, or soemthing like that.

I was going to suggest that myself. Then I thought that a Wild West Expendables would essentially be The Magnificent Seven. Only difference is the members of the Magnificent Seven get killed and The Expendibles don't.

And they would all be carrying gatling guns terminator 2 style.

Sword & Sorcery Expendables starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren, Marc Singer, Adrian Paul, with Lucy Lawless as the party's sorceress and Sara Michelle Gellar as her apprentice.
No Harry Potter, Narnia or LOTR actors?

Regarding a sci fi expendables with iconic actors:
Starring Harrison Ford, Sigourney Weaver, Mark Hamill, Patrick Stewart
William Shatner, anyone?
British Expendables...
Cool idea. Then we'll have guys like Gerard Butler, Jude Law, Clive Owen, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Timothy Dalton, Ewan McGregor, Paul Bettany (and Jason Statham again). Perhaps even Michael Caine?
Now: how about a Scandinavian Expendables? :oldrazz:
horror Expendables would be amazing. Depends on if your going for characters or just the actors. With characters, it could be all the horror film villains (Freddy, Jason, Michael, LEatherfeace, Pinhead, etc. etc.) have to take on some higher power to save the world so they can ravage it themselves.

If its actors, than do Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Kane Hodder, Jamie Lee Curtis, and several others against a new horror villian, someone as dangerous as the ones from the franchises they playe din, or soemthing like that.
The Expandables "concept" is about the actors, if I'm not mistaken. :woot:
But great idea with Englund, Curtis and the others. I think also Bruce Campbell will be a part of something like this, and Neve Campbell too.
They should all be playing "god guys" then, and team up to face some evil demon.

Last edited:
No Harry Potter, Narnia or LOTR actors?

Regarding a sci fi expendables with iconic actors:

William Shatner, anyone?

Most of the actors in The Expendables were all really hot s#!t "back in the day", so I'm trying to stay with the same general theme. Most of the actors from Narnia, Harry Potter, and LOTR are yet to be "washed up old has-beens"
and therefore don't belong in an expendables line up. At least not for the heroes at any rate.

As for iconic Sci-Fi actors? I was thinking of adding Shatner, but decided to go a little younger with Patrick Stewart.

Most of the actors in The Expendables were all really hot s#!t "back in the day", so I'm trying to stay with the same general theme. Most of the actors from Narnia, Harry Potter, and LOTR are yet to be "washed up old has-beens"
Jason Statham is one of the guys in Expandables that isn't a washed-up has-been. I guess the same thing has to transfer over to a S&S Expandables.
A younger actor in his prime could be needed. Maybe Orlando Bloom, even if most people hate him. He's done a lot of "sword" films and I don't think it matters of some of them didn't have sorcery in them.
Harry Potter then. It's not about swords that much, as it takes place in present day. But a sorcery film, that is what it is.
Can Daniel Radcliffe work here, will he suit fine alongside Singer and the others?
And what about other characters from LOTR/HP, a few of them somewhat older? Viggo Mortensen, Hugo Weaving, David Wenham, Karl Urban, David Thewlis, Alan Rickman or any other you can come up with?

I just realized that RED is actually an Expendables-themed film. Are you aware of that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"