• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Ezra Miller Is The Flash - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be that costly if they just put lights on his costume, like they did with Cyborg's mocap pajamas, and then mix them with cgi.

I can live with the costume. I do prefer the CW suit visually, but I'm sure with time this one will grow on me. Will be able make a better call after the movie comes out.

The important thing will be how the character turns out. So far has been pretty enjoyable in the trailer, but again I need to see more scenes with him. Something that will only really be possible after seeing the movie.

I absolutely love that line from Miller in the trailer showing a sense of nervousness energy and frankly just being downright scared going into battle. Essentially going to face the devil and his demons on their turf.

It's great and interesting characterization. Something entirely unique that we haven't seen in these movies before. Before in all these collective superhero movies every individual combatant has a history of battle. The flash being a college kid who just got these powers is justifiably frightened at the thought of going to war and with the caliber of enemy he's about to face.

Gives the Flash character amazing dimension.. That line wasn't just meant for humor even though it works in a situational comedic way that is totally different than the forced comedy of a marvel studio movie. It also brings great insight into the characters mental state andbfers. This will be his first outing as a superhero truly fighting an opponent of great power. And we the audience see this amazing yet frightening world through his eyes.

DGxh39rXsAMDFRC.jpg

His speed is wrong, huh?
Dumb internet people, lawd.

Nice reply tho.

What does that even mean? His speed is all wrong? And people wonder why fanboys have the reputation they have?

I think he's referring to the speed force/aura being blue rather than the traditional yellow.

So after seeing Several pictures I still can't make out what is going on with the Flashs suit. It looks like it's a bunch of different pieces held together....cheaply? I'm being 100% sincere in asking and I know someone can put me in my place with a good explanation. Thanks...

So after seeing Several pictures I still can't make out what is going on with the Flashs suit. It looks like it's a bunch of different pieces held together....cheaply? I'm being 100% sincere in asking and I know someone can put me in my place with a good explanation. Thanks...
Like some kind of self-built prototype suit

how absurd

"In the comic books, electricity surrounds the Flash as he zooms by, and we will see a similar effect in the movie. But of course Zack Snyder has to come up with a grounded reason to do this, even though a reason isn’t really necessary. So the character has dozens of wires that criss cross his body which harness electricity as he moves as hyper speeds. In the film the wires will be enhanced with a digital effects to show electricity harnessed throughout his body."

PS I totally forgot that in the set visits they quoted more of the exchange between Barry and Bruce (more than what we've seen in the trailers anyway)

“Barry Allen, Bruce Wayne.”

“You said that like it explains why there’s a total stranger in my place sitting in my second favorite chair,” quips Allen.

“Tell me about this…” Wayne presents Allen a printout showing the security footage of Allen which was retrieved from Lex Luthor’s hard drive in Batman v Superman. Allen looks at the paper incredulously.

“This is… uhh… a person who looks exactly like me but is definitely not me. Somebody, hippy, long hair. Very attractive Jewish boy… who drinks milk. I don’t drink milk.”

Wayne is not amused. “I know you have abilities, I just don’t know what they are…”

Allen quips, “My special skills include viola, web design, fluent in sign language, gorilla sign language…”

Wayne has stopped listening and is admiring Allen’s prototype Flash costume which is in the middle of the room.

Looking closer at the Flash suit, Wayne notices its made of “silicon base and quartz fabric, heat resistant.”

Allen tries to explain what the superhero costume is for: “Yeah, I also do ice dancing.”

“They use it on the space shuttle to keep it from burning up on reentry,” comments Wayne.

Barry responds that the suit is for “very competitive ice dancing.” Barry turns and continues, “Look man, I don’t know who you are but whoever you’re looking for is not me.”

While Barry is turned, Bruce Wayne takes the opening to chuck a Batarang at the young superhero. Almost instantly time slows down and we are engulfed into Barry Allen’s world of slow-motion as he dodges the incoming weapon and notices that it’s a metal throwing star in the form of the Batman logo. He reaches out and grabs it, catching it.

We transition into real time as Barry looks at Bruce, “You’re the Batman?

Bruce now understands, “So you’re fast?”

Barry remarks, “That feels like an over simplification.”

Bruce is not amused, so he gets to the point: “I’m putting together a team, people with special abilities. You see, I believe enemies are coming…”

Allen interrupts him, “Stop right there, I’m in!”

Wayne surprised, “Just like that?”

“Yeah,” responds Allen, taking a few seconds to admit, “I need friends.”

“Great,” says Wayne relieved.

Barry still looking at the Batarang, “Can I keep this?”

As I believe other have mentioned, I the suit provides protection not only for Barry (or even not necessarily for him), but for others; when he briefly used his abilities in BvS, the electricity he produced ended up frying the security camera and making a bit of a mess in the store, so when using his abilities to a bigger scale it makes sense that the electricity coming from him would become more destructive, so maybe his suit serves more as a containment suit in that sense.

LoL was that a real on set exchange? I find that hilarious, ice dancing and saying he looks like a Jewish hippie and he doesn't drink milk. Ezra is life to me, Ezra with long hair is orgamso life.

As I believe other have mentioned, I the suit provides protection not only for Barry (or even not necessarily for him), but for others; when he briefly used his abilities in BvS, the electricity he produced ended up frying the security camera and making a bit of a mess in the store, so when using his abilities to a bigger scale it makes sense that the electricity coming from him would become more destructive, so maybe his suit serves more as a containment suit in that sense.

Maybe at one point, after having generated a ton of electrical power, one of the wires will snap, breaking the circuit and producing this giant surge of energy:

justiceleague-flash-buildings.jpg

"He built it himself" is not an excuse for being ugly and unthematic. Or, no, there's still no good reason for the speedster to be wrapped in random metal wires.

"He built it himself" is not an excuse for being ugly

Matter of personal opinion.

and unthematic.

Innacurate, the theme is there and it's quite clear: "made in a basement from scraps/stolen parts."

Or, no, there's still no good reason for the speedster to be wrapped in random metal wires.

Well, personally, I don't know many speedsters so I don't know if there is a reason for them to wear whatever they wear...

Or, you know, we could wait til the actual movie wich probably has a good, in-story reason for why the fictional character they're introducing us to wears what he wears.

Just a thought.

"He built it himself" is not an excuse for being ugly and unthematic. Or, no, there's still no good reason for the speedster to be wrapped in random metal wires.

images.jpg

He read some DIY books for Dummies and made that suit in his basement. :o

do you guys think Barry is going to work in in the crime lab forensics like in the comics in this movie? We only seen a little of him from the trailers but i would like to know what you guys think?

To me anyway it looks and sounds like hes some hacker type troup.

Isn't S.T.A.R labs situated in Central City?? I think Barry or Vic or both will definitely be showing up there. As for the the forensics expert part, I think we'll probably get a line or two about Barry's work life. I don't want it to be a focal point in JL. I hope that the solo Flash movie will explore that area in depth, show Barry's struggle to keep up between his speedster hero business and his day job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"