Fallout 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it broken? It's common amongst gamers when they encounter something they didn't like to call it 'broken'...

It's akin to comic fans calling a CBM they din't like personally to be 'overhyped, overrated'etc...

Well thats not true with me as I loved Fallout 3. The game has plenty of bugs and glitches and not merely little stuff like a texture didnt pop up. Nowhere near Skyrim bad but theres enough in there that it can be completely frustrating at times.

^^ i was just talking about fanboys attitude in general...not you specifically.

As far as those things you menytioned, that i can agree with. But i wouldn't call the game broken because of that.Maybe i'm old fashioned ( or just old) but i'll call the game broken when it's becoming totally unplayable for me.

But yeah, hopefully they'll get those things sorted out by the time FO4 rolls out. I remember playing FO3 on my XBOX and those things can indeed be frustrating.

The actual role playing system in Fallout 3 is what's broken. The game was designed to allow any player to be able to survive, which makes the game more" accessible" to a wider audience, you're stats cease to be relevant after about the 10-13 hour mark (around Tranquility Lane.) As far as the writing goes, the bombs fell 200 years prior and DC looks like it was hit a month ago. The water purification plot was weak because it's not that hard to purify irradiated water and none of your actual choices have any real bearing on the actual plot. The characters ilack any real personality. The ****ing toaster in old world blues has more personality than any of the characters in Fallout 3.

So..basically your argument of FO3 being 'broken'is because it's too easy for you.

Bare in mind that players have varying degree of skills.Not everybody is a hardcore RPG-ers that can breeze through games-for example in FO3, reached the tranquility point just after 10-13 hours.

And isn't any game designed to allow any player to be able to survive? otherwise what's the point? There's a reason why you can adjust the difficulty setting.

As far as why DC still looks like that after 200 years...look at what kind of people that still survive after the bombs fell,they're not exactly the kind of people that can rebuild the world...not to mention depleted resources-natural or otherwise, problems with the mutants etc. The US was bombed back to the stone age, and you can't rebuild society in such a short time.

The problem with purifying the water was doing it in a large scale, which was the problem.various characters during the main quest stated this.

As far as characters writing goes...i agree somewhat. There are characters with well written personalities and backstories, though not much. Sydney the relic hunter comes to mind.

I thought for a second that they're going to announce fallout 4 in E3. I really love this franchise, I started playing this game when my parents bought me my first PC and I still suck at any games so it took me 2 years (I only play video games during weekends when I was in grade school) to finish this game! Then came FO2 which is as great as the first one, specially the part where you can play the game after you killed the Enclave. Everytime I install the games again it really brings back a lot of memories and frustrations. I can say I was ****ing stoked when I first heard that Marcus was returning but only as an NPC (which sucks) at NV, but then again I guess a little nod to the previous games is fine. I was reading all the previous comments in this thread and yes I think I read somewhere that the location for FO4 will be in Boston, and story wise IMO they should find those people who wrote the first 2 games but that's just me.

Hmmm. I don't know, a big part of Fallout seems to be about the how the failed American dream looks after all these things have happened. But, if I'm being honest...I'll probably be down for whatever Bethesda wants to do.

I just bought Fallout New Vegas, the complete edition. I'm really enjoying it. I bought it when it came out for the PS3, minus all the DLC, but it was just unplayable. Never had a game hardlock on me as much as that one did. But, like Fallout 3 on the 360, NV on the 360 is just fine. Haven't had to reboot the system or anything, yet.

Hmmm. I don't know, a big part of Fallout seems to be about the how the failed American dream looks after all these things have happened

yeah...that's pretty much the main theme of the FO games.That 1950's Americana , pulpy-sci-fi theme. It's why i like the games so much

Wonder about one thing...with XBOX one and PS4 coming out, will you guys then sill be able to play these games on the newer console?

So..basically your argument of FO3 being 'broken'is because it's too easy for you.

Bare in mind that players have varying degree of skills.Not everybody is a hardcore RPG-ers that can breeze through games-for example in FO3, reached the tranquility point just after 10-13 hours.

And isn't any game designed to allow any player to be able to survive? otherwise what's the point? There's a reason why you can adjust the difficulty setting.

As far as why DC still looks like that after 200 years...look at what kind of people that still survive after the bombs fell,they're not exactly the kind of people that can rebuild the world...not to mention depleted resources-natural or otherwise, problems with the mutants etc. The US was bombed back to the stone age, and you can't rebuild society in such a short time.

The problem with purifying the water was doing it in a large scale, which was the problem.various characters during the main quest stated this.

As far as characters writing goes...i agree somewhat. There are characters with well written personalities and backstories, though not much. Sydney the relic hunter comes to mind.

I'm not saying things society should be rebuilt, I'm saying things should be more dilapidated than already are. If purifying water is easier to do on a smaller scale. Wouldn't it make more sense to approach the issue on a smaller scale? And no, not all games are designed that way. Poor resource and stat management in the original games can really **** you over. Its a concept called balance, that and Fallout 3 is really bad at its own internal math (a problem that was addressed with New Vegas. ) also bobble heads that permanently increase your stats really don't help matters either. I understand why Bethesda made the decisions they made. This is the age of the casual gamer, but they aren't free from criticism.

Ah..i misunderstood your question/statement. I thought you meant that by now enough time has passed and things hsould be better.

