Extra! Extra! Read All About It! Disney Rip Off F4 In New Movie!

Reaction score
I have an animated GIF here showing footage that is cleanly lifted from :ff: :

disneyripsoffff.gif

Now tell me that Sky High is original...otherwise I can just say it rips off :ff:, x-men, batman, and heaps of other comic book *movies*. disney has no originality these days.

Well... Plastic Man was created b4 Reed Richards... the original Human Torch is from the 40´s... and THE INCREDIBLES ruled ass!

movie-man2000 said:

disneyripsoffff.gif

Now tell me that Sky High is original...otherwise I can just say it rips off :ff:, x-men, batman, and heaps of other comic book *movies*. disney has no originality these days.

I noticed that when the trailer for Sky High was released. That's annoying.

movie-man2000 said:

disneyripsoffff.gif

Disney does suck now. :(

All there is is Pixar. :o

You do realise that both of these movies were filmed at like, the same time right?

Sarge said:
You do realise that both of these movies were filmed at like, the same time right?

The Fantastic Four trailer came out first. They could have seen the trailer and added that part in.

webhead731 said:
The Fantastic Four trailer came out first. They could have seen the trailer and added that part in.
I don't think that was in the trailer. And anyways if it was, the people working on it would be too busy with trying to make their own movie instead of saying "OMG did u see dat thing in th FFFFF4 trail00rz!? it was t3h r0xx0rs!?!?!!!1". It's a coincidence.

Sarge said:
I don't think that was in the trailer. And anyways if it was, the people working on it would be too busy with trying to make their own movie instead of saying "OMG did u see dat thing in th FFFFF4 trail00rz!? it was t3h r0xx0rs!?!?!!!1". It's a coincidence.

It was in the trailer. I still think they got it off Fantastic Four.

guys its no big deal
its more like pyro then johnny
and pyro has more control over fire then warren does
all warren can do is throw fireballs
FF has already made more money then sky high
this isnt important

Pyro is also a Marvel character.
But I guess the money is more important.

movie-man2000 said:
hell yeah! but i mean...this is basically a modified version of x-men, isn't it?

Well... yeah. Just as X-Men was lifted from Theodore Sturgeon´s MORE THAN HUMAN book. Nothing is really original today, dude. Sad but true.

webhead731 said:
It was in the trailer. I still think they got it off Fantastic Four.
Then you're being completely rediculous. I guess that when Plastic Man did that in his first few appearences he was copying off of Fantastic Four as well? :rolleyes:

I think the term "rip-off" gets thrown around too much around here.

Now tell me that Sky High is original...otherwise I can just say it rips off , x-men, batman, and heaps of other comic book *movies*. disney has no originality these days.

Dude, did you see this movie? It's got nothing but cliches in it. It's like you've found a strand of hair in a sasquatch footprint, said "I finally have proof that the yeti isn't bald!" while a full grown, hairy-ass bigfoot stands you grooming it's chest hair. Ok, weird analogy, but you get my point. Still, the film really isn't too bad at all. And the whole movie industry's running low on originality these days. Of course, I guess you can say it always has been in some way or another.

FF has already made more money then sky high
this isnt important

And really, isn't that all that matters? Half the reason I went to see Sky High was because it seemed cute and I felt sorry for it. But Lo and Behold, it actually beat Stealth at the box office. The most annoyingly overmarketed technology gone awry guarunteed adrenaline rush predicted king of the weekend box office. Sure, top sPot went to the Wedding Crashers which surprised the Hell out of everybody. That was a weird weekend.

Point is, what does this say about American audiences? Between two unoriginal CGI driven flicks, more people chose to see one about a fledgling group of superheroes with a PG rating. Family friendly PG rating. Even after 2 weeks of Oompa Loompas. Sky High isn't our enemy guys. It's our friend! It's not like it's any kind of competition for FF or anything to take seriously. You wanna be pissed at The Incredibles for gaining more critical praise, winning an Oscar and making more money? Fine. But give this somehow enjoyable piece forgettable, uninsPired Disney Cinema a chance.

movie-man2000 said:

disneyripsoffff.gif

That's so wrong!!!! They so copied :ff:

I agree Disney copys other people cause they aren't smart enouph to think of thier own stuff, and take the credit for it!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Just like in the Incredibles

TheHumanTorch04 said:
That's so wrong!!!! They so copied :ff:

I agree Disney copys other people cause they aren't smart enouph to think of thier own stuff, and take the credit for it!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Just like in the Incredibles
Please tell me that you're either 11 years old or you're not serious. Because you completely ignored all the other posts in this thread debunking this "copying". Oh and the Incredibles was ten times the movie that F4 was. :o

BTW. did you guys liked Sky High?

I considered it amusing.

Sarge said:
Oh and the Incredibles was ten times the movie that F4 was. :o

A better movie? Certainly. TEN times better? Please.

And no one has "debunked" the claim that Incredibles stole from FF. It did.
Incredibles would be a very different movie had The Fantastic Four not existed in the first place. To anyone who doesn't realize what a big freaking rip-off the Incredibles is, I have one word: Violet. I know of only one other character in all of fiction that possesses the dual powers of invisibility and force field projection: Sue Storm.

The character of Violet alone constitutes theft.

i can understand people thinking that its a rip off

although i dont agree with it having seen the film
but the idea that there are is a scene in sky high that you consider a direct ripoff because they look the same ?
whats the theory?
some spy from the sky high set photographed the FF scene and copied it for sky high?
doesnt make sense
sometimes a similar scene is just a similar scene
the FF is a success why nitpick about what another film does ?

Disney haven't had a decent, original idea since Finding Nemo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"