Ezra Miller Is The Flash - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are Barry's non superpowered friends in the comics? I just started reading the silver age series that begins with him getting struck by lightning and the only person he seems to hang out with is Iris.

What even is going on here?
giphy.gif

it is kinda funny but yeah. its full of screens, monitors ad he has his suit in the open. Plus barry always had friends. how come this one doesn't? now im not saying this changes cant work they could for the tone of the movie but it seems like this is juts barry in name only.

i would like to know your thoughts

I agree, based on what we see and here, it does give the impression he is a loner - bit of an eccentric hipster - also, the actor was chosen to act a certain way, be a certain way and his character shines through in that, they could have gone for Zac Effron, Armie Hammer, someone like Ryan Reynolds or Gosling, but instead they chose a quirky actor - there is a reason for that.

These trailers they are mini set ups. We see Cyborg as the sports jock gone wrong, we see aqua man as this sea beast helping out villagers, we know Bruce and Diana.

Ofcourse, we have only seen snippets.

A lot of Flash gems here:

“I can confirm, spoiler alert, his suit does not pop out of his ring [in the movie].” Miller, who speaks with fluency about the different eras of Flash lore, has clearly anticipated this question. “Things have to progress, you know? Original Barry Allen was clearly an incredibly, incredibly clever scientist. We acknowledge and respect that.” He adds, playfully, “We want to apologize to the fans who are mad about the ring thing.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/09/14/ezra-miller-justice-league-flash-fans-apology/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Are they waiting for Flashpoint to reveal that bit?

So unrelated to the Flash specifically, but anyone here ever hear Miller performing or singing?

On the announcement of Flashpoint, I'm thought before, well, guess they couldn't come up with a better story other than Flashpoint, but maybe this is the best way to go. But now I'm thinking...because they couldn't come up with any other ideas, and we already have the TV show.

Even though most of us don't want an origin story, we need to have some proper introduction to the Flash in the DCEU, which hopefully Justice League will provide, but the question is how much of a role Flash will play in it.

Once again, it seems the DCEU will be notoriously known for rushing things. I just don't feel starting off with Flashpoint seems right. It could drive people's interest away. I feel like we should understand the character first, in order to relate to Barry's decision to go back in time and save his mother.

I think seeing Barry being a superhero first and fighting evil is simple and good enough to start with. Watching Barry do heroics before making the selfish decision if you want to call it...to go back in time should be saved for a later film.

I think there's a really strange obsession with needing a setup for everything. Barry'd dad is in prison for the murder of Barry's mother. We really don't need to know anything beyond that to understand why he'd go back in time.

Like we didn't need a whole movie of Neo doing hacker stuff and doubting his reality to get why he'd wanna free his mind from the Matrix.

I think it'd be good to show the time travel in JL though, just to tie it back to BvS and plant the seed for Flashpoint. But we don't need an entire movie of Flash being Flash to get why he'd wanna go back in time.

I think there's a really strange obsession with needing a setup for everything. Barry'd dad is in prison for the murder of Barry's mother. We really don't need to know anything beyond that to understand why he'd go back in time.

Like we didn't need a whole movie of Neo doing hacker stuff and doubting his reality to get why he'd wanna free his mind from the Matrix.

I think it'd be good to show the time travel in JL though, just to tie it back to BvS and plant the seed for Flashpoint. But we don't need an entire movie of Flash being Flash to get why he'd wanna go back in time.

yup. i like how the whole JL's been setup so far.
we don't need to see 10 origin movies.

did the X-Men movies or the Justice League Unlimited animated series show the origin of every character?
They did not, or they simply alluded to their past through dialogue.
And they still manage to have moments that were hella poignant and feels.

and yea, i am looking forward for that time travel stuff showing flash going back in time to warn bruce, to tie in JL and flashpoint back to BvS.
that would be a big nerdgasm there.

Sounds like Flash was considered to be a highlight at test screenings according to Johns.

THIS

We'll no doubt get some of his story in JL and we'll see more at the beginning of his solo movie.
Flashpoint doesn't need a ton of build up.

Cool pose, cool lighting but my God, I can't wait to see him in the 'polished' costume because that thing is a cubist painters wet dream. Fugly doesn't even cover it.

The perfect human being doesnt exi...oh wait.

Hot-Pictures-Ezra-Miller.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"