Well..if things in FO3 should be more dilapidated than they already are, we'd be reduced to seeing wastelanders banging rocks together to make fire.FO3 depicted a world that's been dealt a devastating blow and still licking it's wounds, slowly trying to get back to it's feet. It's not quite there yet, but it's getting there, so i have no problem with the plot or how things are portrayed ingame.It makes sense to me.

The porblem with water purifier plot-getting it to work on smaller scales is not plausible because they lack resources-i.e setting up water purifications on different locations etc.That kind of managements would require all factions to work together and with everybody pretty much at war with everybody else...

And no, not all games are designed that way. Poor resource and stat management in the original games can really **** you over

This is the age of the casual gamer, but they aren't free from criticism.

And that's an elitist attitude that gives us gamers bad names.If more games would be only accesible( or enjoyable) to a select group of gamers(harcore), the industry would die

Ah..i misunderstood your question/statement. I thought you meant that by now enough time has passed and things hsould be better.

Well..if things in FO3 should be more dilapidated than they already are, we'd be reduced to seeing wastelanders banging rocks together to make fire.FO3 depicted a world that's been dealt a devastating blow and still licking it's wounds, slowly trying to get back to it's feet. It's not quite there yet, but it's getting there, so i have no problem with the plot or how things are portrayed ingame.It makes sense to me.

The porblem with water purifier plot-getting it to work on smaller scales is not plausible because they lack resources-i.e setting up water purifications on different locations etc.That kind of managements would require all factions to work together and with everybody pretty much at war with everybody else...

And that's an elitist attitude that gives us gamers bad names.If more games would be only accesible( or enjoyable) to a select group of gamers(harcore), the industry would die
You really need to play the earlier games and maybe you'll understand why Fallour3 is such a shallow representation of that universe.The water purificatipn project could have outsourced to the BoS given they are basically depicted as GI Joes in (which is not th cas in the rest of the series)

I'll guess we'll just have to agree to disagree in this matter.

On a completely unrelated note; that quote on your sig...that was awesome! props on the guard for coming up with that!

This was around the time PWZ came out i take it.

I'll guess we'll just have to agree to disagree in this matter.

On a completely unrelated note; that quote on your sig...that was awesome! props on the guard for coming up with that!

This was around the time PWZ came out i take it.

Fair enough. While Fallout 4 is a ways away, you may want to check out Wasteland 2. Its from the creators of the old Fallout games and the sequel to fallouts spiritual ancestor.Yes it was, I miss the PWZ days.

ï'll have a look at Wasteland 2.

Thanks for the tip.

And yeah...i miss the PWZ time too.it was fun talking about the movie and free of the DC vs Marvel dick measuring contest,

I wonder if FO4 will have anything like the DM DLC that has the ability to destroy the difficulty of the game?

I do agree that there are problems with the leveling of the current crop of Fallout games. I mean, come a certain point, you can pretty much max out all your stats and the game just becomes insanely easy. Even on the highest setting. There should be more customization with real penalties depending on which path you take in building your character. The Cap limit gets raised with DLC, maybe it shouldn't. You build your character and once it hits that cap then that's that, and you gotta deal with whatever comes your way as a result of that build. Didn't put enough in Science? Then I guess you can't hack that terminal. Didn't put enough into Survival? Then you can't get any of those high end endurance based perks.

Also the idea of Co Op should definitely be explored. I'd also like to see more of a Dragon Age Origins sorta deal where you can pick where you start out in the game, which dramatically alters convos and perceptions. Outcast Brotherhood Outcast or runaway slave. You know, something.

Even if it is just two player co-op I'd buy a copy for a friend so we can have a showdown using mini nukes. *Sigh* I need to save up some cash to get a decent rig to play these games with mods. :(

Also the idea of Co Op should definitely be explored. I'd also like to see more of a Dragon Age Origins sorta deal where you can pick where you start out in the game, which dramatically alters convos and perceptions. Outcast Brotherhood Outcast or runaway slave. You know, something.

While I'm not a fan of the Dragon Age series, that feature is one thing I'd really like to see implimented into more RPG's. A Bethesda game with a choice of roles and starting points, be it Fallout or Elder Scrolls, would be superb.

How has no one posted this yet?

www.thesurvivor2299.com

The site is owned by Zenimax (or at least someone put their name in the the owner spot), it went online just 2 days before Bethesda filed a trademark for Fallout 4, Three Dogs voice actor said all he can do is smile when people ask him about the legitimacy of the site, Bethesda has refused to comment on it, and a code in the page's source links to a video on Bethesda's youtube account (the URL is incomplete because the video doesn't exist yet).

Seems like we got Fallout 4 on the way, dudes, but it still could be a very elaborate fake. The guys at reddit.com/r/fallout are pretty much spending 24/7 looking for hints that its legit.

Also, there are a Twitter and a Tumblr going around with the same title and are posting gifs, images, and posts relating to what seems like a tragic story about two brothers, Johnny and Connor, and a girl they both love, Ella, who is killed by (supposedly) one of the brothers and is turned into an android. These accounts, however, are fake.

It's not much of a surprise. I've been saying for a while that at Spike's Video Game Awards I bet they will have an announcement trailer for Fallout 4 to be released in November of 2014, similar to what they did with Skyrim.

Bah. I wants me some new Fallout. I got a macbook recently and I'm going to see if it can run FO3 or NV. If it can then we'll see about mods. :)

Yes yes and YES!

Now I might go back and play 1-3+New Vegas again.

So, if that website is legit, I'm assuming we'll play as someone pre-nuclear war who somehow survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"