Gina Carano to Topline Female EXPENDABLES Movie

But they won't get Whedon. They're getting questionable people to do it.

'The Ugly Truth'? God..

This sounds terrible. I love Gina Carano and all. Haywire was money, and she has a good presence on the screen. This... wow. ExpendaBelles. Did Stallone have any say in this whatsoever?

Anything without Jovovich, Rodriguez, and Weaver is a non-starter for me. Linda Hamilton and Jolie would make nice cameos. Not sure why they'd waste their time with Streep.

This sounds terrible. I love Gina Carano and all. Haywire was money, and she has a good presence on the screen. This... wow. ExpendaBelles. Did Stallone have any say in this whatsoever?

There are two female Expendables films in development. Carano isn't connected to the ExpendaBelles one.

It is questionable, but the project is too. I doubt even Kathryn Bigelow would grant it higher prestige than a B-movie.

I mean, try get someone who can make it into fun schlock, not an outright bad film.

'The Ugly Truth'? God..

Because doing a female-based spinoff of The Expendables really requires the best. :o

I have seen many weird European art house films to know that you should never be snobby about the subject of a film. I fully subscribe to the belief that talented people can make a very good film out of any subject.

So even with the current plot they have, with talent writers and directors, they can undoubtedly turn out a good film.

I'm more interested in who they get to direct this one. Adi Shankar producing with Gina Carano, Katee Sackhoff and Sharni Vinson could make for a genuinely great action film.

There are two female Expendables films in development. Carano isn't connected to the ExpendaBelles one.

Is there a thread for the other one? cuz this one is starting to sound like an ass sandwich.

Wait, there are two? My goodness. It's Snow White in 2012 and Hercules in 2014 all over again baby.

:down

Because doing a female-based spinoff of The Expendables really requires the best. :o

The 'best' is relative really. Nicholas Winding Refn, Christopher Nolan or David Fincher could never make anything like Con Air, The Raid or Fast Five. But Robert Luketic is a boring hack when you have guys like Isaac Florentine who can do a million times better with a tenth of the resources.

They need Caity Lotz (Black Canary from Arrow) in this film. Lotz is a skilled martial artist with some training in Taekwondo, Wushu and Muay Thai. She is also a practitioner of Parkour.

gwsk0vqomv3prha0lu1g.jpg

zofcduqzhpghwpscuawo.jpg

zftuurtnhaagaugrkxlu.jpg

Top of her game? Her husband provides the majority of her work.

I don't want Jovovich, Beckinsale, Jolie or Rodriguez anywhere near this. I don't buy any of them as legit female action hero legends. I've seen Carano kick ass and I believe she can be one. Jovovich beats up CG dogs, Beckinsale beats up CG wolves, Jolie I can never buy, and Rodriguez has been playing a poor woman's Vasquez for her entire career. They all feel too Hollywood produced.

I disagree 100% and really don't want Carano in any more than a supporting role. She can fight but has no presence, style or acting chops IMO.

That's the one more likely to get my money. Carano as lead? no thank you.

This is Carano's next film...

[YT]eLj87gSx2U0[/YT]

someone needs to tell Carano that action stars need to be in the best shape possible. she should look like she looked when she was fighting.

That is actually someone we shoulda had first on the list.

With Expendables 3 bombing I don't see this getting made.

lol was just going to post that. Weaver is the biggest female action star if they cant get her than meh on the whole idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"